Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Product Alerts older than 2 months (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/)
-   -   TC Electronic release two new plug-ins with hardware controllers (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/1231319-tc-electronic-release-two-new-plug-ins-hardware-controllers.html)

NemisisLondon 19th September 2018 11:37 AM

TC Electronic release two new plug-ins with hardware controllers

2 Attachment(s)
TC Electronic have just released two plug ins with dedicated hardware controllers

1. TC2290-DT
Legendary Dynamic Delay Plug-In with Dedicated Desktop Interface and Signature Presets

TC2290-DT is a groundbreaking, versatile delay solution that features a dedicated hardware interface with full DAW integration and powerful signature presets that will fuel your inspiration and add instant character to your tracks.

Capable of conjuring up virtually any conceivable delay type, TC2290-DT makes it easy to vitalize your tracks with everything from crisp repeats, to complex delay rhythms and ultra-expressive modulated soundscapes.

TC2290-DT’s sleek tactile controls and authentic tone recreations gives you total creative control of your delay, allowing you to explore and experiment to your heart’s content. With its superior sound quality and extremely musical response, TC2290-DT is like adding another musical instrument to the mix!

More info here TC2290-DT | Desktop Controllers | Computer Audio | TC Electronic | Categories | MUSIC Group - TC Electronic

2. DVR250-DT
Groundbreaking reverb unit, that brings the iconic EMT 250 Electronic Reverberator to your DAW. With its original fusion of hardware and software features, it captures the amazing sound and unique tactile controls of the world’s first commercial reverb box. Super easy and creative to mix with, DVR250-DT will add a smooth and funky vintage air to any project.

More info here DVR250-DT | Desktop Controllers | Computer Audio | TC Electronic | Categories | MUSIC Group - TC Electronic

blackcom 19th September 2018 12:41 PM

Dont have space or a workflow that allows hardware controllers. Keep it native and ITB please.

LonDonsen 19th September 2018 01:40 PM

Now I see why UA sold me the 250 for 49€

dubguy99 19th September 2018 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackcom (Post 13526165)
Dont have space or a workflow that allows hardware controllers. Keep it native and ITB please.

It would be cool if you could buy the controllers as an add-on but the fact that the hardware is just thinly disguised DRM and is required for full functionality of the plugin is absolutely ridiculous (I think it was even stated somewhere that the hardware needs to be connected every X weeks, or the plugin stops working).

invalidusername 19th September 2018 02:27 PM

beautifully disguised dongle. shame, i would have bought the plugin instantly. There's no (good) native EMT 250 plugin. Don't they get everyone is working on a laptop these days ? Who wants the hassle of carrying a controller around just for a ******* reverb...

digital 1010 19th September 2018 03:39 PM

Gearslutz 2014 i wish they made hardware controllers for plugins. Gearslutz 2018 why have they made controllers for plugins gooof

NemisisLondon 19th September 2018 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackcom (Post 13526165)

I believe the plugin is both native and in the box

blackcom 19th September 2018 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NemisisLondon (Post 13526503)
I believe the plugin is both native and in the box

Then sell a plugin only version for half the price, yes?

NemisisLondon 19th September 2018 11:42 PM

Then sell a plugin only version for half the price, yes?[/QUOTE]

Definitely! I think it's a good product for people that still like the feel of using hardware (me included) but, not having the option to use it without the hardware is a completely thoughtless move for a company of this calibre

Silver Sonya 20th September 2018 12:13 AM

It's not thoughtless, it's deliberate.

I am not in the market for this because I do so much work mobile w/ my macbook.

But in a real studio (remember those?), this kind of product could be dope.

- c

Danielbest1 20th September 2018 03:53 AM

As i understand VSS3 Native doesn't sound equally good than the powercore version.

I wonder how it compare to the original DVR2 algorithm on the powercore.

I would love to listen some comparison between DVR250 with UAD EMT250, PSP 2445 and a real EMT250 Hardware :)

elambo 20th September 2018 04:04 AM

This is roughly (if not exactly) the EMT emulation from the TC 6000? Did Relab's VSR-S24 cover that algorithm? I have it but tend to pull it in for halls and rooms. If the Relab has the EMT stuff then this TC plugin has *tough* competition.

elambo 20th September 2018 04:24 AM

You can download the software from their site, which I did, and it installs and even lets you hear a ballad preset, but you can do nothing else without the hardware dongle.

No sale! TC, please stop doing this. The verb actually sounded very good but there's a 0% chance that I'd buy it in this forced-hardware format you keep producing.

Ambroise 20th September 2018 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielbest1 (Post 13527624)

I would love to listen some comparison between DVR250 with UAD EMT250, PSP 2445 and a real EMT250 Hardware :)

Psp 2445 is not a 250
Very different sound

thedberg 20th September 2018 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digital 1010 (Post 13526434)
Gearslutz 2014 i wish they made hardware controllers for plugins. Gearslutz 2018 why have they made controllers for plugins gooof

Not only 2014. Still today GS has lots of posts about lack of hardware control. And when it arrives it gets talked down with stupid dongle-jokes.

Guys: if you don’t want hardware control there are a gazillion software alternatives. :facepalm:

Ambroise 20th September 2018 07:31 AM

Yeah, I don't get it why people are always complaining here when there is a new product.
No one is forcing you to buy it if it's not your cup of tea. If you don't like it, use something else
Nothing is perfect, you work with what you got, you work with the limitations of what you got and finally you find a way to make it work even if it's not how you wish it was.
I personally will certainly buy it

mfx 20th September 2018 09:27 AM

I don't believe everyone complains on product releases. Despite the fact I'm happy with my reverb bases covered it's an interesting release.
Hardware controllers are very much appreciate. I think these would be more positively receiver of marketed has hardware controller with free reverb. I believe that's the real issue here no?

Tui 20th September 2018 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielbest1 (Post 13527624)
As i understand VSS3 Native doesn't sound equally good than the powercore version.

I would think it does. It certainly sounds 100% identical to my M3000.

r.staettler 20th September 2018 12:00 PM

If I had a controller for each and every Plug-In I use (let alone own)...

Specialized Controller for specialized Plug Ins (like a digital retro reverb) are a NO GO for me...

But a general controller that controls a bunch of Plugs (like Console 1) YEAH that would be great - especially if its not tooo cheaply made... 8 encoder, 8 buttons and maybe screens in good quality... usable with many plugs hooppie

Software-Devs should bring a standard for that!

Tui 20th September 2018 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r.staettler (Post 13527998)
But a general controller that controls a bunch of Plugs (like Console 1) YEAH that would be great - especially if its not tooo cheaply made... 8 encoder, 8 buttons and maybe screens in good quality... usable with many plugs hooppie

Software-Devs should bring a standard for that!

Agreed, that would be neat. Novation Automap almost did it, but not quite.

As for the reverb, it sounds great. I want one. Lots of questions, though. Is the hardware controller needed for the plugin to work at all times/some of the time?

World Studios 20th September 2018 12:23 PM

Native Instruments are close to doing this with their NKS thing. Perhaps they will release a kontroller with no keys some fine day?

World Studios 20th September 2018 12:26 PM

The delay needs to see the controller once every 30 days to be happy, so you could run it for a good four week session away from the hardware. But I think you can not change the parameters in the software. Yet another strange ”feature”..

Tui 20th September 2018 12:35 PM

The price tag is interesting. $349 is not exorbitant, sort of in the range of upmarket reverb plugins.

Drool. :amaze:

Tui 20th September 2018 07:50 PM

It turns out you can demo the plugin - sort of.

Download the installer here:

DVR250-DT | Desktop Controllers | Computer Audio | TC Electronic | Categories | MUSIC Group - TC Electronic)

The plugin works, but you can't change any parameters or load presets without the hardware.

There doesn't seem to be a manual yet.

CPU-usage is moderate.

The sound... I like a lot. Creamy and very different from VSS3.

Danielbest1 20th September 2018 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambroise (Post 13527718)
Psp 2445 is not a 250
Very different sound

Hi,

As i understand the 244 is the same 250 algo with fewer options, like predelay, etc.

The Beatsmith 20th September 2018 09:07 PM

Very good promo video for the reverb, I'll give them that!

lukecage 21st September 2018 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by World Studios (Post 13528032)
Native Instruments are close to doing this with their NKS thing. Perhaps they will release a kontroller with no keys some fine day?

It honestly baffles me that they haven't done this yet! Literally just a desktop box with 8 knobs minimum and a screen or two -- can't be that difficult.

Funkybot 21st September 2018 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukecage (Post 13529339)
It honestly baffles me that they haven't done this yet! Literally just a desktop box with 8 knobs minimum and a screen or two -- can't be that difficult.

Yes, an NKS version of the Novation Remote Zero would be AMAZING. Good build quality, 16 knobs, 8 faders, a few buttons, good display...I'd preorder that.

Pavilon 21st September 2018 07:15 PM

would be cool if you can controll the UAD plugin with that.
otherwise, for me it´s useless.
I don´t think it sound better than the UAD emulation!

ardis 21st September 2018 08:02 PM

I have the SKNote Rev 250 and it's a cool sound. Amazing what those guys were doing and when!......