Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Music Computers (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/)
-   -   Unable to get Audient id14 working - crackles pops dropouts (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/1272929-unable-get-audient-id14-working-crackles-pops-dropouts.html)

Kekidesu 21st July 2019 08:39 AM

Unable to get Audient id14 working - crackles pops dropouts

Hi,

I'm having issues getting my iD14 to run on my Windows 10 (1903) PC. It might stay on for a few seconds before dropping it. The longest its ever run was for 2-3 minutes but that was filled with crackles. I did a clean windows 10 install yesterday to eliminate anything contributing to the problem.

Things I've tried:
- Install latest drivers for graphics card, chipset, lan and audio interface
- Changing to High Performance and disabling "USB selective suspend setting"
- Turning all power saving options off for my usb ports in device manager
- Defaulting iD14 as main output, ticking off exclusive mode
- Bitrate the same as id mixer
- Tried different usb ports
- Disabled onboard audio output in BIOS

My PC specs are
Windows 10 x64 bit
256gb Samsung SSD
MOBO: MSI B350 Tomahawk
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.20 GHz
Corsair 750
24.0 GB of RAM
GTX 1060

Alndln 22nd July 2019 07:50 PM

Did you run Latency Mon yet? Also what graphics chipset? What is the Audient buffer set to?

Kekidesu 24th July 2019 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alndln (Post 14109422)
Did you run Latency Mon yet? Also what graphics chipset? What is the Audient buffer set to?

I ran latencymon everything runs fine. 0.15 ms for the top 3 processes. I installed the the motherboards chipset. I'm running a gtx 1060. I've set buffer rate at the highest and it still drops out within 5 seconds. Spoken to audient support and I might have to ship it out to them to get it checked out.

Alndln 24th July 2019 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kekidesu (Post 14112169)
I'm running a gtx 1060.

Not the friendliest GPU for audio DPC. Does the board have onboard graphics? If so I would try that. Also disable HDMi audio if you have that. There is a way to install just the bare minimum drivers for the GTX which I heard helps.

Kekidesu 24th July 2019 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alndln (Post 14112204)
Not the friendliest GPU for audio DPC. Does the board have onboard graphics? If so I would try that. Also disable HDMi audio if you have that. There is a way to install just the bare minimum drivers for the GTX which I heard helps.

I've tried running it before with the gpu disabled. Doesn't change anything. I've disabled nvidia audio + realtek.
Yeah, nvcleaninstall or nvidia trimmer. Nvcleaninstall wasn't working properly for me but I assumed if the interface wasn't working without the gpu drivers installed it wouldn't with it installed anyway. I might just send it back for a refund.. Been spending my nights after work trying to get it to work for two weeks!!

Alndln 24th July 2019 08:26 PM

Another possibility is if your plugged into a USB 3 slot and it's based on the Asmedia chipset which AMD uses a lot.