Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Product Alerts older than 2 months (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/)
-   -   Vertigo Sound released official VSC-3 compressor plugin! (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/1258023-vertigo-sound-released-official-vsc-3-compressor-plugin.html)

b0se 29th March 2019 03:28 PM

Vertigo Sound released official VSC-3 compressor plugin!

THE TRUE EMULATION OF OUR QUAD DISCRETE VCA COMPRESSOR

https://www.vertigosound.com/media/1...plugin-gui.jpg

Quote:

• Discrete VCA compressor based hardware emulation
  • Discrete VCA Distortion Spectrum up to 0,6% THD
  • Smooth and Punchy Sound
  • Soft (Varimu) to Brick 40:1
  • PEAK and RMS detection
  • Large selection of time constants
  • Super fast Metering
  • Low Cut SC Filter with 6 frequency settings
  • Each channel provides Dry/Wet controls

€149. VST3, AU and AAX versions.

Webpage: VSC-3 Plugin

Hardware manual (some usage tips): here.

Plugin manual: here.

I've been waiting for this! Testing time :¬)

P.S. the new Vertigo licensing system is much better now.

Tod Slaughter 29th March 2019 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0se (Post 13893772)
https://www.vertigosound.com/media/1...plugin-gui.jpg

€149

More here: VSC-3 Plugin

I've been waiting for this! Testing time :¬)

Up against your hardware bus comp?

Gee 29th March 2019 03:33 PM

Looks tasty. Scared to demo in case I fall in love :amaze:

ChocolateHawkins 29th March 2019 04:10 PM

I know the VSC-2 was a PA partnership but is there any upgrade deal for existing owners?

b0se 29th March 2019 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tod Slaughter (Post 13893776)
Up against your hardware bus comp?

A/Bing is vs AudioScape SSL as we speak (same settings - typical slow attack/fast release). The VSC-3 is more versatile though so need to delve into it properly.

Initial impressions are very good indeed. Sounds great, low CPU (0.5% in Reaper) and essentially zero latency.

Testing it on vocals and piano once finished with the mixbus.

kj.metissage 29th March 2019 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0se (Post 13893772)
Update: Manual here.

More like here :
https://www.vertigosound.com/media/1...gin_manual.pdf

kfhkh

rojhmusic 29th March 2019 04:33 PM

No examples on the website. :facepalm:

Vertigo Sound 29th March 2019 04:38 PM

Hi All,

Hows everyone enjoying the VSC-3?

b0se 29th March 2019 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rojhmusic (Post 13893880)
No examples on the website. :facepalm:

Download + trial auth only takes a couple of minutes (no registration needed), give it a pop kfhkh

djrustycans 29th March 2019 05:30 PM

I think this plugin sounds really good and it probably goes beyond the situations I've tested it in but as a 2 bus comp on this particular rock(y)track, it seems to sound more open than the 2 mixes I have (level matched) running through 2 SSL style comps. One is hardware and the other is BX Townhouse.

The openness seems to be at the expense of some energy loss though (due to less transient squashing) and the VSC-3 appears to have slightly narrower imaging. I can't decide if it's just less punchy than the SSL style comps or if it just retains the transients better. Will test more but great job all the same!

axembler 29th March 2019 05:36 PM

Can you do plugin vs hardware video comparison like Slate did with Distressor?
If you can I'm buying immediately kfhkh

Kodakell 29th March 2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins (Post 13893832)
I know the VSC-2 was a PA partnership but is there any upgrade deal for existing owners?

Updrade would be nice but I doubt it. Seems like they’re branching off from PA?

SameOh 29th March 2019 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodakell (Post 13894017)
Updrade would be nice but I doubt it. Seems like they’re branching off from PA?

Yeah, but as an owner of the VSC-2 I don't feel like buying this one unless there is a good upgrade path.

Boxtone 29th March 2019 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djrustycans (Post 13893998)
I think this plugin sounds really good and it probably goes beyond the situations I've tested it in but as a 2 bus comp on this particular rock(y)track, it seems to sound more open than the 2 mixes I have (level matched) running through 2 SSL style comps. One is hardware and the other is BX Townhouse.

The openness seems to be at the expense of some energy loss though (due to less transient squashing) and the VSC-3 appears to have slightly narrower imaging. I can't decide if it's just less punchy than the SSL style comps or if it just retains the transients better. Will test more but great job all the same!

try it in dual-mono (unlinked). wider image.

djrustycans 29th March 2019 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxtone (Post 13894052)
try it in dual-mono (unlinked). wider image.

Did try that, thanks. It did throw the balance off a touch unlike the others but will have another blast tomorrow. On another note, this seems to retain low end better than most of the alternatives even without the filter which is a huge plus.

Kodakell 29th March 2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SameOh (Post 13894044)
Yeah, but as an owner of the VSC-2 I don't feel like buying this one unless there is a good upgrade path.

I’m in the same exact boat as you. I own VSC-2 and the last thing I want to do is pay full price just for an upgrade. I’m sure it sounds great but I just can’t.

Ral9005 29th March 2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodakell (Post 13894122)
I’m in the same exact boat as you. I own VSC-2 and the last thing I want to do is pay full price just for an upgrade. I’m sure it sounds great but I just can’t.

So you guys have to say bye, bye to the vsc3 for sure. It's not PA anymore.

Edit: Btw: have you even tested it guys...!? How you like it? Or do you just want to collect everything you can get?

SameOh 29th March 2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ral9005 (Post 13894178)
So you guys have to say bye, bye to the vsc3 for sure. It's not PA anymore.

Edit: Btw: have you even tested it guys...!? How you like it? Or do you just want to collect everything you can get?

I don't know why the attitude, but, look, there is no real difference between the VSC-3 and the VSC-2 in the hardware realm, and I'm pretty satisfied with the VSC-2 emulation by PA. So, I don't know how this 2 plugins can be that different.

Anyway, if I have to say "bye, bye" to this, I'm fine with it.

Vertigo Sound 29th March 2019 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SameOh (Post 13894196)
I don't know why the attitude, but, look, there is no real difference between the VSC-3 and the VSC-2 in the hardware realm, and I'm pretty satisfied with the VSC-2 emulation by PA. So, I don't know how this 2 plugins can be that different.

Anyway, if I have to say "bye, bye" to this, I'm fine with it.

The Vsc3 is a different hardware and the programming is not based on the Vsc2 code.
If you are happy with your VSC2 plugin just stick
with it and don’t ask for an “upgrade discount “
The Vsc3 plugin is not an upgrade of the PA VSC2 software.
I hope this explanation makes sense.

Vortifex 29th March 2019 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertigo Sound (Post 13893894)
Hi All,

Hows everyone enjoying the VSC-3?

Sorry for the off-topic question but is there any chance of you updating the GUI on your VSM-3? It's really small and desperately needs a resizing option.

Vertigo Sound 29th March 2019 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vortifex (Post 13894250)
Sorry for the off-topic question but is there any chance of you updating the GUI on your VSM-3? It's really small and desperately needs a resizing option.

Please contact PA to check if those guys are willing to do such an update. It’s out of my hands. Sorry

SameOh 29th March 2019 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertigo Sound (Post 13894232)
The Vsc3 is a different hardware and the programming is not based on the Vsc2 code.

That makes perfect sense. And thanks for being clear on what we can expect.

I'm a big fan of the VSC-2 compressor. Like I said, having the PA plugin I doubt this will add much to my tool box, but for anyone that doesn't have it, I can highly recommend trying this new Vertigo version.

Kodakell 29th March 2019 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertigo Sound (Post 13894232)

I understand this. But I do also wish there could be an introductory price or something. There’s so many plugins that I want on sale right now with an introductory price and it’s driving me crazy. So in that sense it’s kinda nice since I’m not as tempted to buy everything right now. Might get this vsc3 at some point in the future but for now I guess the vsc2 will do. Would love to demo it but I just don’t want to tempt myself even more.:lol:

Ral9005 29th March 2019 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodakell (Post 13894271)
I understand this. But I do also wish there could be an introductory price or something. There’s so many plugins that I want on sale right now with an introductory price and it’s driving me crazy. So in that sense it’s kinda nice since I’m not as tempted to buy everything right now. Might get this vsc3 at some point in the future but for now I guess the vsc2 will do. Would love to demo it but I just don’t want to tempt myself even more.:lol:

I read in another forum that 149,- is the introprice and the regular price is 289,-.

Vertigo Sound 29th March 2019 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ral9005 (Post 13894303)
I read in another forum that 149,- is the introprice and the regular price is 289,-.

That’s correct.

Kodakell 29th March 2019 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ral9005 (Post 13894303)

Oh, ok. It didn’t say anything about that on their website so I assumed 149 was the standard price. But sheesh 289? That’s gonna be tough to justify. Yikes. Guess I might need to demo now and think more seriously about this then since I’m surely not willing to spend that 289 on it.

Kodakell 29th March 2019 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0se (Post 13893838)
A/Bing is vs AudioScape SSL as we speak (same settings - typical slow attack/fast release). The VSC-3 is more versatile though so need to delve into it properly.

Initial impressions are very good indeed. Sounds great, low CPU (0.5% in Reaper) and essentially zero latency.

Testing it on vocals and piano once finished with the mixbus.

Would love to know how it sounds on vocals. Looking forward to hearing your opinion on the results.

Deleted 9145577 29th March 2019 08:47 PM

$289 :lol:

Vertigo Sound 29th March 2019 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deleted 9145577 (Post 13894356)

What’s the normal price of the PA stuff again?

Vertigo Sound 29th March 2019 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deleted 9145577 (Post 13894356)

Buy something in your price and quality range