Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   New Products - Coming soon (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-products-coming-soon/)
-   -   Arturia 3 Delays You’ll Actually Use (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-products-coming-soon/1276409-arturia-3-delays-you-ll-actually-use.html)

Deif 22nd August 2019 02:20 AM

Arturia 3 Delays You’ll Actually Use

It looks like production expert posted this ahead of schedule and immediately took it down. What is the yellow and black plugin emulating?

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/c...pg?format=750w

krautman 22nd August 2019 05:38 AM

Following!

RaySoul 22nd August 2019 05:51 AM

The memory brigade is emulating electro harmonix. The 201, is emulating Roland. The yellow and black is a mystery…

spaceman 22nd August 2019 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaySoul (Post 14162070)
The memory brigade is emulating electro harmonix. The 201, is emulating Roland. The yellow and black is a mystery…

The yellow and black is the delay from Eventide H3000 maybe ? The unit has yellow buttons, and is known for those infinite type delays.
https://com-eventide-drupaluserfiles...3000rack_0.jpg

Bwogo 22nd August 2019 08:49 AM

another Space Echo ... yawn ... they shoulda went with TC 2290 for the digital one.

though TC would prolly be combative. OK.

Jeezo 22nd August 2019 11:23 AM

Waoh , i was literraly about to go echo collection from mcdsp ...nice timing ...

StoneyBCN 22nd August 2019 11:42 AM

Hmmm... Looks like a really solid collection. I use way more delays in a mix than I probably should!

Judging by those robust sidechain features in their compressors, I'm really keen to see what these ones can do under the hood.

Arturia's products just get better and better these days.

ChocolateHawkins 22nd August 2019 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeezo (Post 14162340)
Waoh , i was literraly about to go echo collection from mcdsp ...nice timing ...

I assume you have Valhalla Delay?

Jeezo 22nd August 2019 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins (Post 14162396)
I assume you have Valhalla Delay?

nope , echoboy , echoson , hdelay and waves stuff and built in but this is the only area i still have room for another set , i'm not a heavy delay user but ;)

electro 22nd August 2019 01:58 PM

A very nice selection to complement the excellent Collection V7 Synth package. A proper EHX Memoryman will be useful in front of the Sknote Amps. Audiothing Outerspace currently is the preferred RE-201.

abluesky 22nd August 2019 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeezo (Post 14162397)
nope , echoboy , echoson , hdelay and waves stuff and built in but this is the only area i still have room for another set , i'm not a heavy delay user but ;)

Valhalla Delay is amazing.

Surreal Machines Modnetic is also amazing.

And yeah, Echoboy is still really good too.

But Valhalla Delay is something special.

abluesky 22nd August 2019 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electro (Post 14162507)
A very nice selection to complement the excellent Collection V7 Synth package. A proper EHX Memoryman will be useful in front of the Sknote Amps. Audiothing Outerspace currently is the preferred RE-201.

I prefer Surreal Machines Modnetic to Outerspace.

Deif 22nd August 2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abluesky (Post 14162600)

I haven't gelled with Valhalla Delay yet. As with all Valhalla plugins, I feel there are too many possibilities and it can be a little overwhelming.

b0se 22nd August 2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeezo (Post 14162397)

Valhalla Delay is special dude, you need to try that!

Looking forward to testing these three when they're released. Why is this in the new product thread btw? It's not even released.

Jeezo 22nd August 2019 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0se (Post 14162646)
Valhalla Delay is special dude, you need to try that!

Looking forward to testing these three when they're released. Why is this in the new product thread btw? It's not even released.

I tried it at release ... but didn t woah me that much but i also know that for those type of fx , my mood have a great impact on my perception ....lol

Bwogo 22nd August 2019 04:08 PM

late GSI news show GS-201 Mark II in the works, so Space Echo game is to be upped. again.

Lotuz2019 22nd August 2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwogo (Post 14162196)
another Space Echo ... yawn ...

Indeed not very original.

I'm still hoping for someone to make a VST plugin of a Klemt or Dynacord tube tape delay with some added features to make it truly unique.

cprompt 22nd August 2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwogo (Post 14162702)
late GSI news show GS-201 Mark II in the works, so Space Echo game is to be upped. again.

That's actually good news. I bought the GS-201 many years ago and I remember when Audiothing came out with their Space Echo and the 64 bit version of GS-201 came out like a couple of weeks later! This looks pretty tasty though.

elcct 22nd August 2019 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abluesky (Post 14162600)

Same here, the three delays I mostly use now. Sometimes also Acustica Lemon.

RiverOak 22nd August 2019 06:26 PM

Quote:

another Space Echo ... yawn

Considering that it is supposed to be "3 delays you'll actually use" it would be odd for them not to include one of the most iconic tape delays such as the Roland or Echoplex.

abluesky 22nd August 2019 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lotuz2019 (Post 14162736)
Indeed not very original.

I'm still hoping for someone to make a VST plugin of a Klemt or Dynacord tube tape delay with some added features to make it truly unique.

Dynachord absolutely. Using Past2Futures impulse responses atm.

M Albazy 22nd August 2019 07:13 PM

Interesting

Lotuz2019 22nd August 2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverOak (Post 14162915)
Considering that it is supposed to be "3 delays you'll actually use" it would be odd for them not to include one of the most iconic tape delays such as the Roland or Echoplex.

The Space Echo and Echoplex have been done already and quite well actually, so it's very likely that people who are into vintage delays will already use those plugins.

Idontcare 22nd August 2019 08:05 PM

well i didn't use the 3 compressors they was sure i'd "actually use" so i doubt i'd use these freshflowe.perhaps it's just me but i don't think any of Arturias modelling sounds good at all.synths included.loving my Minibrute2 and Microfreak though rockout

StoneyBCN 22nd August 2019 10:15 PM

Gotta wonder what might be next in this range... 3 guitar amps? I'd be game for that.

RiverOak 22nd August 2019 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneyBCN (Post 14163318)
Gotta wonder what might be next in this range... 3 guitar amps? I'd be game for that.

3 Synths You'll Actually Use

elcct 23rd August 2019 12:12 AM

Quote:

another Space Echo ...

Is there a Space Echo that sounds like a Space Echo though?

There are plugins that will get you in the ballpark eg. Valhalla Delay or Acustica Lemon, but as far as I know there is no Space Echo emulation that will have the vibe of the unit.

abluesky 23rd August 2019 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elcct (Post 14163499)
Is there a Space Echo that sounds like a Space Echo though?

There are plugins that will get you in the ballpark eg. Valhalla Delay or Acustica Lemon, but as far as I know there is no Space Echo emulation that will have the vibe of the unit.

Check out Surreal Machines Modnetic.

jollyr 23rd August 2019 12:28 AM

This got me interested as their plugins typically ticks a lot of boxes for me, but is there really no ducking? Maybe under some advanced settings?Otherwise I’ll probably stick with replica xt which is my current favorite. Valhalla doesn’t have ducking either. I know this can be achieved with side chaining in most DAW:s but I use delay a lot and having it built in saves time and reduces complexity.

elcct 23rd August 2019 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abluesky (Post 14163507)
Check out Surreal Machines Modnetic.

This one is very good and I use it, but I consider it its own thing. It sounds fake and it takes a lot of work to make it usable.