Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Product Alerts older than 2 months (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/)
-   -   UnMixIt Released: Isolate Vocals & Instrumental from Mixed Audio! (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/1278617-unmixit-released-isolate-vocals-amp-instrumental-mixed-audio.html)

GetDrumsAnywhere 10th September 2019 04:03 PM

UnMixIt Released: Isolate Vocals & Instrumental from Mixed Audio!

Isolate Vocals & Instrumental
from Mixed Audio!

UnMixIt™ lets you separate vocals (a capella) and instrumental (karaoke) from any audio file: stereo or mono. Until recently, this task was considered technically impossible!

Easy, Yet Powerful

UnMixIt is very easy to use, even if you have no audio editing skills. Simply select your file, click a button you are done! Two separate files will be automatically created: One for the vocals, and the other containing the instrumental (karaoke) version of your song.

High Quality Output

MP3, Wav files at any bitrate are accepted as input. The output is in uncompressed format that ensures professional audio quality.

No Internet Connection Required

Unlike similar software. UnMixIt works offline and it not does not require your file to be uploaded to cloud (i.e. someone else's computer.) No lengthy uploads/downloads or server downtimes. And most importantly, your files are kept private. All audio processing is done in your own computer.

Powered by Artificial Intelligence

After three years of research & development we created an Artificial Intelligence Algorithm called DeepAudioCortex™. It is the only algorithm that works reliably in difficult cases such as monophonic audio, heavy reverb/effects, or vocals not centered in the stereo image.

Create Karaoke Tracks Easily

Just choose your favorite song, press a button and the vocals of your song will be magically removed from the mix. Your karaoke tracks is ready in seconds!

Create Amazing Remixes

Compose new remixes of existing songs! Use the extracted vocals for creating cover versions. Or you can rebalance existing songs. E.g. in old recordings the vocals are very loud by modern standards. UmixIt makes it easy to alter the vocals and instrumental balance producing results that may sound better than the original. The only limit is your imagination!

mutetourettes 10th September 2019 04:49 PM

$79 to end sept, then $120. Win10 only.

Btw I’m not sure that’s how to spell professional if you want to look, er, professional.

Any sound clips?

trevon 10th September 2019 07:41 PM

Has anybody tried this compared to the other 3 similar products in the market? Lakeside, u izotope and there's another one I forget the name.

GetDrumsAnywhere 10th September 2019 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mutetourettes (Post 14197853)
Btw I’m not sure that’s how to spell professional if you want to look, er, professional. Any sound clips?

Thank you for spotting the typo. Fixed.

We offer a free demo so you can test our product with the audio files of your choice.

The product is released just today, so we are open to your suggestions.

consnyc 11th September 2019 12:46 AM

I installed the demo to find out two surprises:

1. this is not a vst hence a pain in the butt to integrate with other
processing in the daw

2. the demo plays over the extracted vocals and instrumentals
a never ending hyper-annoying "this is a demo bla bla...." message that is
so darn loud that it is not possible to tell the artifacts created
by the processing.

So, basically thanks for a useless demo and losing half an hour of my time
(20 minutes of which was the installation that for some freaking reason
takes for ever since it installs 8,500 files).

doom64 12th September 2019 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by consnyc (Post 14198793)
I installed the demo to find out two surprises:

1. this is not a vst hence a pain in the butt to integrate with other
processing in the daw

2. the demo plays over the extracted vocals and instrumentals
by the processing.

So, basically thanks for a useless demo and losing half an hour of my time
(20 minutes of which was the installation that for some freaking reason
takes for ever since it installs 8,500 files).

So I take it you liked it?

trevon 12th September 2019 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doom64 (Post 14201044)
So I take it you liked it?

Sounds to me the demo made it impossible to test the usage, hence impossible to know whether it's good or not.

consnyc 12th September 2019 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevon (Post 14201065)
Sounds to me the demo made it impossible to test the usage, hence impossible to know whether it's good or not.

exactly this

doom64 12th September 2019 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevon (Post 14201065)

*sad face*

GetDrumsAnywhere 12th September 2019 02:17 PM

Quote:

the demo plays over the extracted vocals and instrumentals
by the processing.
If the volume of your original file is low then the audio "watermark" will be heard louder than it was intented to sound.

It will help if you normalize your original file before feeding it to UnMixIt.

We understand that this will be a nuisance, but remember this is a free demo version.

Quote:

(20 minutes of which was the installation that for some freaking reason takes for ever since it installs 8,500 files).
UnMixit easy to use on the user side but really complicated on the inside. It uses the latest breakthoughs in artificial inteligence and this not an easy task to perform (hence the big number of files.) Unlike similar software. UnMixIt works offline and it not does not require your file to be uploaded to an external server. Since all audio processing is done in your own computer, your files are kept private.

consnyc 12th September 2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GetDrumsAnywhere (Post 14201747)

It will help if you normalize your original file before feeding it to UnMixIt.

I raised my file as much as not clipping and it plays at -19 lufs integrated
given that your message plays at almost same (-23 lufs int with max peaks at -14) it can still considerably mask the artifacts or residuals from the subtraction process (I cannot really tell).

Quote:

We understand that this will be a nuisance, but remember this is a free demo version.

Respectfully, I have given to this 45 minutes of my time so far
for FREE to your product without getting anything of value back.

Quote:

UnMixit easy to use on the user side but really complicated on the inside. It uses the latest breakthoughs in artificial inteligence and this not an easy task to perform (hence the big number of files.) Unlike similar software. UnMixIt works offline and it not does not require your file to be uploaded to an external server. Since all audio processing is done in your own computer, your files are kept private.

Ahm, no. List of companies/products off the top of my head
that use deep learning
without damping half of Github's Python libraries on my computer:
- Izotope neutron/ozon
- Acustica Audio ai presets
- Sonible smartomp
- Neural dsp
- Accusonus
etc not to mention numerous video/photo/search engine and
smartphone apps that use the same.

Anyway, good luck getting your product & company off the ground.

KP2020 12th September 2019 05:04 PM

Just tried this. The quality of separation was not that great. I am not sure if that is a demo limitation sounded grainy low quality. plus the protection vocal through the whole play back was annoying. Uninstalled for now. Await more feedback and answers from the Company.

There was a lot of Python files installed.

GetDrumsAnywhere 12th September 2019 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KP2020 (Post 14202028)
Await more feedback and answers from the Company.

We are happy to answer any questions you may have.

GetDrumsAnywhere 13th September 2019 04:16 PM

We also would like to add that similar software on the market do not offer a demo version at all. This should raise suspicion to say the least.

We are confident that we offer a quality product. For this reason we believe that is ethical to let users to try our software first and then decide if they want to purchase or not.

As always we are open to any suggestions you may have.

Happy UnMixing :)

alibling 13th September 2019 05:54 PM

Any chance to get this soon for Mac?

GetDrumsAnywhere 13th September 2019 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alibling (Post 14204415)
Any chance to get this soon for Mac?

Yes, but we cannot make any estimates about the release date yet.

Stratman 15th September 2019 04:01 PM

Video with a demonstration perhaps?

Stratman ;)

GetDrumsAnywhere 15th September 2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stratman (Post 14207869)
Video with a demonstration perhaps?

Stratman ;)

Coming soon :)

MGFan123 20th September 2019 04:47 PM

Alright, so this application doesn't seem to work for me (and a few others). This appears to be an error on your end @ GetDrumsAnywhere

It has something to do with .NET Framework since it crashes for me and gives me this error code:

CLR20r3

Looking this up implies it's a version mismatch. I saw this program was built with version 4.0 in mind and not the latest one. Maybe look into this.

It's most definitely a dependency issue of some kind.

rojhmusic 21st September 2019 07:27 AM

Its almost impossible to "completely" separate vocals from instruments if its mixed already. There will be artifacts. This of course given mixes have diff width and tonal characteristics and combine as one mix meaning to fill the entire spectrum. Dont trust these kinds of apps or claim.

MGFan123 21st September 2019 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rojhmusic (Post 14220032)
Its almost impossible to "completely" separate vocals from instruments if its mixed already. There will be artifacts. This of course given mixes have diff width and tonal characteristics and combine as one mix meaning to fill the entire spectrum. Dont trust these kinds of apps or claim.

Of course there will be artifacts...You'd have to be crazy to expect a perfect extraction for ANY song... Do you not realize how many applications do this type of thing now? Look at RX 7 by Izotope, deMIX Pro by AudioSourcere, or XTRAX STEMS by Audionamix... They are using AI / algorithm-based techniques and not the typical methods. In lots of cases you can get very good results, so no... You saying "Don't trust these kinds of apps" is ignorant at best.

mono_to_STEREO 24th September 2019 03:08 PM

I tried the demo and saw no evidence that the application unmixed anything. When I clicked on the vocals or instruments track buttons the application crashes. Both of my emails to the developer have gone unanswered. This certainly does not inspire confidence in the company or its application! Visitors to the Facebook page for my website reported similar results. I uninstalled the demo and have recommended to others that they not install it.

arctic audio 24th September 2019 04:13 PM

So is it a scam??

oceantracks 24th September 2019 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GetDrumsAnywhere (Post 14204147)
We also would like to add that similar software on the market do not offer a demo version at all. This should raise suspicion to say the least.

We are confident that we offer a quality product. For this reason we believe that is ethical to let users to try our software first and then decide if they want to purchase or not.

As always we are open to any suggestions you may have.

Happy UnMixing :)

Not true Demix pro most certainly does and without an annoying watermark.

MGFan123 24th September 2019 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oceantracks (Post 14227050)

Yeah, but it has iLok... I understand wanting to protect software from being pirated with stuff like iLok / Denuvo, but it is pointless since if the demand is there, it'll get cracked without a doubt, and sometimes less than a week after release... It just punishes those who actually have morals and buy stuff!

MGFan123 24th September 2019 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arctic audio (Post 14226593)
So is it a scam??

Hard to say. I originally assumed this is a fake application which is not made to do as advertised, but from the bit of research I did, it seems to be legitimate, but them not answering peoples' inquiries is pretty unprofessional and dumb if you ask me!

A few people here claim it works for them, but I don't know if that is to be believed...

Maybe they have some crazy issue with the program not working for 99% of users, and the 1% which it did work for are the ones on this thread!

consnyc 24th September 2019 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oceantracks (Post 14227050)

RX7 too and works like a charm (however the advanced version
is very expensive)

oceantracks 24th September 2019 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGFan123 (Post 14227408)
Yeah, but it has iLok... I understand wanting to protect software from being pirated with stuff like iLok / Denuvo, but it is pointless since if the demand is there, it'll get cracked without a doubt, and sometimes less than a week after release... It just punishes those who actually have morals and buy stuff!

iLOK doesn't bother me a bit. If you use Pro Tools, you have an iLOK. If you use Cubase, you have eLicensor, if you use Logic, you have to own a Mac.

WAVES certainly have figured it out, 7 day demos, no hokey watermark nonsense.

TH

TS-12 25th September 2019 02:04 AM

Wonder how well this works,
since all other tools like this (izotope rx, xtrax, etc) don't work well at all

MGFan123 25th September 2019 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by consnyc (Post 14227516)
RX7 too and works like a charm (however the advanced version
is very expensive)

AFAIK the Standard edition has Music Rebalance ($399 I think - it goes on sale occasionally). Elements doesn't have it, though! grrr