Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Gear free zone - shoot the breeze (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/gear-free-zone-shoot-the-breeze/)
-   -   Wish us luck guys!! (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/gear-free-zone-shoot-the-breeze/1277342-wish-us-luck-guys.html)

Kja 30th August 2019 11:21 AM

Wish us luck guys!!

Hurricane Dorian is about to smash is in Florida!! May all our synths be protected by maybe a higher force if you believe in that? And stay safe all those other gearsluts living in Florida like me! Please keep your synths safe! We need to prepare for a fight with this thing... I have my command station set to kill!!

Deleted 402456e 30th August 2019 11:23 AM

Kja 30th August 2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deleted 402456e (Post 14175299)

Lmao! I just spit all my coffee out!!!

Treebase DMX 30th August 2019 11:45 AM

Don't worry about it.

Coorec 30th August 2019 12:05 PM

Save synth and children first! :cop:

Honestly, good luck! freshflowe

jason moyer 30th August 2019 12:19 PM

asynchro_nous 30th August 2019 12:23 PM

Do what any rational person would do in your situation: Build a protective dome made from DX7s for your house!

Kja 30th August 2019 01:27 PM

Thanks guys!! And girls!!

tux99 30th August 2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coorec (Post 14175341)
Save synths and children first! :cop:

Wives too, otherwise who would look after the children while we are playing with the synths? ;)

rasseru 30th August 2019 02:10 PM

Interesting mode for a hurricane to be in, do you know the key?

kcearl 30th August 2019 02:14 PM

Make a raft for your synths out of wimmin and children!! Priorities!!!

kcearl 30th August 2019 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcearl (Post 14175488)
Make a raft for your synths out of wimmin and children!! Priorities!!!

I meant wood and rope, not wimmin and children...soz

zlatanking 30th August 2019 02:55 PM

No worries, just let all that gear float away. Like most on GS, you were probably spending more time wanking on tech specs than actually making quality music with it.

realtrance 30th August 2019 03:42 PM

The news has Dorian at CAT 6 already; Florida will be snapped off and transported north to reinforce the OBX in NC. Don’t worry, you’ll love it up there.

The NOAA - what’s left of it - has Dorian meandering as CAT 2 at a leisurely 11 knots. Mainly expect lots of rain.

Good luck! Early start to hurricane season.

tux99 30th August 2019 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realtrance (Post 14175636)
The NOAA - what’s left of it - has Dorian meandering as CAT 2 at a leisurely 11 knots. Mainly expect lots of rain.

Actually to me it barely looks like a Cat1, the wind speed around the inner eye is really low, see this real time wind map:
https://earth.nullschool.net/#curren....63,27.55,2065

realtrance 30th August 2019 04:36 PM

Latest NOAA forecast (11AM EST) has the shear which was degrading Dorian eased off, so yes, it's likely to intensify. Last drop sonde readings had it going 310 degrees at 9 knots now.

But hurricanes remain very unpredictable, even with all the great research and analysis and modeling that goes into every report.

All of the "spaghetti" lines in a spaghetti graph are true, just at statistically more or less likely ways.

In any event, yes, be careful out there! Watch for alligators! :)

Coorec 30th August 2019 05:43 PM

Keep them reptiles away from synths! :tut:

For safety i recommend to send them endangered synths all to my place. For safety, i tell you!

jerry123 30th August 2019 07:05 PM

Hope you have your emergency kit prep'd. One good tip I received lately is to get CASH to have on hand. Power may go out but any stores that do open after whatever happens might not have card systems or working ATMs if you need supplies later on.

Stay safe!

realtrance 30th August 2019 07:13 PM

Currently headed straight for Már a Lago..... just sayin’....:heh:

roland4387 30th August 2019 07:13 PM

It’s just a hurricane, whatever! You should’ve seen my studio after the ‘94 Northridge Earthquake!

Just F-ing around, of course. Good luck out there.

acreil 30th August 2019 07:54 PM

Derp 30th August 2019 08:01 PM

My boss was in Puerto Rico this week when it hit. It hadn't picked up enough to be a hurricane yet, but he said he's been through much worse. More importantly though, he's bringing those Spanish limes back with him!

Oh yeah, good luck and all that.

SonicBern 30th August 2019 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acreil (Post 14176021)

Did he just say, order your pizza early...

Sounds serious...

Keep your batteries fresh for mains free synthin...

Stay safe...

syntonica 30th August 2019 08:13 PM

Hope you've been saving all those desiccant packets and not eating them!

Stay safe.

realtrance 31st August 2019 12:32 AM

Roland Boutiques! Run on batteries! Don't leave 'em behind!

thehighesttree 31st August 2019 01:06 PM

I've always listened to Frankie for storm advice, and I've never run out of pop, chinese food or spare batteries as a result.

Also, I'd recommend a WEIGHTED cover like a tarp with grommets weighted down if you keep your gear next to a window, you just never know...

realtrance 31st August 2019 04:10 PM

By latest scientific reports, sounds like Dorian may end up scrubbing the east coast up to NC or so, or may even turn out to sea without making landfall.

Who knows?! Best to be prepared, make a party of it in the meantime, the way Floridians always have. Life is too short to spend all your time worrying. jkthtyrt

SonicBern 31st August 2019 11:26 PM

There is an element of virtual modeling v's traditional analog forecasting

The only thing suggesting it will turn north are two virtual computer models. It could barrel through like Andrew...

realtrance 31st August 2019 11:33 PM

It could barrel thru, join up with another low forming in the Gulf of Mexico, grow to CAT 5 and finish off New Orleans and Houston, then turn south towards Mexico City where it meets up with lots of smog which increases the particulate matter hail can form around and then end up hailing on Mexico City with hail the size of golf balls and watermelons, after which Popocatepetl(sp?) erupts and sends lava northward to the Texas border with Mexico, dissolving all human constructions before it.

But..... pROBAbLy not. abduction

SonicBern 1st September 2019 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realtrance (Post 14177617)
It could barrel thru, join up with another low forming in the Gulf of Mexico, grow to CAT 5 and finish off New Orleans and Houston, then turn south towards Mexico City where it meets up with lots of smog which increases the particulate matter hail can form around and then end up hailing on Mexico City with hail the size of golf balls and watermelons, after which Popocatepetl(sp?) erupts and sends lava northward to the Texas border with Mexico, dissolving all human constructions before it.

But..... pROBAbLy not. abduction

Everyone forgets Yellowstone....

Ready to hit record activity before August is out...

This kind of stuff drives people to make music...

;)