Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Apple Logic Pro (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/apple-logic-pro/)
-   -   Logic x unusual Overload problem (New version) (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/apple-logic-pro/1282889-logic-x-unusual-overload-problem-new-version.html)

Woody450 12th October 2019 10:00 PM

Logic x unusual Overload problem (New version)

(LOGIC OVERLOAD)

Hey guys,

Just realized my Logic updated itself without me knowing. Only just realized because I started to make a new track tonight and it's literally unusable. I have literally 8 midi tracks goings with hardly any plugins or processing at all. I'm all the way at 1024 but everytime I play a loop it's just kaput.

I have a late 2013 pro retina 15" i7 16gb of ram and always run projects off external Samsung T5's

It has been fine with up to 45 tracks inc vox with heavy processing up to now with hardly any issues.

Only thing I can think of is that my boot drive is quite full - is that likely to be the issue? literally don't know what to do.

Cheers guys
Matt

anp27 12th October 2019 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody450 (Post 14262226)
(LOGIC OVERLOAD)

Hey guys,

Just realized my Logic updated itself without me knowing. Only just realized because I started to make a new track tonight and it's literally unusable. I have literally 8 midi tracks goings with hardly any plugins or processing at all. I'm all the way at 1024 but everytime I play a loop it's just kaput.

I have a late 2013 pro retina 15" i7 16gb of ram and always run projects off external Samsung T5's

It has been fine with up to 45 tracks inc vox with heavy processing up to now with hardly any issues.

Only thing I can think of is that my boot drive is quite full - is that likely to be the issue? literally don't know what to do.

Cheers guys
Matt

In Preferences/General/Audio toggle "Playback Tracks" to "Playback & Live Tracks".

Woody450 12th October 2019 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anp27 (Post 14262256)
In Preferences/General/Audio toggle "Playback Tracks" to "Playback & Live Tracks".

Thanks man, that already set, one of the first things I checked. Sorry forgot to say, my bad.

d.dot 13th October 2019 12:18 PM

I have a 2013 and an 18. I can’t recall exactly what the issue was but I do remember the 2013 would act real funky and do strange things whenever the SSD got full. I had to periodically do a bit of house keeping to make some space. Afterwards it would be back to normal.

Woody450 13th October 2019 09:43 PM

Thanks guys,

found out the problem using the CPU reader in transport. Weirdly it was a pad in Spire that was causing Logic to max out my usage on all cores. turned it off and it went back to about 15 perfect. How weird ?

anp27 14th October 2019 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody450 (Post 14263712)
Weirdly it was a pad in Spire that was causing Logic to max out my usage on all cores. turned it off and it went back to about 15 perfect.

Spire is a known CPU hog. Never bothered to purchase it because of this.

Woody450 15th November 2019 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anp27 (Post 14264028)
Spire is a known CPU hog. Never bothered to purchase it because of this.

Compared to Diva its not actually so bad!

anp27 15th November 2019 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody450 (Post 14323411)
Compared to Diva its not actually so bad!

Probably... never owned Diva either because of the high CPU issues as well. I do own Zebra 2 and The Dark Zebra which is just fantastic and takes up very little CPU resources. I don't know how U-he did it though because Zebra/The Dark Zebra sounds amazing for how lightweight they are.

hemmick reef 22nd November 2019 10:40 AM

I've noticed the odd spike with various synths too.

I find flicking through Retro Synth's different forms of synthesis it often tops out when selecting FM which then needs to be turned down, quite a way too.
I tend to generally use Logic's utility gain plugin on tracks now to help tame volumes, especially before they hit processing plugins.