Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Product Alerts older than 2 months (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/)
-   -   Universal Audio Releases UAD Software v9.10 Featuring the 175B & 176 Tube Compressors (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/1274687-universal-audio-releases-uad-software-v9-10-featuring-175b-amp-176-tube-compressors.html)

Universal Audio 6th August 2019 05:52 PM

Universal Audio Releases UAD Software v9.10 Featuring the 175B & 176 Tube Compressors
 
UAD | UA 175B & 176 Tube Compressor Collection

https://media.uaudio.com/[email protected]_1.jpg

UAD | UA 175B & 176 Tube Compressor Collection[/quote]

New UAD-2 Plug-Ins from Universal Audio

UA 175B and 176 Tube Compressor Collection


New Apollo Features

Channel DSP Pairing for bigger plug-in chains on Console inputs
+12dB fader gain for extending mixing range on Console inputs

GrammynOut 6th August 2019 05:59 PM

Pass. I may have purchased 2 UA plugins in the last 4 years.

skid marks 6th August 2019 06:04 PM

I think we've reached a point where companies are running out of things to emulate. I guess they're going to have to start getting more innovative and create things that haven't been done before, including small model variations.

retractablezing 6th August 2019 06:08 PM

I knew it. Now to decide if it's worth checking that instance chart...

CoreRec 6th August 2019 06:18 PM

Two of the most highly requested devices. Now we just need a STA Level.

rhysmix 6th August 2019 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retractablezing (Post 14135288)
I knew it. Now to decide if it's worth checking that instance chart...

22.2% and 34.3% for mono and stereo respectively.

For comparison, the 610-A preamp is 23% and 44.8%. CL 1B MKII is 28.2% and 46.3%

I never jumped on the UAD. I’m hoping somebody will compare these new plugs to some of the fantastic new native compressors coming from small developers, namely the AR-1 from Kush.

OliverV 6th August 2019 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Universal Audio (Post 14135255)
Channel DSP Pairing for bigger plug-in chains on Console inputs

This is particularly good news for me. Thanks.

retractablezing 6th August 2019 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhysmix (Post 14135312)
22.2% and 34.3% for mono and stereo respectively.

I'd seen it ;) it was kind of a joke. The price scared me a tad more than the instance chart, but i'll have to have this one, someday.

Universal Audio 6th August 2019 06:25 PM

Check your UA acct for a $50 coupon.

OliverV 6th August 2019 06:27 PM

If folks are interested, as far as I can work out, these are the additional mics now also included in the basic Sphere set:

Soyuz SU-017
Neumann CMV-563
Sennheiser MKH-416
AKG D-12 (2 versions - A/E)
Sennheiser MD-409 (2 versions)
Sennheiser MD-421 (3 versions)

shakermaker3 6th August 2019 06:35 PM

Quote:

New Apollo Features

Channel DSP Pairing for bigger plug-in chains on Console inputs
+12dB fader gain for extending mixing range on Console inputs
Is there a link for more info on these updates? Does that mean you can double up channels on your console now for 2x the DSP per chan?

Nice release! Can't wait to try out these comps



**In before the usual onslaught of non UAD users moaning about business model/DSP :lol: :lol:

SameOh 6th August 2019 06:42 PM

I like this release. No one could do the 175B and 176 better than UAD.

Do I need this? Is this better than others insanely good compressors released these past months? Probably not, but I'll check it out for sure.

Universal Audio 6th August 2019 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker3 (Post 14135345)
Is there a link for more info on these updates? Does that mean you can double up channels on your console now for 2x the DSP per chan?

Nice release! Can't wait to try out these comps

**In before the usual onslaught of non UAD users moaning about business model/DSP :lol: :lol:

Correct. You can now use up to 2 chips per input and the DSP can be shared "smartly".

https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030068452

shakermaker3 6th August 2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Universal Audio (Post 14135358)
Correct. You can now use up to 2 chips per input and the DSP can be shared "smartly".

https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030068452

That's an awesome update! And kudos to paying attention to whats discussed in some of the diff forums and moving on it, this should make a lot of people quite pleased!

Billy Pilgrim 6th August 2019 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhysmix (Post 14135312)
I’m hoping somebody will compare these new plugs to some of the fantastic new native compressors coming from small developers, namely the AR-1 from Kush.

me, too!

bgood 6th August 2019 08:19 PM

Argh! I’ve been waiting for this baby

Reverb 6th August 2019 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Universal Audio (Post 14135358)
Correct. You can now use up to 2 chips per input and the DSP can be shared "smartly".

https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030068452

That is HUGE news!

Nighthawk77 6th August 2019 09:00 PM

Been waiting for someone to do the UA 175B and who could be better then UAD.

Now I dont have to deal with finding 6 tubes per channel and warming them up for an hour before a session.

A lesser known classic but a true classic none the less.

Great news!

Fuchsia 6th August 2019 09:07 PM

Can't wait to hear these babies. Also curious about how they stack up to comps like Kush's AR-1.

yrplace 6th August 2019 09:30 PM

I have been waiting for these to be issued for a very long time, and my initial tests are extremely positive. In fact I think the plugins maybe more accurate and useful than most of the original hardware units out there since they can be hard to adjust and component aging in my experience has a negative effect on the sound and performance

Universal Audio 6th August 2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yrplace (Post 14135612)
I have been waiting for these to be issued for a very long time, and my initial tests are extremely positive. In fact I think the plugins maybe more accurate and useful than most of the original hardware units out there since they can be hard to adjust and component aging in my experience has a negative effect on the sound and performance

I've been waiting to hear from you on this Mark! :)

Glad it's going well so far!

Melgueil 6th August 2019 10:23 PM

I'm sure this is a great release but ......still waiting for someone (please) to release an R124 emulation. The 124 is not for everyone or every application - but it is certainly unique. When Abbey Road ceased supporting their version I lost a favorite.

UAD ??....if anyone could do it, it would be you guys!

Cdlt

RiverOak 6th August 2019 10:26 PM

I'll pass on this one. I'm sure they sound nice, but so does all my other compressor plugins.

Big thanks for finally giving the Apollo Console some love however! Finally I don't need to use the AUX hack for complex guitar chains. Now if you could only find a way to use the Satellite DSP in Console as well (in AUXes for example) I would be in heaven.

ArcticAudio 6th August 2019 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melgueil (Post 14135707)
I'm sure this is a great release but ......still waiting for someone (please) to release an R124 emulation. The 124 is not for everyone or every application - but it is certainly unique. When Abbey Road ceased supporting their version I lost a favorite.

UAD ??....if anyone could do it, it would be you guys!

Cdlt

I would love to see this too! However, I think Abbey Road and Waves have got a little partnership going with the emulations. It sucks because I feel UAD could do an incredible job!

Also, I love the new channel DSP sharing feature! Gonna come in handy when I’m on the road and have to hit the studio with my MacBook Pro and Apollo Twin MKII kfhkh

bgrotto 6th August 2019 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melgueil (Post 14135707)
I'm sure this is a great release but ......still waiting for someone (please) to release an R124 emulation. The 124 is not for everyone or every application - but it is certainly unique. When Abbey Road ceased supporting their version I lost a favorite.

UAD ??....if anyone could do it, it would be you guys!

Cdlt

fyi the cream bundle from acustica is rather nice...

slammy80 6th August 2019 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhysmix (Post 14135312)

I never jumped on the UAD. I’m hoping somebody will compare these new plugs to some of the fantastic new native compressors coming from small developers, namely the AR-1 from Kush.

I love Kush stuff a lot, but the AR-1 compressor is a completely different type of compressor both in emulation and sound. They shouldn't sound very much alike at all.

daaronhoffman 7th August 2019 12:50 AM

Grabbed it for $124 with all my discounts...excited to run them through the paces. I print to “tape” without the plugins, but it really helps and is fun to track while monitoring through them. I’ll save the channel settings to tweak later correctly.

Love UA for this option and experience!

SuperJV 7th August 2019 01:28 AM

Great!
 
The 175B is just incredible on vocals. Sounds... incredibly authentic

Universal Audio 7th August 2019 01:57 AM

Nice!!

Both are REALLY great. The 175B is dirtier and darker in a beautiful way, whereas the 176 is super hifi and adds sheen.

A few other tidbits, the 175 is fixed at a 12:1 ratio with a moderately hard knee.

The 176 has 4 ratios, from 2:1 to 12:1, with the knee getting harder as you go up.

Limeybean 7th August 2019 01:59 AM

I love that I can track with this
I’m almost finished paying off my
X8p & X16
You keep on doing it UArockout
Good Sonic Times To Live In