Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Product Alerts older than 2 months (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/)
-   -   ValhallaDelay. Available Today. $50. (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/1261420-valhalladelay-available-today-50-a.html)

seancostello 16th April 2019 05:59 PM

ValhallaDelay. Available Today. $50.

Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun

ValhallaDelay is our take on classic and modern delay and echo units. Tape echo, BBD, old-school digital, pitch shifting - we've got you covered. ValhallaDelay offers the classics, and expands them into new dimensions, with the unique Ratio and Quad delay styles, the Ghost mode (which adds frequency shifting), and a powerful diffusion section that can create anything from smeared echoes to ethereal reverbs.

ValhallaDelay has seven different delay Modes:
  • Tape: Modeled after vintage tape echoes, with all the features and quirks that were loved in the old hardware.
  • HiFi: A higher fidelity tape echo, where the ability to precisely sculpt the sound is in your hands. .
  • BBD: A dark, low fidelity bucket brigade delay model.
  • Digital: A cleaner, higher bandwidth delay, with the ability to dial in digital dirt.
  • Ghost: A Valhalla DSP original! Combines the tape model from the HiFi mode with frequency shifting and a unique diffusion algorithm, for sounds that will split your skull in two.
  • Pitch: A digital delay with added pitch shifting. Perfect for micro-shifting vocals, adding harmonies to synths, creating vast shimmering soundscapes, or shrieking sounds that forever spiral upwards or downwards.
  • RevPitch: Reverse pitch shifting! Everything that goes in, comes out reversed.

Five tape Styles, for controlling the number of delay voices:
  • Single: Same delay length & modulation for left and right channels.
  • Dual: Independent delay lengths for left and right channels.
  • Ratio: The right channel is set to a ratio of the left channel, and the feedback of left and right channels is mixed. Perfect for sounds that slowly transition from delay to reverb-esque.
  • PingPong: A delay that bounces between the left and right channels, with the ability to set the left and right delays independently.
  • Quad: Models the multi-head tape echoes of the 1960s and 1970s, with up to 4 delay taps on tap.

Cool features:
  • Delay lengths ranging from 0 msec to 20 seconds. Dial in choruses and flangers, slapback echoes, longer delays, or long Frippertronic loops.
  • Sync the delay to the beat, with straight/dotted/triplet options. Or, control the length via milliseconds.
  • Age control, for adjusting the artifacts of the delay mode. Clean and shiny, old and dusty, or anywhere in between.
  • Powerful Diffusion section, that can be used to smooth out the attacks of delays, or can be an amazingly smooth and lush reverb in its own right. Up to 20 seconds of diffusion time possible!
  • Era control, for selecting between different variants of the delay modes.

Available NOW!

ValhallaDelay

vibralux 16th April 2019 06:04 PM

I am buying all of Your stuff without even demoing. Guess it will be same this time freshflowe

rafs 16th April 2019 06:13 PM

Is the Ghost mode on the Valhalla like the Ghost in the Empress Reverb?

seancostello 16th April 2019 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rafs (Post 13929210)
Is the Ghost mode on the Valhalla like the Ghost in the Empress Reverb?

I've never heard the Empress Reverb (they are hard to find around here). The Ghost mode is pretty unique, and was named by Don Gunn. Turn up the diffusion, change the Era to Future, and you've got Carol Anne talking through the TV set.

seanandroid 16th April 2019 06:21 PM

Why hello there!! I've been waiting for you :cowbell:

Kodakell 16th April 2019 06:23 PM

Welp. Looks like I’ll be spending 50 dollars today.

Raddler 16th April 2019 06:36 PM

Been looking forward to this!

LonDonsen 16th April 2019 06:38 PM

I love Valhalla! Affordable quality stuff.

Deleted 691ca21 16th April 2019 06:41 PM

Congrats on the release Sean!

Rentzen 16th April 2019 06:43 PM

boingfreshflowe I was sitting THIS VERY MORNING and saying to myself "when the hell is this delay from Valhalla coming"!?!?

...And then BOOOOM cooge:cowbell: Been looking very much forward to this one = thanks in advance!!

Notheorem729 16th April 2019 06:44 PM

FINALLY!!! I am the kind of guy that loves delay but is picky about it. I would rather use a send and my own effects most of the time because many delays just don't have included effects that inspire me. This however, looks promising. UberMod gets a lot of use as a delay over here and I'm betting everything that this will be my new go-to. Now... if I can just get the chance to play with it!

din_mentor 16th April 2019 06:48 PM

Instant buy, damn you!
Hmm, tried installing only the 64 VST3 in the installer, but cant be found by reaper, or when searching my C: ... =) ?
(Windows)

EDIT: found it, for some reason in a x86 folder where no other plugins has installed before =)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steinberg\VST3

seancostello 16th April 2019 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by din_mentor (Post 13929308)
Instant buy, damn you!
Hmm, tried installing only the 64 VST3 in the installer, but cant be found by reaper, or when searching my C: ... =) ?
(Windows)

EDIT: found it, for some reason in a x86 folder where no other plugins has installed before =)

"where no other plugins has installed before"

Appealing as that concept is to me, I can see where that can be annoying. Go ahead and try the 1.0.1v3 installer from your user account - I just uploaded it, where it now installers to the proper 64-bit directory:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST3

bleen 16th April 2019 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by din_mentor (Post 13929308)
Instant buy, damn you!
(Windows)

We're actually fixing this right now...

dubguy99 16th April 2019 07:41 PM

I love the digital mode - been waiting for something that actually sounds like proper vintage delay ITB. Sounds amazing. Out of curiosity - what kind of units did you look at for inspiration for the digital mode? PCM42?

DrAudioBot 16th April 2019 07:46 PM

boing

no-brainer!

cww2 16th April 2019 07:52 PM

AWESOME!!! Instant purchase. Love my Vahalla's - they're all tops....

gollumsluvslave 16th April 2019 07:55 PM

Instabuy! Really lookin forward to this one!

hollohe 16th April 2019 07:59 PM

Windows demo download is OSX package.

Beatworld 16th April 2019 08:17 PM

Congratulations Sean and Don, top shelf Delay.:cowbell:

elambo 16th April 2019 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollohe (Post 13929460)
Windows demo download is OSX package.

They're doing some housekeeping at the moment...

Crims 16th April 2019 08:24 PM

I know i will end up buying this. I just need to convince myself i need another delay. I know it will happen, just trying to convince myself i have some sort of restraint.

elambo 16th April 2019 08:26 PM

I'd convinced myself that I'd never again buy another delay (until Strymon released their Timeline in software form), but it's tough to say no to this one. We could always uninstall one of the others. gooof

musicl 16th April 2019 08:32 PM

I'm buying it because it says Valhalla.
But there is no waveform choice for the modulation! :(

Question for Sean, can you get a Korg SDD sound with this going with this?

digital 1010 16th April 2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seancostello (Post 13929221)
I've never heard the Empress Reverb (they are hard to find around here). The Ghost mode is pretty unique, and was named by Don Gunn. Turn up the diffusion, change the Era to Future, and you've got Carol Anne talking through the TV set.

I’m buying just to hear it go “muuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmy, I can’t hear you muuuuuuuummmmmy”

seancostello 16th April 2019 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicl (Post 13929581)
I'm buying it because it says Valhalla.
But there is no waveform choice for the modulation! :(

Question for Sean, can you get a Korg SDD sound with this going with this?

We didn't have an SDD on hand for the modeling. But Don bought one last week. So we will be checking that out for a future update.

As far as the modulation waveform, try switching between Digital mode (smoothed triangle waveform) and HiFi (random tape modulation waveform).

drBill 16th April 2019 08:50 PM

kfhkhkfhkh

rockoutrockout

Thanks Sean. Looking forward to trying it soon.

johnnynash 16th April 2019 08:56 PM

This is the delay I've been waiting for :lol: kfhkh A no brainer buy!

musicl 16th April 2019 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seancostello (Post 13929641)
We didn't have an SDD on hand for the modeling. But Don bought one last week. So we will be checking that out for a future update.

As far as the modulation waveform, try switching between Digital mode (smoothed triangle waveform) and HiFi (random tape modulation waveform).

Great! Hope to see that update :)

Do any of the modes model a triangle or sine wave?

seancostello 16th April 2019 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicl (Post 13929668)
Great! Hope to see that update :)

Do any of the modes model a triangle or sine wave?

Not really. I use a smooth triangle wave for BBD & Digital modes, which ends up being a sine wave at anything about 1 Hz or so. Since these are smoothed, the depth of the modulation decreases with the mod speed, which ends up giving you a balanced modulation depth at all settings. The Korg SDD has more of the "seasick" modulation, which we didn't model for the initial release.