Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Avid Pro Tools (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/avid-pro-tools/)
-   -   Avid Heat to be included in subscription bundle / $200 promotion (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/avid-pro-tools/1276182-avid-heat-included-subscription-bundle-200-promotion.html)

hitsville 20th August 2019 08:47 AM

Avid Heat to be included in subscription bundle / $200 promotion

As you may know over a month ago Pro Tools Expert announced that Heat would now be included in the PT subscriptions, and that the price was going to be lowered to $200 for a promotion.

Anybody else eagerly waiting for those changes to take effect?

BCProject 20th August 2019 07:05 PM

I'm less enthused than I might otherwise be because HEAT can't be used on instrument tracks.
Bummer.

hitsville 22nd August 2019 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCProject (Post 14159600)
I'm less enthused than I might otherwise be because HEAT can't be used on instrument tracks.
Bummer.

why not commiting your instrument tracks to audio when you're done tweaking them?

pentagon 22nd August 2019 10:06 PM

Or just bus the instrument track into an audio track.

DaveNJ 26th August 2019 07:37 PM

Heat is now $199 on avid.com for perpetual users...

Gee 30th August 2019 04:58 PM

Ill take em for sure. Anyone know when we get them?

DaveNJ 30th August 2019 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gee (Post 14175745)
Ill take em for sure. Anyone know when we get them?

Subscription users should show them in their Avid accounts now.

Gee 30th August 2019 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNJ (Post 14175748)
Subscription users should show them in their Avid accounts now.

Thank you sir. Been checking in on my avid account. havent spotted them but I'll keep poking around

PatrickFaith 31st August 2019 04:25 AM

Were is this in the avid account, what does it say exactly? I was searching my ilok and avid account and couldnt find anything with a "heat" in it.

DaveNJ 31st August 2019 04:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickFaith (Post 14176441)
Were is this in the avid account, what does it say exactly? I was searching my ilok and avid account and couldnt find anything with a "heat" in it.

I have a perpetual license and just bought it, but it shows up as an individual purple product section under “My Products”. I would think the subscription folks should see it there, as well.

PatrickFaith 31st August 2019 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNJ (Post 14176456)
I have a perpetual license and just bought it, but it shows up as an individual purple product section under “My Products”. I would think the subscription folks should see it there, as well.

Maybe i just didnt understand what subscription means now, i have a perpetual license with a yearly "maintenance" subscription ... do i have to still buy it at $199?

DaveNJ 31st August 2019 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickFaith (Post 14176491)
Maybe i just didnt understand what subscription means now, i have a perpetual license with a yearly "maintenance" subscription ... do i have to still buy it at $199?

Yup. Only subscriptions get it for free.

BCProject 2nd September 2019 12:25 AM

Annual subscriber: still waiting for HEAT to show up.

mattrixx 3rd September 2019 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCProject (Post 14179185)
Annual subscriber: still waiting for HEAT to show up.

Mmm, I am also waiting to see it in my account. (Another Annual subscriber)

Just a quick update. I got in touch with support and it turns out I have an annual "Perpetual Subscription".
I was not aware, that this doesn't fall into the "Subscription" category. Confusing.
Have been told that if I let my subscription lapse, the software PT Ultimate, will continue to work. (But I have to keep it going, to get updates and support). well, yeah.... I asked if that's the only difference to the Annual Subscription and the response was basically... Yes. (apart from the inclusion of HEAT in the latter).

I'll have to weigh up the pricing between the two and see if I can be bothered changing, or just stick with what I am doing.

Cheers

SonicStrike 9th September 2019 05:11 AM

so if you have a Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual license plus

Pro Tools | Ultimate $399.00 1-Year Software Updates + Support Plan RENEWAL

Then Heat is not included?

I got the Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle....but seems Heat and Aphex Big Bottom are not included

mattrixx 9th September 2019 05:12 AM

Yup, that's exactly it!!

SonicStrike 9th September 2019 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNJ (Post 14176530)
Yup. Only subscriptions get it for free.

what an Avid stupidity..... we bought the Perpetual license plus we pay yearly for updates and maintenance and we do not get the plugins??

SonicStrike 9th September 2019 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattrixx (Post 14180909)
Mmm, I am also waiting to see it in my account. (Another Annual subscriber)

Just a quick update. I got in touch with support and it turns out I have an annual "Perpetual Subscription".
I was not aware, that this doesn't fall into the "Subscription" category. Confusing.
Have been told that if I let my subscription lapse, the software PT Ultimate, will continue to work. (But I have to keep it going, to get updates and support). well, yeah.... I asked if that's the only difference to the Annual Subscription and the response was basically... Yes. (apart from the inclusion of HEAT in the latter).

I'll have to weigh up the pricing between the two and see if I can be bothered changing, or just stick with what I am doing.

Cheers

I think that is way more expensive and you can pay the $200 bucks own Heat and have a change!
Avid is really a very stupid company

Aziak 9th September 2019 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicStrike (Post 14194657)
Avid is really a very stupid company

They are not stupid at all. It's just greedy and incompetent, which is much worse, if you ask me.

Devaluate the perpetual product is on purpose...
They want to sell the subscription model, by making it more "attractive" with the "free" add ons like HEAT. :facepalm:

Best thing to do, is not give any cash to them, vote with your wallet, it is the only thing that can hurt them.

Cheers!

SonicStrike 9th September 2019 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aziak (Post 14194835)
They are not stupid at all. It's just greedy and incompetent, which is much worse, if you ask me.

Devaluate the perpetual product is on purpose...
They want to sell the subscription model, by making it more "attractive" with the "free" add ons like HEAT. :facepalm:

Best thing to do, is not give any cash to them, vote with your wallet, it is the only thing that can hurt them.

Cheers!

You are right,

They create a product...in my case paid for for the perpetual with a huge penalty as I was not active with my annual plan...

So then you pay more, subscribe to the plan every year...

and those idiots full of greed punish you again.

what a piece of S**T company it is...

ollieneedham 15th September 2019 04:14 PM

I have an annual subscription, paid monthly - and still can't see HEAT in my account... Just sent off a support request.

ollieneedham 17th September 2019 03:08 PM

Update: support came back to me saying my account was one of a bunch that didn't automatically receive the HEAT licence. They've manually sent it to my iLok account and all is good.

SonicStrike 27th September 2019 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollieneedham (Post 14207891)
I have an annual subscription, paid monthly - and still can't see HEAT in my account... Just sent off a support request.

do u own a perpetual license or you just pay annualy?

ollieneedham 28th September 2019 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicStrike (Post 14233780)
do u own a perpetual license or you just pay annualy?

I pay monthly, but for a yearly subscription

Geronimos Guitar 29th September 2019 01:07 AM

I have the subscription. Does anyone now where I can find the correct HEAT installer (and which one to use?) Cannot find it. Thanks for help.
p.s. Ahh, ist it possible that it installs itself with PT 2019.06? I still have .05.?

pentagon 29th September 2019 02:00 AM

It installs itself with all 12 or 2018 versions. It just isn't active unless you the ilok license is on your key.

There is no separate installer (it would have installed with .05 too)
(however, I don't know if 2019.5 will allow it to run in regular Pro Tools when it wasn't allowed previously until 2019.6)

Geronimos Guitar 29th September 2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pentagon (Post 14236079)
It installs itself with all 12 or 2018 versions. It just isn't active unless you the ilok license is on your key.

There is no separate installer (it would have installed with .05 too)
(however, I don't know if 2019.5 will allow it to run in regular Pro Tools when it wasn't allowed previously until 2019.6)

Thanks Pentagon, I'll try. Because license is on my iLok.

Geronimos Guitar 29th September 2019 01:35 PM

Ok, had to update to 2019.06 to get HEAT. Works like a charm and from first listening it sounds great. Very interesting. Thanks again for help, Geret