Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   New Products - Coming soon (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-products-coming-soon/)
-   -   Stam Audio Mono SA-V76, Dual SA-V72, 500 series SA-V72-5 (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-products-coming-soon/1256576-stam-audio-mono-sa-v76-dual-sa-v72-500-series-sa-v72-5-a.html)

TEMAS 19th March 2019 11:02 AM

Stam Audio Mono SA-V76, Dual SA-V72, 500 series SA-V72-5

Stam Audio
Mono V76 Preamp

Stam Audio
Dual V72 Preamp

Stam Audio
Mono V72 500 Series Preamp

Matt Allison 19th March 2019 06:54 PM

Rotflmao

BadYodeler 19th March 2019 08:53 PM

From Stam Audio:

FIRST BATCH: MAY 2019

Anybody taking the under here? C'mon, I'm laying 10:1 :heh:

TEMAS 19th March 2019 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadYodeler (Post 13875460)
C'mon, I'm laying 10:1 :heh:

No chance at those odds.

basic 19th March 2019 10:05 PM

[QUOTE=BadYodeler;13875460]From Stam Audio:

Haha!

Danielbest1 20th March 2019 07:32 AM

Preordered the V76 ;)

Progmatic-Studios 20th March 2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadYodeler (Post 13875460)
From Stam Audio:

Anybody taking the under here? C'mon, I'm laying 10:1 :heh:

Yeah right lol

Matt Allison 20th March 2019 10:48 PM

Quote:

https://media.giphy.com/media/I5xVnGJRHZZf2/giphy.gif

basic 20th March 2019 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Progmatic-Studios (Post 13877577)
Yeah right lol

:lol:

basic 20th March 2019 11:05 PM

Oh yeah, getting all the circuit boards made and shipped from China, testing 100s of tubes, populating all the circuits, doing quality control and testing, putting together all the packages, shipping them all over the world from Chile, sleeping eating in between, and not to mention building the 100s of other units that Stam are more than a year behind on and getting them out first...
Sounds like they'll be ready any day now!...holding my breath for sure!! :facepalm:

McWreckinBall 21st March 2019 05:09 PM

I've got about 2 grand tied up in these pre-orders, most of it for well over a year now. Thinking very seriously about asking for it back.

maldenfilms 21st March 2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McWreckinBall (Post 13879030)
I've got about 2 grand tied up in these pre-orders, most of it for well over a year now. Thinking very seriously about asking for it back.

Yeah, I’m in the same boat and unfortunately getting close to that point myself too...

Tansao 21st March 2019 06:37 PM

I was literally about to order about 3 items from their site and one of these new pre orders before I came on Gearslutz and read all the horror stories. Now I'll spend my money on companies that at least can be honest about when they are gonna get something delivered to you.

basic 21st March 2019 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tansao (Post 13879229)
I was literally about to order about 3 items from their site and one of these new pre orders before I came on Gearslutz and read all the horror stories. Now I'll spend my money on companies that at least can be honest about when they are gonna get something delivered to you.

Seriously. Like, Stam needs to learn to under promise and over deliver. Tell us these pres will be ready in November and when they come in September we'll all be stoked. Like, there's literally zero chance these are coming in May so why does Josh feel the need to come on here and lie all the time. It's weird.

swafford 25th March 2019 11:01 AM

Why do these Stam threads get posted in the "New Product Alert" forum since they really aren't actual products?

Catalin 25th March 2019 12:35 PM

I was thinking to order from them but after reading about all these neverending delays i changed my mind.

rafs 25th March 2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swafford (Post 13885300)
Why do these Stam threads get posted in the "New Product Alert" forum since they really aren't actual products?

Last time I said that I got flamed hard... These belong in the Coming Soon forum until they ship.

the fxs 25th March 2019 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swafford (Post 13885300)

agreed

dewaldian 25th March 2019 05:18 PM

Stam seems like a Ponzi scheme... using money from preorders to fund delivery of existing orders...

Tansao 25th March 2019 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewaldian (Post 13885893)
Stam seems like a Ponzi scheme... using money from preorders to fund delivery of existing orders...

As someone who was about to purchase from them, I thought this exact thing and couldn't have said it better myself. haha

basic 26th March 2019 02:17 AM

Quote:

Which is exactly how it feels when you're a customer. It's so frustrating to be told a product will ship in two months and a year later they've released 12 new products that were also supposedly two months away yet they never bothered to make the one you ordered.

TEMAS 26th March 2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Ponzi scheme... using money from preorders to fund delivery of existing orders...

I don’t know how different that is to many business operations, I mean all pensions are Ponzi schemes. Aren’t kick starter projects doing the same? And maybe taking out loans of several hundreds of thousands is not as easy, cheap and risk free as it would be in the USA. Maybe they don’t want to use dirty money from corrupt banks; I don’t know.

For me, having read about the late delivery times, it didn’t deter me as I’m in no rush. And PayPal should protect me if all else fails.

But I do think they should focus massively more on completion of existing orders rather than expansion.

Sayt0n 26th March 2019 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEMAS (Post 13887378)
I don’t know how different that is to many business operations, I mean all pensions are Ponzi schemes. Aren’t kick starter projects doing the same? And maybe taking out loans of several hundreds of thousands is not as easy, cheap and risk free as it would be in the USA. Maybe they don’t want to use dirty money from corrupt banks; I don’t know.

For me, having read about the late delivery times, it didn’t deter me as I’m in no rush. And PayPal should protect me if all else fails.

But I do think they should focus massively more on completion of existing orders rather than expansion.

This is where most people are not informed. Go read the PalPal documentation...180 days from the date the payment was sent. That’s how long you have to file the claim. After that, PalPal can’t help you get your money back!

McWreckinBall 26th March 2019 08:40 PM

Well I'm sure we could get a class action lawsuit going if we can't get our money back. But seriously I just can't recommend anyone go through this. IF/when I get my products, that'll be the last purchase I make with Stam.

ardis 26th March 2019 09:17 PM

Wow these guys have a ton of products! They keep coming out with new ones and I don't get the business model. I hope they succeed but maybe slow down and deliver what's ordered? Seems like they need fresh cash, or are trying to get market share quickly?

bgood 26th March 2019 09:26 PM

It’s like the sknote of the outboard world

I imagine he must have to employ quite a few folks now down in Chile depending on how much of the final build is happening at the Chinese oem factories

doom64 26th March 2019 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McWreckinBall (Post 13888359)
Well I'm sure we could get a class action lawsuit going if we can't get our money back. But seriously I just can't recommend anyone go through this. IF/when I get my products, that'll be the last purchase I make with Stam.

Stam seem to be OK with getting refunds to people. They do not want an international incident to happen. A lawsuit would be tough but payment processors would not allow fraudulent companies to use their services.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardis (Post 13888436)
Wow these guys have a ton of products! They keep coming out with new ones and I don't get the business model. I hope they succeed but maybe slow down and deliver what's ordered? Seems like they need fresh cash, or are trying to get market share quickly?

As long as people are OK with the quasi-crowdfunding business model then they will keep it up. We may complain but SOMEONE is sending them money. :facepalm:

McWreckinBall 26th March 2019 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doom64 (Post 13888490)
As long as people are OK with the quasi-crowdfunding business model then they will keep it up. We may complain but SOMEONE is sending them money. :facepalm:

It's not the crowdfunding model that's the issue, it's the timelines that they just completely ignore. I'm going on 15 months for a product from them now. No communication except for one email 8 months ago saying they'd be shipping 6 months ago. Lack of communication, lack of accountability, etc.

And let's all think about this for a second. If their business model is to release new products to fund past products, does anyone honestly believe that's sustainable? First they've turned off tons of potential customers from all the horror stories they hear. Second, they've turned off actual customers from becoming repeat customers. So whose gonna be left to support this business? Then they'll be way over extended on preorders they can't fill because they don't have the money to finish them. And they won't have the money to refund people. It'll be like a run on the banks of people trying to get their money back before they just go out of business.

Tansao 27th March 2019 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McWreckinBall (Post 13888651)
It's not the crowdfunding model that's the issue, it's the timelines that they just completely ignore. I'm going on 15 months for a product from them now. No communication except for one email 8 months ago saying they'd be shipping 6 months ago. Lack of communication, lack of accountability, etc.

And let's all think about this for a second. If their business model is to release new products to fund past products, does anyone honestly believe that's sustainable? First they've turned off tons of potential customers from all the horror stories they hear. Second, they've turned off actual customers from becoming repeat customers. So whose gonna be left to support this business? Then they'll be way over extended on preorders they can't fill because they don't have the money to finish them. And they won't have the money to refund people. It'll be like a run on the banks of people trying to get their money back before they just go out of business.

Just to add to this... the fact that Josh or whatever the owner of Stam's name is comes on here and doesn't apologize profusely, insist that it was only a one time occurrence and that he appreciates how important word of mouth is on GS is, I'd have slight empathy...
But he never seems to really own up to the fact that he continues to fail but seems not to give care too much and keeps promising but not delivering.

Not someone I would wanna buy from.. and thats coming from someone who nearly bought a bunch of their items before I came and read this forum.

Since enquiring and emailing them, I've had 3 emails from them encouraging me to take advantage of their discount they have going on.... Not. A. Chance.

Mister Karloff 27th March 2019 07:27 AM

Why do people still give Stam audio money?