Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   High End (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end/)
-   -   Aurora Audio GTP1 .. new product? (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end/1227854-aurora-audio-gtp1-new-product.html)

Ari88 20th August 2018 05:07 PM

Aurora Audio GTP1 .. new product?
 
Hi all,
There is no mention on Gearslutz of this product yet (Aurora Audio GTP1 and GTP2).

There are listings on vintage king and reverb but no info of the units on Aurora’s own website. Any one have any experience with these pres?

Lumin One 21st August 2018 12:41 AM

https://www.frontendaudio.com/aurora-audio-gtp1-preamp/

i had the assumption these were a stripped down gtq2 to just the actual pre, no eq. Im sure Geoff can chime in with some details if he sees this.
I am sure it sounds great. Nice price for entry into that sound.

Geoff_T 21st August 2018 02:20 AM

Hi

It's so new we haven't had a chance to get our web guys to list it on the site. Basically it's part of our policy to provide several budget priced items that still retain our sound and quality and are made in North Hollywood like the rest of our gear.

So it is all class A, discrete transistor, our unique transformers, providing up to 80dB gain (86 with the output pot at maximum) and that pot turns right down to infinity so you can find the best spot to overdrive it.

It comes with three level LEDs at -20dBu, 0 VU and near clipping (+24dBu) because our unit still has a reserve but your A - D may be near digital clipping!

So we are releasing the GTP1 and soon will release the GTP2 and very soon some more surprises at the budget scale of our products.

Email me for more details....


Quote:

Originally Posted by Ari88 (Post 13478197)
Hi all,
There is no mention on Gearslutz of this product yet (Aurora Audio GTP1 and GTP2).

There are listings on vintage king and reverb but no info of the units on Aurora’s own website. Any one have any experience with these pres?


cheu78 21st August 2018 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff_T (Post 13478970)
Hi

It's so new we haven't had a chance to get our web guys to list it on the site. Basically it's part of our policy to provide several budget priced items that still retain or sound and quality and are made in North Hollywood like the rest of our gear.

So it is all class A, discrete transistor, our unique transformers, providing up to 80dB gain (86 with the output pot at maximum) and that pot turns right down to infinity so you can find the best spot to overdrive it.

It comes with three level LEDs at -20dBu, 0 VU and near clipping (+24dBu) because our unit still has a reserve but your A - D may be near digital clipping!

So we are releasing the GTP1 and soon will release the GTP2 and very soon some more surprises at the budget scale of our products.

Email me for more details....

Very nice Geoff! I'm sure a lot of ppl would be very happy with your new preamps (which are basically taken from the great GTP8 if I'm reading it right)..

can't wait for the new stuff..!

howdy

Cheu

Krush411 4th February 2019 06:42 AM

Any more feedback on this?

Geoff_T 4th February 2019 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krush411 (Post 13788999)
Any more feedback on this?


Hi

GTP1 GTP2 and GT500 pre should all be shipping this month.

jkthtyrt

Kronos147 5th February 2019 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff_T (Post 13790541)
Hi

GTP1 GTP2 and GT500 pre should all be shipping this month.

Congrats!

Love my GTP8's, GTQ2's, and GT4-2 EQ!



P.S. It's a good thing Carroll Shelby is no longer with us. GT500!?!?!!

Krush411 4th March 2019 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff_T (Post 13790541)
Hi

GTP1 GTP2 and GT500 pre should all be shipping this month.

jkthtyrt


Geoff, is there any plans to release a GTP1 with a high pass filter that is rackmount and not 500 series? I just put my gtp1 on ebay because I really need a hpf in the pre.

I'll get the 500 version if I have to but I can wait if a rack gtp1 with hpf is coming out some time soon!

Geoff_T 4th March 2019 05:52 AM

Hi

A GTP1 with a hpf is an idea for the future but it won't be happening in the near future.... i have other products in the queue. Maybe 2020?

The GT500 mic pre has a hpf.....



Quote:

Originally Posted by Krush411 (Post 13844791)
Geoff, is there any plans to release a GTP1 with a high pass filter that is rackmount and not 500 series? I just put my gtp1 on ebay because I really need a hpf in the pre.

I'll get the 500 version if I have to but I can wait if a rack gtp1 with hpf is coming out some time soon!