Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Steinberg Cubase + Nuendo (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/steinberg-cubase-nuendo/)
-   -   Cubes ten freezes after inserting ANY Softube plugin (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/steinberg-cubase-nuendo/1257744-cubes-ten-freezes-after-inserting-any-softube-plugin.html)

ilan 27th March 2019 06:46 PM

Cubes ten freezes after inserting ANY Softube plugin

The title says It all....
after inserting the plugin, Cubase pro 10 keeps running but you can't click anywhere. Only solution is to force quit.
anyone experiencing this?

ilan 27th March 2019 06:47 PM

Same goes for vst 2&3

DeadPoet 27th March 2019 06:56 PM

not on my machine. Softube Tape & TSAR VST3 on a Win10 PC running latest CP10

Herwig

SpicyPonyHead 27th March 2019 11:15 PM

Update to the latest plugin versions from Softube - I had issues with Cubase poof crashing with their plugs, haven't had a single problem since making sure everything was updated.

ilan 28th March 2019 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpicyPonyHead (Post 13890627)
Update to the latest plugin versions from Softube - I had issues with Cubase poof crashing with their plugs, haven't had a single problem since making sure everything was updated.

Thank you.
but everything on this machine is up to date. The machine was offline for a while, so I updated everything in one go.

If I use on board graphics (4k @only 30 Hz) there's no problem.
as soon as I plug the screen to the PNY Quadro P 400 (4k @ 60 Hz) the problem is there again.

Took me quite a while to narrow it down to that.

Any suggestions?

ilan 19th April 2019 11:39 AM

So I've replaced the gpu for a gtx 1660 Ti.

The problem stays unfortunately...

I've tried studio one 3 - same problem.

The workaround with inserting soundtoys plug ins won't help also.

I'm getting a bit frustrated now.

Maybe someone can give some advice.
maybe it's a problem with Softube and Nvidia gpu's...
but I'm getting tired of buying and sending stuff back.

Please help if you can.

Cheers :facepalm:

folkfreak 19th April 2019 01:04 PM

did you already disable opengl in the plugin settings ?

ilan 19th April 2019 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by folkfreak (Post 13934888)
did you already disable opengl in the plugin settings ?

I've edited a text file as been told by there support... That should have disabled it globally (all Softube plugins) but thanks for that, I'll try that inside the plugins tomorrow. Who knows...?

bace 20th April 2019 09:15 AM

I reported this in January in their Customer Support. Back and forth maybe 10 times. They dont have any clue and seems to hope that problem will go away by it self.
Now they dont even respond to my email's. Good to know that Im not alone, but it is worring that have not fixed this then. They used to be responsive and have very good technical know how, but they are only and handful of people, is a single key person leaving they are lost.

SF_Green 21st April 2019 07:09 AM

I only have the saturation knob and don't have an issue. Sorry.

I ran into something similar with a couple plugs (forget which ones, possibly Melda) and it turned out that I was trying to use the VST2 version when there was a VST3. Went to plugin manager and hid the VST2's to make sure I was using the VST3 and the issue disappeared.

bace 21st April 2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SF_Green (Post 13937923)
I only have the saturation knob and don't have an issue. Sorry.
I ran into something similar with a couple plugs (forget which ones, possibly Melda) and it turned out that I was trying to use the VST2 version when there was a VST3. Went to plugin manager and hid the VST2's to make sure I was using the VST3 and the issue disappeared.

What version number are you using? Is it on OSX or MSWindows?

bace 21st April 2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilan (Post 13890118)
The title says It all....
after inserting the plugin, Cubase pro 10 keeps running but you can't click anywhere. Only solution is to force quit.
anyone experiencing this?

Can you switch to generic editor? (It is in the top right corner and is a pull down menu)
Can you edit the parameters there? I got both 2&3 versions to respond after a switch to "generic editor" and back. But a left mouse event get the GUI to be unresponsive. I think they got some method overlay for findParameter that is malfunction, possible it is their integration of NI NKS that have caused this problem. If this is correct it should work with 2.4.51 versions.

BT64 21st April 2019 12:17 PM

Perhaps this will interest you.
Softube, Kush and few other plugins still don't work after the update (Windows 10) - www.steinberg.net

Aetherphone77 21st April 2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadPoet (Post 13890140)
not on my machine. Softube Tape & TSAR VST3 on a Win10 PC running latest CP10

Herwig

Also not here.

ilan 21st April 2019 03:46 PM

From what I've read.in different places the common denominator is that everybody experiencing this is using an Nvidia gpu....

That soundtoys plugin trick Does not work for me.

If I open an old project with lies of plugins including Softube it runs perfectly fine as long as I don't open the gui!

bace 21st April 2019 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilan (Post 13938392)
From what I've read.in different places the common denominator is that everybody experiencing this is using an Nvidia gpu....

That soundtoys plugin trick Does not work for me.

If I open an old project with lies of plugins including Softube it runs perfectly fine as long as I don't open the gui!

As that you can not open the menu or the switch fail, or generic editor can't change parameters, or the problem is back when you are back on the plugin editor?

ilan 21st April 2019 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bace (Post 13938486)
As that you can not open the menu or the switch fail, or generic editor can't change parameters, or the problem is back when you are back on the plugin editor?

As soon as I open the regular editor the whole daw gui freezes.

bace 21st April 2019 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilan (Post 13938495)
As soon as I open the regular editor the whole daw gui freezes.

:-(

Have you tried to start the cubase.exe from a cmd? On OSX you some times get some critical error messages there. I have not tried that on windows but I think it should work.

ilan 21st April 2019 07:04 PM

It's not Cubase related. The exact same thing happens in studio one 3

SF_Green 22nd April 2019 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bace (Post 13938147)
What version number are you using? Is it on OSX or MSWindows?

Cubase Pro 10.0.20 on Win 10 x64 1809. See my sig for other details.

bace 22nd April 2019 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilan (Post 13938641)
It's not Cubase related. The exact same thing happens in studio one 3

THen it seems to be OS/Drivers/Hardware that is malfunction.

ilan 27th April 2019 03:56 PM

Sooooooo,

the problem seems to be 4k related.
in FULL HD it's working fine....

SpicyPonyHead 27th April 2019 05:19 PM

Then it seems highly likely that it's something to do with your hardware.

It might be Windows-related, but I'm running Cubase Pro 10.0.20 on Win 10 (latest updates) at 4k on an Nvidia 1080 (4k main display, 1440 secondary), and have no issues with Softube (or any other) plugs.

Have you made sure absolutely everything is up to date on your machine, including the BIOS - have you checked your mobo manufacturers site for updates?

If you're 100% sure all your system drivers are fine, then try fully uninstalling the graphics driver and doing a clean install (not just an update).

This is a bit of an out-there, grasping-at-straws idea, but is there any chance that the pci-e slot you've plugged the card into isn't running at x16 speed? Some mobos begin to restrict certain buss speeds if you're using particular combinations of hardware - eg if you're using 2 nvme drives both at x4, you might lose the use of a couple of SATA ports, etc.

With that in mind, have you tried moving the card to a different pci-e x16 slot (and double-checked in the BIOS that the slot is running at full speed)?

I know no-one likes to have to do it, but if you've exhausted all other options, a clean Windows install might have to happen...

diamondjim 20th May 2019 10:50 PM

After installing the Cubase update from 9.5 to 10.0.20, one of my projects would not load. I tracked it down to the Softube TSAR-1R reverb plug. Removed that and it loaded. So I contacted Softtube and they told me to download the latest version and reinstall. That worked!

May apply to other Softtube plugs as well. I only use the reverb right now.

bace 21st May 2019 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamondjim (Post 13993563)
After installing the Cubase update from 9.5 to 10.0.20, one of my projects would not load. I tracked it down to the Softube TSAR-1R reverb plug. Removed that and it loaded. So I contacted Softtube and they told me to download the latest version and reinstall. That worked!

May apply to other Softtube plugs as well. I only use the reverb right now.

What version are they a now? The problem for me is not it does not load, it load and it process sound. But the qui hangs and the AI/QC are not working.

Benj 29th May 2019 03:43 AM

I had the same issue. Win 10 build 1709, Cubase 10.0.20 (and previous versions), but not using 4K and also have a Radeon video card. Disabling the OpenGL in each plugin setting seems to get things back to normal. I have a number of Softube plugins and they all seemed affected. Was not having this issue in Pro Tools, Reaper, Sonar or Live.

ilan 30th May 2019 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benj (Post 14007955)
I had the same issue. Win 10 build 1709, Cubase 10.0.20 (and previous versions), but not using 4K and also have a Radeon video card. Disabling the OpenGL in each plugin setting seems to get things back to normal. I have a number of Softube plugins and they all seemed affected. Was not having this issue in Pro Tools, Reaper, Sonar or Live.

Worked for me... Sometimes the bug still reappears, but most of the time it's OK.

bace 31st May 2019 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilan (Post 14010146)
Worked for me... Sometimes the bug still reappears, but most of the time it's OK.

It does not solve the issues on osx. Im feeling quite embarrassed to have recommend Softube to friends.

GP_Hawk 15th June 2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bace (Post 14011866)
It does not solve the issues on osx. Im feeling quite embarrassed to have recommend Softube to friends.

I ended up uninstalling. I done with softube.