Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Product Alerts older than 2 months (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/)
-   -   Native Instruments introduces NOIRE (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/1257460-native-instruments-introduces-noire.html)

The Press Desk 25th March 2019 05:20 PM

Native Instruments introduces NOIRE

1 Attachment(s)

Native Instruments introduces NOIRE

New KONTAKT instrument offers the distinctive concert grand piano sound of composer and pianist Nils Frahm with extensive options for creative customization

Native Instruments today introduced NOIRE, a new KONTAKT instrument that captures the signature grand piano sound of composer and pianist Nils Frahm. The instrument – which includes both pure and felt preparation versions of a Yamaha CFX 9’ concert grand – was meticulously sampled in the rich ambient environment of Saal 3 in Berlin’s Funkhaus recording complex. The result is a unique, intense, and evocative instrument, with an atmosphere all of its own. NOIRE runs in KONTAKT 6 and the free KONTAKT 6 PLAYER, and is available now at the NI Online Shop for $149.

Two distinct sample sets – pure and felt

NOIRE offers new sonic inspiration for solo compositions, scoring, and more, with two distinct grand piano sample sets. The pure version presents the clear, unadulterated tone of Nils Frahm’s handpicked and custom-intonated concert grand piano, captured in a renowned recording studio. The felt version is the same piano, in the same room, but with a felt moderator between hammers and strings, which creates a gentle tone with reduced attack. Users can sculpt the sound of both versions by adjusting attack, release, resonance, overtones, velocity curve, temperament, and more.

Extensive creative customization options

NOIRE provides a wide array of creative options so users can make the sound their own. Users can add natural and mechanical noises to enhance realism, dial in sub bass, alter the spectral character of the instrument, and choose from sound design effects to completely transform the instrument’s sound. NOIRE also offers EQ, compression, reverb, and delay for fine-tuning the piano’s place in the mix.

To help spark new creative ideas, NOIRE incorporates an innovative particles engine that automatically generates clouds of pulsating, swirling harmonic elements based on what users play. This engine instantly adds motion to parts and pushes players to explore new possibilities.

Sampled by Uli Baronowsky and Galaxy Instruments

To create NOIRE, Nils Frahm’s personally selected concert grand piano was methodically sampled by Uli Baronowsky and Galaxy Instruments. Using vintage microphones and preamps, the team captured the full dynamic and tonal range of the instrument in Saal 3 of Berlin’s Funkhaus Nalepastrasse recording complex – once the home of East German state radio. In collaboration with Native Instruments, Uli and Galaxy Instruments have previously released UNA CORDA, THRILL, THE DEFINITIVE PIANO COLLECTION, RISE & HIT, and THE GIANT.

Pricing and availability

NOIRE runs in KONTAKT 6 and the free KONTAKT 6 PLAYER and is available now at the NI Online Shop for USD 149 / 149 € / ¥ 18800 / GBP 129 / AUD 219 / CAD 199

For more information: Komplete : Keys : Noire | Products

Lemmi 25th March 2019 05:22 PM

NOIRE – Another grand piano… but a great and inspiring one!

Hey guys,

almost two years have passed and we have some exciting news: NOIRE is our latest collaboration with Native Instruments. Yes, it is another grand piano... But it’s a special one with lots of tricks up its sleeve (Pure and Felt version, Particles Engine, Tonal Shift, Sub mic, etc.). Take a peek at the walkthrough and listen to NOIRE:

More info can be found here: Komplete : Keys : Noire | Products

And as always, feel free to ask questions and let us know what you think.

Cheers,
Stephan

Sonic_Beast 25th March 2019 08:12 PM

Really nice sounding pianos. Love it!

p.s For a second there, I thought Hans Zimmer was doing voice over on this demo :-).

kj.metissage 25th March 2019 08:25 PM

Great release !

Let's hope that a FAZIOLI is next ! kfhkh

qutobol 25th March 2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemmi (Post 13885898)
Hey guys,

almost two years have passed and we have some exciting news: NOIRE is our latest collaboration with Native Instruments. Yes, it is another grand piano... But it’s a special one with lots of tricks up its sleeve (Pure and Felt version, Particles Engine, Tonal Shift, Sub mic, etc.). Take a peek at the walkthrough and listen to NOIRE:

More info can be found here: Komplete : Keys : Noire | Products

And as always, feel free to ask questions and let us know what you think.

Cheers,
Stephan
facebook.com/galaxyinstruments

I hope you guys consider a special offering both this and Una Corda bundled for a discounted price!

Pali 26th March 2019 03:16 AM

Does this thing support Una Corda (left pedal)?

feck 26th March 2019 09:08 AM

Damn that’s nice. Great work.

kelvyn 26th March 2019 09:47 AM

Beautiful sounding piano and the extra feature is a brilliant addition.
The demo music is also fantastic.

keepitsimple 26th March 2019 09:51 AM

Fastest piano library purchase i've ever made. Let's hope it lives up to my expectations. There's no reason why it shouldn't, as it sounds fantastic.

Still downloading....

thehightenor 26th March 2019 10:10 AM

It sounds fantastic - I'm adding it to my wish list, I have Ivory, Piano in Blue, Alecia's keys and Keyscape but this offers something different in a great way.

Plus, that presenters voice on the video!

I feel like lying back on a sofa and discussing my childhood, addiction to gear and Anne-Marie who broke my heart when I was 17.

kelvyn 26th March 2019 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keepitsimple (Post 13887388)
Fastest piano library purchase i've ever made. Let's hope it lives up to my expectations. There's no reason why it shouldn't, as it sounds fantastic.

Still downloading....

Me too! This really seems to be something special.
But I'm still waiting for a download confirmation email... Damn!!!

afa 26th March 2019 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvyn (Post 13887739)
Me too! This really seems to be something special.
But I'm still waiting for a download confirmation email... Damn!!!

From a positive point of view, at least you are not waiting for komplete 13! :)

Pali 26th March 2019 04:33 PM

Anyone knows if Noire supports Piano Left Pedal (Una Corda)?

Deleted b9e227a 26th March 2019 05:31 PM

Not buying now but I know what my NI Thanksgiving sale purchase will be :)

In The Mix 26th March 2019 09:48 PM

I've been playing around with it a little and it's simply awesome! You can come up with so many different sounds using just this one library. Anything from traditional piano playing to sound design...it's really cool. Here are 2 short demos that I recorded for the Pure Grand and Particles category:

Lemmi 27th March 2019 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pali (Post 13887081)
Does this thing support Una Corda (left pedal)?

Hello Pali,

we did not do a sample run with una corda pedal.

Cheers,
Stephan

Lemmi 27th March 2019 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In The Mix (Post 13888500)
I've been playing around with it a little and it's simply awesome! You can come up with so many different sounds using just this one library. Anything from traditional piano playing to sound design...it's really cool. Here are 2 short demos that I recorded for the Pure Grand and Particles category:

Hello In The Mix,

thank you for doing this! We are glad that you like NOIRE. Did you also play the Felt version (and did you like it)?

Cheers,
Stephan

keepitsimple 28th March 2019 01:04 AM

Pali 28th March 2019 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemmi (Post 13890375)
Hello Pali,

we did not do a sample run with una corda pedal.

Cheers,
Stephan

The only thing missing for me.
Thanks for the answer!

In The Mix 28th March 2019 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemmi (Post 13890382)
Hello In The Mix,

thank you for doing this! We are glad that you like NOIRE. Did you also play the Felt version (and did you like it)?

Cheers,
Stephan

You're very welcome Stephan. I have played it and it's just lovely. It covers both conventional/traditional and experimental territory. It does take me places! I will definitely share a musical experience for the Felt presets as well.

bluesmonk 28th March 2019 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keepitsimple (Post 13890798)

So this just sold me on it, although the playing itself is so compelling that it could be half of the appeal.

That said, the piano in this particular performance sounds more like a real acoustic piano than any other piano sample instrument I think I’ve heard.

Is this just an improv with one of the out of the box sound presets? Any special EQ or mastering done?

Thanks!

keepitsimple 28th March 2019 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluesmonk (Post 13891009)
So this just sold me on it, although the playing itself is so compelling that it could be half of the appeal.

That said, the piano in this particular performance sounds more like a real acoustic piano than any other piano sample instrument I think I’ve heard.

Is this just an improv with one of the out of the box sound presets? Any special EQ or mastering done?

Thanks!

Thank you for the feedback. Yes it’s just a preset out of the box with ozone maximizer on the master buss. It’s a gorgeous piano and very realistic yes. The presets are also very well done, typical of NI, as they basically need none to minimal tweaking.

kelvyn 28th March 2019 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keepitsimple (Post 13890798)

Ooh! That’s a really beautiful piece. If I hadn’t already purchased Noire on first hearing this would have convinced me to buy.

Deleted b9e227a 28th March 2019 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keepitsimple (Post 13891158)
Thank you for the feedback. Yes it’s just a preset out of the box with ozone maximizer on the master buss. It’s a gorgeous piano and very realistic yes. The presets are also very well done, typical of NI, as they basically need none to minimal tweaking.

Beautiful playing. Do you own their other pianos like Grandeur? Would love to hear this on that piano ;)

keepitsimple 28th March 2019 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deleted b9e227a (Post 13891652)
Beautiful playing. Do you own their other pianos like Grandeur? Would love to hear this on that piano ;)

Thank You. I don't unfortunately no. But i have Ivory ACD, Garritan CFX, VSL CFX and Ravenscroft.

If you insist, feel free to send me a pm about this so we don't turn this thread into a shootout thread :)

Deleted b9e227a 28th March 2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keepitsimple (Post 13891670)
Thank You. I don't unfortunately no. But i have Ivory ACD, Garritan CFX, VSL CFX and Ravenscroft.

If you insist, feel free to send me a pm about this so we don't turn this thread into a shootout thread :)

Nah, I aksed because I own 4 NI pianos and love them all, Grandeur the most ;) And I can't play like you can ;)

keepitsimple 28th March 2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deleted b9e227a (Post 13891676)
Nah, I aksed because I own 4 NI pianos and love them all, Grandeur the most ;) And I can't play like you can ;)

Well Thank you very much for the compliment ..... I can tell you though that this piano is a tweaking paradise. There's not one single aspect in it that you can't tweak. It can sound clean and pensive or deep and full of mechanical noises ala Keyscape for example (which i own as well).

Deleted b9e227a 28th March 2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keepitsimple (Post 13891684)
Well Thank you very much for the compliment ..... I can tell you though that this piano is a tweaking paradise. There's not one single aspect in it that you can't tweak. It can sound clean and pensive or deep and full of mechanical noises ala Keyscape for example (which i own as well).

Yes very similar (no surprise) to Una Corda which is also a beautiful sampled piano. Huge Nils Frahm fan so planning on getting this one when its on sale later in the year.

cane creek 28th March 2019 08:04 PM

I was just about to buy it then realised I only have Kontakt 5, I don’t want to install kontakt player.
Think I’ll be one of those waiting for Komplete 13 (currently own Komplete 11)
Beautiful piano.

Deleted b9e227a 28th March 2019 08:23 PM

For 3 days...Piano Day 2019. of course the new one isnt on sale ;)