Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Product Alerts older than 2 months (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/)
-   -   Steven Slate Drums 5 (SSD5) Now Available (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/1237196-steven-slate-drums-5-ssd5-now-available.html)

Steven Slate 6th November 2018 07:32 PM

Steven Slate Drums 5 (SSD5) Now Available

Fifteen years ago, before all the modeled analog gear, before all the touchscreen consoles, and before the modeling microphones..... there was just DRUMS.

Steven Slate Drums was my first entry into the world of making products for pro audio engineers. I'm proud to say that it became a staple in popular music starting in the mid 2000's, and you can still hear SSD on tons of hits today.

And therefore, I could not be happier to announce on my birthday of all days, the release of Steven Slate Drums 5!

SSD5 has been built from the ground up. It's so easy to use you don't even need to read the manual. But most importantly, we have a new physically-modeled drum playback algorithm that recreates the sound of real drum parts with realism that you'll have to hear to believe. Simple round robin is a thing of the past... now each drum dissolves into the next just like a real acoustic drum kit.

But the most prized feature of SSD has always been the drum sound. And SSD5 delivers with over 50 new Deluxe 2 Instruments which have over double the amount of layers and multisamples from any previous samples. But it's important to know that EVERY legacy drum sample has been reprogrammed with our new SSD5 drum playback algorithm, so you'll even hear a massive improvement in the old school SSD3 classic kits!

In total there are 138 drum kit presets, with 84 kicks, 77 snares, 58 toms, 11 hi-hats, 14 crashes, 6 rides, 4 splashes 3 chinas, 1 clap, 1 tambourine, 1 cowbell.

There are processed kits, raw kits, jazz kits, metal kits, vintage kits, indie kits, and tons of great rock kits!

To PURCHASE SSD5 for its intro price of $149 (reg $179), visit:
Steven Slate Drums - World-Class Virtual Drum Instruments & Replacers

Want to check out a full version of SSD5 with one incredible sounding kit that you'll be able to use right away?
Go to Steven Slate Drums - World-Class Virtual Drum Instruments & Replacers and download SSD5 FREE!!

Did you buy SSD4 after January 22nd 2018? You get a FREE upgrade to SSD5! Check your email or see the website for details.

Want to upgrade to SSD5 from SSD4 EX or Platinum? Check your email, or visit the upgrade page on the website.

Full SSD5 Update Features List:

Here’s a Full List of Every New Feature and Update in SSD5:

- New Deluxe 2 drum library with more than 50 new instruments including 10 new kicks, 10 new snares, and even a few percussion instruments. All the drums are unique and have two stereo room layers each

- New SSD5 physically modeled drum playback algorithm ensures that each drum part sounds extremely natural, authentic, and real

- Classic Slate Drums, Deluxe 1 Drums, and ALL Expansion pack drums (CLA, Blackbird, etc) have been re-done using the new SSD5 physically modeled drum playback algorithm

- New GUI with a better layout and better functionality. Easy to understand and navigate, even without the manual.

- Using Drum Kit view, or Pads/Cells View you can now load up to 32 drum instruments simultaneously along with up to 32 user one-shots.

- Super powerful and easy routing to your DAW with AUX channels, routing manager, and routing presets.

- Group selection of mixer strips to adjust parameters of different mics simultaneously

- New solo/mute logic in Mixer with hotkeys for instant un-solo and unmute.

- Phase now can be flipped not only on selected mics but also on a whole instrument. Gives you the possibility to flip all mics in the instrument, but, for instance, subsequently flip the close mics

- Reworked mapping. Everything in the kit preset is easily mappable and remappable plus there is an input converter to load mapping presets for popular formats

- New groove library with more than 1000 new grooves. Grooves are unique and come in a lot of styles played by great drummers. New grooves are played by the new groove player, where you can adjust the dynamics and speed of grooves and ‘drag and drop’ modified grooves into your DAW

- Drums audition has been greatly improved. Audition just by clicking on a drum instrument

- Now you can change the balance of direct mics vs ambient mics for sample audition in the browser

- Master volume for plugin output added

- Resampling quality is improved

- Retina support added

- VERY BIG - new shaping section. ADSR, where you can adjust A, D and R curves and S volume. Allows you to emulate transient shapers and compressors. Also gives endless possibilities for sound design

So with that... happy virtual drumming!

Cheers,
Steven

parlopower 6th November 2018 07:37 PM

Already purchased and downloading. diddlydoo

TGP 6th November 2018 07:52 PM

Upgrade discount until Nov 1? :cop:

theXbucket 6th November 2018 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGP (Post 13615048)

the way of a real salesman!!! :lol:

Pd-Baraka 6th November 2018 07:59 PM

I ccouldnt find how much disk Space this requires? Probably my own fault. CAn someone guide my blind eyes to the info?

minty901 6th November 2018 08:01 PM

Do I need an iLok dongle?

blinkSaunders 6th November 2018 08:01 PM

Does this overwrite the previous installed version 4, or will I be able to use both?

minty901 6th November 2018 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinkSaunders (Post 13615070)
Does this overwrite the previous installed version 4, or will I be able to use both?

He has said before you'll be able to use both. Separate install and sounds download I believe.

Baxterbrown 6th November 2018 08:03 PM

Site says upgrade price increases after November 30th. No need to use a time machine after all ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGP (Post 13615048)

StoneyBCN 6th November 2018 08:07 PM

Better late than never kfhkh

Thanks to team Slate for putting this on the table at long last. DL'ing immediately.

minty901 6th November 2018 08:11 PM

Can anyone confirm how much space this takes up + if you need an iLok dongle / how the licensing works?

CaptainHook 6th November 2018 08:12 PM

Can you adjust mic bleed now? That's the whole reason why even though I brought SSD4 platinum I don't use it and I use superior drummer instead. The difference it makes to realistic drums can't be understated.

GMR 6th November 2018 08:37 PM

Can I save a set up used in 4 an open in 5 and not have to re mix everything?

From the demo clips, the snare seem to have more sounds velocity wise

Nosferatus 6th November 2018 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minty901 (Post 13615068)
Do I need an iLok dongle?

On the product's page it says
"LICENSING:
SSD5 licensing supports iLok Dongle or Machine ID."

I hope that by "Machine ID" it means that I can just use a licence like my old installation of SSD4 Platinum (I also have CLA expansion)

Sounds great on the demos and will definitely buy it one of the following days

RiF 6th November 2018 08:55 PM

That GUI looks like 15 years ago...
But if it sounds right, I‘ll try to ignore it.

JameyZ 6th November 2018 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatus (Post 13615164)
On the product's page it says
"LICENSING:
SSD5 licensing supports iLok Dongle or Machine ID."

I hope that by "Machine ID" it means that I can just use a licence like my old installation of SSD4 Platinum (I also have CLA expansion)

The licensing is a bit different than SSD4 and now utilizes iLok License Protection.

However since it has Machine ID you don't need a iLok USB Dongle.

https://www.ilok.com/#!license-manager

b0se 6th November 2018 09:21 PM

Sounds fantastic.

minty901 6th November 2018 09:23 PM

I tried to buy the SSD4 Platinum upgrade, authorised the payment through paypal, then was met with this:

"Invalid request rejected.

This page appears when an invalid/malformed request was submitted. The request has been logged along with your IP, hostname, and all request parameters. Necessary staff have been notified.

We apologize for any incovenience. "

The money has been taken from my account. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

b0se 6th November 2018 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minty901 (Post 13615240)
I tried to buy the SSD4 Platinum upgrade, authorised the payment through paypal, then was met with this:

"Invalid request rejected.

This page appears when an invalid/malformed request was submitted. The request has been logged along with your IP, hostname, and all request parameters. Necessary staff have been notified.

We apologize for any incovenience. "

The money has been taken from my account. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Same here. Tried with both credit card and Paypal.

minty901 6th November 2018 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0se (Post 13615258)

Be careful you haven't been charged twice then, because money definitely came out of my paypal account from my one attempt.

Slate has a flashy web developer, he should get someone to work on improving the payment process.

tonecontroller 6th November 2018 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0se (Post 13615258)

I've had exactly the same thing happen. I suspect it's a server getting overloaded. Hopefully they will get us sorted soon.

b0se 6th November 2018 09:33 PM

It's been taken via Paypal, but I don't think the card authorised. Either way, Slate support has been great - it'll get sorted.

Update: Charged via credit card also. Time to open a support ticket :¬)

ManMulcahy 6th November 2018 09:53 PM

Instant buy, can’t wait to hook up my TD-50 and try this out.

arnew 6th November 2018 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0se (Post 13615267)
It's been taken via Paypal, but I don't think the card authorised. Either way, Slate support has been great - it'll get sorted.

Update: Charged via credit card also. Time to open a support ticket :¬)

Same happened to me, purchased and charged by Paypal, but system fail to redirect to download. Ticket sendt.

theXbucket 6th November 2018 09:59 PM

Great sound! Even a preset without changing anything sits right in the mix!!!! Awesome. rockout

hw2nw 6th November 2018 10:00 PM

Already messing with it after some time installing. The new kits sound fantastic. I've got tons of use for them and the snares are excellent on top.

Only issue is i'm trying to figure out how to get my SSD4 user kits over into SSD5. The user library is a big part of my workflow.

blackcom 6th November 2018 10:08 PM

Can i upgrade mu SSD4 Essential to an SSD5 "Essential"?

dickiefunk 6th November 2018 10:37 PM

Interested to hear how this compares to Superior 3.

HOFX 6th November 2018 10:51 PM

What does the algorithm do? Is it manipulating the MIDI in events so it's more natural, or is it doing some WAV out processing?

TGP 6th November 2018 10:53 PM

I have the same upgrade checkout problem. Now, Steven, you have my money but I do not have your drums. Bad luck.

Do all those upgraders who are affected by the checkout problem have to issue a ticket or will this be sorted out automatically for all of us?

Steven?