Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   So Many Guitars, So Little Time (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-many-guitars-so-little-time/)
-   -   Which Looper To Buy??!! (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-many-guitars-so-little-time/1257199-looper-buy.html)

Moglo527 23rd March 2019 05:47 AM

Which Looper To Buy??!!

So far the Pigtronix Infinity, EHX 95000, and Boomerang iii are at a head in battle tonight. With so much information learned I still can't make a decision on which one to get. Can any body help narrow the selection down? Thanks.

Synth Guru 23rd March 2019 04:59 PM

I own the Pigtronix Infinity. I'm not familiar with the other two brands you have mentioned.

The Infinity is awesome! kfhkh Well constructed and great support from the manufacturer. It comes with a ton of algorythms and each is customizable to your taste. There's a lot you can do with this looper and I highly recommend it.

Oh yeah, if you search Youtube, you can hear the Infinity in action.rockout

kslight 23rd March 2019 08:31 PM

I own the infinity and it’s pretty cool. Honestly if they made one that was bigger and more controls (no secret hidden functions) I would repurchase it. As is it is still the best I’ve tried, but I feel like it is too advanced for its own good.

For reference I also owned a boss rc300, which i traded for the pigtronix.

Mystic38 25th March 2019 02:27 PM

another happy infinity owner.. only irritation is that you really need the extra switches.. so a +1 to bigger with a few more knobs and more switches but everything can be controlled by midi CC so there's that.

Chevron 28th March 2019 11:57 AM

Man you guys are taking looping to another level with these units.

I have a TC Electronic Ditto X2 that I am very happy with and has features I don't use, what am I missing with these beasts?

Zoobiedood 28th March 2019 01:34 PM

What I need in a looper is the ability for at least 3 things: variable feedback in any mode (recording or overdub), and what is called 'insert': take a non-rhythmic loop, of say, 14.3 seconds, and set new start and stop points within that- 'punching out' a rhythm of a longer loop. I also use Multiply, which can take a 2 bar phrase and you can record a 6 bar phrase over the top.

beerphart bob 28th March 2019 01:38 PM

What I like about Boss RC505 is five stereo tracks that can be asynchronous, 3 hrs stereo recording time, can import/export via USB, midi controllable, and can serve as an audio interface. I cannot have it (the new version) for three more weeks. I have read the EHX 95000 manual and for my uses it runs a close second.

jo.Jo 5th August 2020 07:47 AM

Loopstation is Awesome!

Hey, new slut here and had a question, but like any new slut i didnt know where to put it lol. So i just purchased a new Loopstation from Sweetwater. When i was checking through the system options, i came accross the amount of recording time i get on this machine. My question is... My Loopstation is telling me that i have 6 hours of recording time. Just wondering if anyone else can see the same thing in their Loopstation.

So, would that just mean that when recording, i would have 6 hours of mono and 3 stereo? Anyway... Just confused. I do thank and appreciate each and everyone of you that belong to the music family.