Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   The Moan Zone (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/the-moan-zone/)
-   -   Soundrop distribution. BAD!! (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/the-moan-zone/1247933-soundrop-distribution-bad.html)

fonorecord 29th January 2019 02:12 AM

Soundrop distribution. BAD!!

In my experience SOUNDROP is very very BAD!

I have not choose it, but after Wix music have finished the online distribution, the sent directly to soundrop my CDs.
After a long time, hours to understand new rules, after 10.000 listeners only on spotify for every my original song, they wrote me today that my copyright is not respected! On my original work in creative commons too!
They wrote me to send documents about it... documents?!?!? Of my work?? In creative commons??
I sent an official video of youtube with my work and I asked what kind of documents... nada
After 2 hours they have deleted distribution of my CDs!!

Stay AWAY from SOUNDROP!! (A company of Cd baby)

Reptil 29th January 2019 03:25 AM

I don't really understand what happened.confoosed Perhaps you can explain?
You released some music with Wix Music (this? Wix Website Features for Musicians ).
Wix gave your tracks to Soundrop distribution. (this? Soundrop Distribution ). Without your agreement?
Soundrop said your music was not original (stolen?) they took it down, and they don't distribute it anymore?
What is the deal about "creative commons"? It's your work, right? You're copyright holder?

pony_soundrop 31st January 2019 06:33 PM

I'm Pony, the Brand Manager for Soundrop.

Obviously it's always disappointing to us when anyone has a bad experience with our distribution platform. That said, I'd like to clarify a couple points in regards to the feedback in this post:

1. When Wix decided to retire their distribution service, we worked with them to provide a seamless transitional option for Wix artists that wanted to keep their distribution uninterrupted, playcounts intact, avoid setup fees with a new distributor, having to go through the whole process again, etc... In order to opt-in, Wix artists had to log in to their Wix accounts, click through the "transfer to Soundrop" option, and register a new account with Soundrop. So it would be impossible for Wix content to transfer to Soundrop without the artist actively opting in for the transfer.

2. Once the opt-in period ended, we conducted an audit for copyright/trademark-infringing content. We did find some problematic content and as a result removed said content (along with any other content stored in this account) from all stores, per our agreements with DSPs. The user who created this post had not only actively opted-in for this transfer of content to Soundrop, and then subsequently had infringing content in their account so the account was closed and all content removed.

We take copyright and trademark infringement very seriously, and act swiftly and broadly when violating content is identified!

Our usage guidelines are publicly posted and can be viewed here: Soundrop Usage Guidelines – Soundrop Distribution

Evita 17th October 2019 05:53 PM

Guys, I distribute my songs at Soundrop since LOUDR quit and they started to handle my catalog - for a couple of years now. I have 120 cover songs and some originals .

I have some originals at another company , but only because they distrubute to more outlets .

I can't say any bad. I haven't had any problem with them ! And now I see they will have more placesfreshflowe to distribute the music in the near future. I hope this helps : Evita ♪freshflowe:synth:

stimpe 16th November 2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insomni.ac (Post 14326280)
Hi
Me and my friends run a small music label.
We release through Soundrop, the digital music distributor.

On Nov 14th was supposed to be payday for July and August's royalties.
On Nov 13th we logged in to our Soundrop account, and saw that the money has already been received in Soundrop. The stores had already payed out our royalties to Soundrop and they were visible on our Balance sheet.

I thought, ok, we just have to wait until tomorrow and the money will be paid out to us.

On Nov 14th we got locked out of our account by Soundrop. They took down our releases and are refusing to pay out the royalty money.
They say we generated artificial streams.

What is the legal basis for a distributor to keep our earnings, which the stores had already payed out to them, that is us?
If there were any artificial streams, the stores would not pay out any money for those streams in the first place, and would have taken our releases down way before.

The releases were taken down (probably on soundrop's request, at EXACTLY the payday).

What is the basis for the distributor to arbitrartily decide that we had artifical streams, when the stores, who have far superior models to decide what is artificial and what is not, did NOT decide that? Instead, everything was fine in the stores, if it wasn't they wouldn't have sent money to Soundrop.

I have subsequently posted on reddit, and the team that works on soundrop admitted that, yes, they do hold on to the artists' and labels' money, like there is any basis for them to do so. So, this money isn't payed to the artists - it isn't even returned to the stores.

Instead, SOUNDROP keeps it all for themselves. I bet you that even the stores would like to hear about this practice.

Someone please advise on this topic? Any similar experiences?

Don't get me wrong, I've seen soundrop videos, the employees there seem like a likeable bunch of people, but this practice cannot be legal or right in my point of view.

Yes, I've posted on their contact mails, but they just ignore you.

How can a distributor decide arbitrarily that we broke Spotify's rules with artificial streaming?
How can a distributor arbitrarily decide to hold OUR royalties, already cleared and already sent to them by the stores?

What does your contract/agreement with them say about this? Start there...