Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Modular Mania - All Things Eurorack and Modular Synths/Effects (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/modular-mania-all-things-eurorack-and-modular-synths-effects/)
-   -   Rossum Trident Complex VCO ... (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/modular-mania-all-things-eurorack-and-modular-synths-effects/1247039-rossum-trident-complex-vco.html)

void23 22nd January 2019 08:31 PM

Rossum Trident Complex VCO ...
 
Looks like Rossum has a new toy ...

Trident

Glad to see he's gone back to basics with the interface also. I love my Evolution, but my Morpheus doesn't get as much use as it should.

https://i0.wp.com/www.rossum-electro..._534.jpg?w=640

junglehs 22nd January 2019 09:02 PM

Is there a video yet?

void23 22nd January 2019 09:06 PM

First demos will be from the NAMM floor. Keep an eye out.

Reptil 22nd January 2019 09:28 PM

abductioncellfone:cowbell:kfhkh

MindMachine 22nd January 2019 10:50 PM

Wow. Can't wait to hear it.

Derp 22nd January 2019 11:35 PM

That's an unusual take on oscillators. Can't wait to hear what it sounds like!

TMT75 22nd January 2019 11:46 PM

Holy :cowbell:
A lot of knobs to wiggle! diddlydoo

Prophonic 23rd January 2019 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by void23 (Post 13756479)
Looks like Rossum has a new toy ...

Trident

Glad to see he's gone back to basics with the interface also. I love my Evolution, but my Morpheus doesn't get as much use as it should.

https://i0.wp.com/www.rossum-electro..._534.jpg?w=640

ahhhh! Amazing. Very promising for the future.

Reptil 24th January 2019 08:52 AM

good morning

Derp 24th January 2019 04:14 PM

Very cool! I WANT IT!

lost_the_peace 24th January 2019 06:08 PM

Conceptually I love this and it could replace my cockamamie matrix mixer / osc setup for less hp so look forward to hearing more. Need to be convinced by the square tho!

mekanik 25th January 2019 04:48 PM

Will this be better than any other complex osc??

Summer Of Nebula 25th January 2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mekanik (Post 13765140)
Will this be better than any other complex osc??

I like what I've heard from the new Rossum so far and I felt some GAS but as an Instruo Cš-L owner I don't need it.

What I've achieved with my Cš-L sounds more exciting to me than what I heard from the Rossum and after reading the specs I believe the Cš-L can do much more, though it "just" offers two oscs instead of three.

The routing possibilities ("routing modulation bus") on the Cš-L alone without any patching going on are awesome. It's more than just carrier/modulator because both oscs can be carrier and modulator at the same time and much more.
And it sounds great.

Nevertheless I do believe that the Trident is an unique and good sounding oscillator which would be high on my list if I'd be looking for something like this.
And after all it's all about different flavors. Trident and Cš-L and others can live in harmony next to each other =)

Derp 25th January 2019 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mekanik (Post 13765140)
Will this be better than any other complex osc??

I don't think it really fits the usual structure of complex oscillators. Complex ones like the Buchla and the DPO usually entail two oscillators and some waveshaping. Trident is made up of three. It can probably cover most if not all of the bases from other complex oscillators, but it's almost certainly going to be capable of more. Still, as a DPO owner, I'm in no rush.

mekanik 25th January 2019 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summer Of Nebula (Post 13765885)
I like what I've heard from the new Rossum so far and I felt some GAS but as an Instruo Cš-L owner I don't need it.

What I've achieved with my Cš-L sounds more exciting to me than what I heard from the Rossum and after reading the specs I believe the Cš-L can do much more, though it "just" offers two oscs instead of three.

The routing possibilities ("routing modulation bus") on the Cš-L alone without any patching going on are awesome. It's more than just carrier/modulator because both oscs can be carrier and modulator at the same time and much more.
And it sounds great.

Nevertheless I do believe that the Trident is an unique and good sounding oscillator which would be high on my list if I'd be looking for something like this.
And after all it's all about different flavors. Trident and Cš-L and others can live in harmony next to each other =)

The csl looks pretty bad ass.

I wonder which is the king of to CO's?

We have:
Further generator
Cwejman VCO-2RM (or is it even a complex osc?)
DPO
Verbos
Csl
e352 Cloud terrarium could maybe be patches as one too.
Sputnik
Akemies castle is a 4op fm
Shapeshifter
Troika?

mekanik 25th January 2019 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derp (Post 13765937)
I don't think it really fits the usual structure of complex oscillators. Complex ones like the Buchla and the DPO usually entail two oscillators and some waveshaping. Trident is made up of three. It can probably cover most if not all of the bases from other complex oscillators, but it's almost certainly going to be capable of more. Still, as a DPO owner, I'm in no rush.

I'm not in a rush either. I have plenty of oscs and a wavefolder. I only lose rack space. But gain usability.

Accent 27th January 2019 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mekanik (Post 13766346)
The csl looks pretty bad ass.

I wonder which is the king of to CO's?

We have:
Further generator
Cwejman VCO-2RM (or is it even a complex osc?)
DPO
Verbos
Csl
e352 Cloud terrarium could maybe be patches as one too.
Sputnik
Akemies castle is a 4op fm
Shapeshifter
Troika?

Hex Inverter Mindphaser is going to drop soon too, might as well add it to the list (that’s the one that has my interest the most anyhow).
Benjolin would technically count, tho it’s also sort of its own thing too.

Derp 28th January 2019 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accent (Post 13768856)
Benjolin would technically count, tho it’s also sort of its own thing too.

Yeah, that whole rungling thing is definitely its own trick. It never ceases to amuse me that when the guy who thought the thing tries to explain it, even he hasn't really figured out what it's doing. It's a monster of an industrial noise machine.

Reptil 22nd February 2019 02:42 PM


Ossicle 22nd May 2019 06:47 AM

I love the very organic resonance in the tone.



I just found out that Dave Rossum one of the founders E-mu Systems :amaze:.

tiger001 24th May 2019 12:50 PM

i love it that at whichever setting, it responds with a very musical (inspiring) tone

pekbro 5th June 2019 11:12 AM

The Trident is exceedingly excellent imho. kfhkh The build quality is very high as well,
In my rig, only the Subcon stuff can 'somewhat' top it's fit and finish with better jacks and graphics.

*The Trident has painted graphics, the Vampire is completely anodized...

mekanik 21st June 2019 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ossicle (Post 13995880)
I love the very organic resonance in the tone.



I just found out that Dave Rossum one of the founders E-mu Systems :amaze:.

now you need to get an evo filter!

mekanik 21st June 2019 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pekbro (Post 14020393)
The Trident is exceedingly excellent imho. kfhkh The build quality is very high as well,
In my rig, only the Subcon stuff can 'somewhat' top it's fit and finish with better jacks and graphics.

*The Trident has painted graphics, the Vampire is completely anodized...

I only have the evo filter but i can tell you that its by far my best built module. will probably survive a minor nuke attack.

pots are so solid i **** my pants.
knobs are very grippy and good.
pots are the smoothest most precise you can get most likely.
panel is top notch and above in quality both physical and visual quality.
its better mechanical quality than both the modcan multimode and e440. and those are very very good.

pekbro 21st June 2019 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mekanik (Post 14051399)
I only have the evo filter but i can tell you that its by far my best built module. will probably survive a minor nuke attack.

pots are so solid i **** my pants.
knobs are very grippy and good.
pots are the smoothest most precise you can get most likely.
panel is top notch and above in quality both physical and visual quality.
its better mechanical quality than both the modcan multimode and e440. and those are very very good.

They are pretty serious about quality actually. My Trident has a slightly bowed
faceplate. The deviation is slight, < 1 mm, I didn't really notice it for a while.
Anyway, they are not happy about it getting past the QA, the first time it's happened supposedly.

Not sure what they are going to do about it, if anything. It doesn't hamper
it's functionality at all. It is a bit annoying though, enough that I would change
it out, for a replacement or a greyscale plate.

Anyway, I will probably buy the Panharmonium when it's available as well.
Maybe a filter and more later rockout

mekanik 21st June 2019 04:22 AM

why not just send it back to the manufacturer and they replace the panel for you?

pekbro 21st June 2019 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mekanik (Post 14051492)
why not just send it back to the manufacturer and they replace the panel for you?

If they want me to do that, I would have to. It's not really a big deal to change
it though. I'd be happy if they just sent me another faceplate tbh.

mekanik 21st June 2019 05:19 AM

are they willing to do that??

pekbro 22nd June 2019 03:08 AM

I dunno yet, it’s gone over to manufacturing to decide how to proceed.
Honestly, I didn’t ask them to replace it, as it’s just cosmetic. I did express my disappointment. I am interested to see what they decide.

pekbro 16th July 2019 11:25 PM

Ok, just to conclude this. Rossum has opted to send me a replacement front panel for free.
I think they were busy with the Panharmonium release and were thinking I would have
to send it to them. I told them I would change it, and they sent it right away.

Anyway, they are good guys who stand behind their products. kfhkh