Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   New Products - Coming soon (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-products-coming-soon/)
-   -   MAAT thEQorange (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-products-coming-soon/1240270-maat-theqorange.html)

Giuseppe Zaccaria 29th November 2018 11:09 PM

MAAT thEQorange
 
Probably the best eq out there??
Look forward to try it...

MAAT thEQorange

cprompt 29th November 2018 11:19 PM

Only $760? Bargain, I'll have two!

Giuseppe Zaccaria 29th November 2018 11:38 PM

Yes it is that expensive, but who knows perhaps their claim is real to be the best sounding eq...
Was the developing of the codes a mad expensive nightmare to re-work from scratch the old tech from Peq Orange?
Maybe someone knows more about?

BadYodeler 29th November 2018 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cprompt (Post 13661056)
Only $760? Bargain, I'll have two!

Right? Only half the price of the original!

Seriously though, that pricing model strikes me as rather stupid. There will be a couple of big mastering houses that will snag one, but they probably won't sell much more than like a couple hundred licenses over the next year or two at that price. If they priced it around $200, they could probably push thousands.

kelvyn 29th November 2018 11:41 PM

This sounds ‘Crazy’ but who knows?
Very curious....

BadYodeler 30th November 2018 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giuseppe Zaccaria (Post 13661087)
Was the developing of the codes a mad expensive nightmare to re-work from scratch the old tech from Peq Orange?
Maybe someone knows more about?

I don't have any inside knowledge, but I'm pretty sure they were able to recycle all of the original code and just add some new features/GUI. I don't see any potential reason why they could not. But even if the development costs were enormous, that should have no bearing on the price. Price should be determined such that it maximizes their profits, which I don't think it will at this price point.

profvonsok 30th November 2018 12:01 AM

The game has changed and they refuse to realize it. F*CK MAAT!!!

kdm 30th November 2018 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giuseppe Zaccaria (Post 13661087)
Yes it is that expensive, but who knows perhaps their claim is real to be the best sounding eq...
Was the developing of the codes a mad expensive nightmare to re-work from scratch the old tech from Peq Orange?
Maybe someone knows more about?

Out of respect for MAAT, I would test their EQ.

I can only offer my personal experience with testing the original Algorithmix Red and Orange EQs several years ago, which with the Red (if I recall which correctly), I could configure to cancel 100% with another far less expensive linear phase EQ. Needless to say, I didn't purchase either.

Perhaps MAAT has come up with a novel advancement that offers something of value over other linear phase EQs. I would certainly give them a chance to prove the claims and the price point.

Niowiad 30th November 2018 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cprompt (Post 13661056)
Only $760? Bargain, I'll have two!

Lucky you, for me it's 814€ (including VAT) mezed

javahut 30th November 2018 12:03 AM

Pre-purchase a $760 digital EQ plugin. With CodeMeter license. In 2018. Right.

Macaroni 30th November 2018 12:30 AM

I'd like to know how this stacks up against DMG EQuilibrium.

Gemylon 30th November 2018 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by javahut (Post 13661134)
Pre-purchase a $760 digital EQ plugin. With CodeMeter license. In 2018. Right.


Never gonna happen over here for sure.





peachh

A Tan 30th November 2018 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cprompt (Post 13661056)
Only $760? Bargain, I'll have two!

Buy quickly.. the pre–Order Price: $760, afterwards it's $990 List

FoxMulderFBI 30th November 2018 12:49 AM

Would love to know what kind of drugs this devs use... freshflowe:heh:

Tod Slaughter 30th November 2018 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI (Post 13661204)
Would love to know what kind of drugs this devs use... freshflowe:heh:

Really expensive addictive ones.

Rumi 30th November 2018 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macaroni (Post 13661175)
I'd like to know how this stacks up against DMG EQuilibrium.

Or Barratt Equavescent, or the upcoming MIA Labs, and maybe also Magpha EQ (which I haven't tested yet).

Sonic_Beast 30th November 2018 01:30 AM

For this price, one can buy just about every other EQ plugin in existence and tackle just about every possible sonic problem in the universe of sound.
I can't imaging a problem, in the mix, or mastering situation that cannot be handled supremely well with DMG, NOVA, FABFILTER, ACON AUDIO etc, etc.
This is not to say that this EQ is some super expensive garbage...my point is that this amount of money can be invested with a lot more wisdom by skipping this one over.

mustgroove 30th November 2018 01:52 AM

That choice of copy protection is gonna put a fairly hard limit on the overall size of the market for this plugin.

bmanic 30th November 2018 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumi (Post 13661261)
Or Barratt Equavescent

He still working on that?

V4nger 30th November 2018 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumi (Post 13661261)
Or Barratt Equavescent, or the upcoming MIA Labs, and maybe also Magpha EQ (which I haven't tested yet).

What upcoming EQ do you speak of from MIA?? I only know of mk2 of pi/phi.

JoFi 30th November 2018 08:15 AM

Very strange company indeed. mezed
Sorry MAAT, but 990$ for a plugin? That claims to have no pre-ringing? Let's stay serious. LOL

I'm rather waiting for a softube EQ1 MKII to come.

XARC Mastering 30th November 2018 11:19 AM

What a nonsense, they can´t trick physics and laws of nature (numbers)! And they know that, hence they write:

"...that eliminates audible pre–echo and post–echo to the highest degree"

This is NOT without pre-echo, it´s just not that noticeable, but I bet $1000 that if you boost +10dB ~400Hz on a highly transient sound like sharp drum sounds, you WILL hear pre-echo. And if I want to avoid that by the highest degree, I simply use a solid, non-FFT based linear phase implementation like in MeldaProductions Linear Phase EQs at the highest quality setting. And I bet again that this one here will not be better than Meldas top stuff, as this also avoid pre-echo as good as possible, but well, as good as POSSIBLE, it is not NOT there, this is impossible and is snake oil if they say different. But let´s demo it once it´s out. Though anyone who´s sane won´t order it for THAT price in 2018 :facepalm: :lol:

Rumi 30th November 2018 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmanic (Post 13661330)
He still working on that?

I sure hope so! If perfectionism hasn't swallowed him completely.
It's one of the very best EQs I know, ITB or not.

Rumi 30th November 2018 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V4nger (Post 13661563)
What upcoming EQ do you speak of from MIA?? I only know of mk2 of pi/phi.

I asked them for a multi-band EQ that has all their color EQs integrated, with variable Q and all. They wrote back that they are working on that. I asked to be a beta tester. Haven't received the beta yet, though.
Their small EQs are really good, but a bit too restricted.

Rumi 30th November 2018 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XARC Mastering (Post 13661850)
... but I bet $1000 that ...

Wow, for that amount of money, I could buy myself one software EQ! And even have 10 bucks left!

V4nger 30th November 2018 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumi (Post 13662175)
I asked them for a multi-band EQ that has all their color EQs integrated, with variable Q and all. They wrote back that they are working on that. I asked to be a beta tester. Haven't received the beta yet, though.
Their small EQs are really good, but a bit too restricted.

Awesome, they didn't tell me about that. Though I know there is a new version of Blue coming with some extra features.

I beta test for them! The new versions or Pi/Phi and the Musiqual series are all now 10x more precise with .1 settings for each control. They're far more useable. Like you, I found them too restrictive to use properly so I sent them a few impassioned emails and they got me on to beta and other assistance, and put my suggestions into action. And now they are truly powerful tone shapers.

Pretty much the only analogue style EQs I mix with now with Acustica stuff on busses for that extra flair. I absolutely love them to bits.

TKFP 2nd December 2018 02:01 AM

Great, can't wait. Finally 64 bit orange Algo EQ. This beautiful Eq deserves a reup. 10 years later, there is still nothing that can compete. ;)

TKFP 2nd December 2018 02:06 AM

Blue and Red next please. ;)

XARC Mastering 2nd December 2018 02:17 AM

There is more than enough that can compete and surpass nowadays, we don´t live in 2009 anymore.

bgood 2nd December 2018 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdm (Post 13661130)
Out of respect for MAAT, I would test their EQ.

I can only offer my personal experience with testing the original Algorithmix Red and Orange EQs several years ago, which with the Red (if I recall which correctly), I could configure to cancel 100% with another far less expensive linear phase EQ. Needless to say, I didn't purchase either.

Perhaps MAAT has come up with a novel advancement that offers something of value over other linear phase EQs. I would certainly give them a chance to prove the claims and the price point.

Maybe the advancement they developed boils down to charging a sh1tload for a plugin..