Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Music For Picture (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-for-picture/)
-   -   Licensequote alternatives? (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-for-picture/1226319-licensequote-alternatives.html)

JDatkinson 7th August 2018 03:37 PM

Licensequote alternatives?
 
I have been using licensequote.com on my website to direct license tracks, and just received notice that they will be shutting their doors.

Anyone have any comparable alternatives that they would recommend?

VitaEtMusica 7th August 2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDatkinson (Post 13458285)
I have been using licensequote.com on my website to direct license tracks, and just received notice that they will be shutting their doors.

Anyone have any comparable alternatives that they would recommend?

SourceAudio - The search and distribution platform for music licensing

salbinti 8th August 2018 06:22 AM

Hey - do these things actually work? Assuming your music is good enough, can you do ok with these types of companies? Do you need to do alot of legwork once you are set up, and hustle, or just keep writing and adding to your catalog?

Thanks!

VitaEtMusica 8th August 2018 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salbinti (Post 13459488)
Hey - do these things actually work? Assuming your music is good enough, can you do ok with these types of companies? Do you need to do alot of legwork once you are set up, and hustle, or just keep writing and adding to your catalog?

Thanks!

SourceAudio will host, distribute, act as storefront/shopping cart, and add search and tracking capability to your catalog. They do not market you or proactively sell your music. You can sign up (for a fee) for some of their distribution deals they've made... I think they have some stuff in place with Clear Channel. They can also track your music via YouTube Content ID.

So, no, you can't just add music and hope people somehow find your site. Well, I guess you can hope.

adigold1 17th August 2018 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDatkinson (Post 13458285)
I have been using licensequote.com on my website to direct license tracks, and just received notice that they will be shutting their doors.

Does anyone have any comparable alternatives that they would recommend?


Really sad news.. I've been working with LQ for 2 years now and it was amazing!
(AGsoundtrax-Stock Music Library)

Thinking of switching to Sourcaudio but there is no way to make watermarked audio files for preview downloading and also there isn't any way to embed their platform into your website which is really bad cause I dont really like their UI/design front page..

have anyone tried Tuen bud?

JDatkinson 18th August 2018 08:10 PM

I am considering Tune Bud as a possibility. Not sure.
SA is a little too rich for me at this point.

Desire Inspires 19th August 2018 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDatkinson (Post 13475799)
I am considering Tune Bud as a possibility. Not sure.
SA is a little too rich for me at this point.

yeah, go with tunebud.

JDatkinson 19th August 2018 09:32 PM

Nope. Went through most of their site today. Links that didn't make sense /work. Can't provide zip files to clients. Embedding in my current website could be a problem. Not feeling good about them. Sent my signup info in this morning, still no response. I am going to say they are out.

I am thinking of trying a new approach to my personal website.

musicindustry86 3rd January 2019 07:17 PM

You could also try out Synchtank - Software to manage and monetize your music assets which allows you to license your tracks directly. They also have a cheaper version of the platform for smaller companies/musicians at Soundgizmo. Hope that helps.

MikeHarper 29th January 2019 09:10 PM

I have sourceaudio its feature rich, but you have to spend 49 a month for commerce. and you have to get traffic to your site.
I have been trying ti get tunebud to work but they cant seem to get a simple subdomain to work.
i heard LQ is not dead yet maybe hope!

mikelong 5th February 2019 07:54 AM

Hey Guys (and Gals),

I wanted to let you know that LicenseQuote is back to business as usual. We had a rough patch last summer, but following some restructuring and partnerships, it's full steam ahead now.

Best Regards,
Mike Long
LicenseQuote.com

Desire Inspires 5th February 2019 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikelong (Post 13791242)
Hey Guys (and Gals),

I wanted to let you know that LicenseQuote is back to business as usual. We had a rough patch last summer, but following some restructuring and partnerships, it's full steam ahead now.

Best Regards,
Mike Long
LicenseQuote.com


What improvements have been made to benefit the composers?

composer94 29th October 2019 04:18 PM

Decided to sign up and give the new tune bud a go. It really looks the business, will keep you posted on progress. So far so good.