Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   New Products - Coming soon (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-products-coming-soon/)
-   -   Stam Audio SA76 ADG (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-products-coming-soon/1214300-stam-audio-sa76-adg.html)

joshuanaconda 4th May 2018 09:51 PM

Stam Audio SA76 ADG

Hello Guys,

I am happy to introduce to the forum the Stam Audio SA-76ADG.

https://i.imgur.com/7sR6WVH.jpg

Three completely independent 1176 compressors in one unit at the touch of a switch. The aggressive revision A, the magical revision D and the super clean revision G. Please note that each revision as it's own independent PCB and circuit therefor it respects the original schematic and sound 100%.

Sowter input transformer and Cinemag output transformer
Vishay capacitors and OHMITE resistors as always.

USD 499.00 first 100 to reserve
USD 599.00 pre-orders
USD 699.00 in stock
Ships End July

You can reserve on our site:
Stam Audio

PD: As long as the 499 price is displayed the first 100 is valid.

superwack 5th May 2018 12:31 AM

Awesome! Pre-ordered! rockout

adumbfish 5th May 2018 02:53 AM

pre-ordered here. Looking forward to this.

Jorock 5th May 2018 04:31 AM

Pre-ordered as well! And I guess I’m in the first 100 it is there supposed to be a confirmation email? I have not received anything since sending payment other than the PayPal confirmation

FlorianCWN 5th May 2018 07:54 AM

If the offer was available, you got it, Got mine ^^

bgood 5th May 2018 08:14 AM

Great concept

shoepedals 5th May 2018 02:43 PM

Such a good idea and a huge space saver if you want several flavors of 1176!

I never use those other two buttons anyway. Pre-ordered to check it out.

matucha 5th May 2018 03:40 PM

What happens when you press all ADG buttons at once? Tripple compression? ;)

imaginaryday 5th May 2018 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matucha (Post 13299135)
What happens when you press all ADG buttons at once?

you get $50.00 back cooge

shoepedals 5th May 2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

All buttons in...all impedance issues present.

ttattwa 5th May 2018 04:10 PM

Quote:

Good question, I am sure that these 3 buttons are exclusive, meaning that if you press one the other ones pop out unpressed automatically.

But the real question is if changing models on the go is going to work flawlessly, and silently, or not.

You are basically changing pcb+circuit each time you press the button, and these are 3 buttons that are going to be pressed A LOT, because once you have the compressor set, it will be really cool to just change from bluestripe to blackface and see what works best for a given application.

So my desire is that switching models is reliable, works silently (no weird pop noises in each change), and can pass the test of time without screwing up the product (meaning that these buttons are going to be used a lot so they have to last and work well.)

It is also important that when changing from one revision to the other, all levels are consistent, so you don't have volume drop or bump that would make any comparison between revisions on the fly unusable.

The waves CLA plugin, for example, let's you change from A to D as well at the press of a button, and everything is level matched so you can CLEARLY see which revision you like for that specific track. That's what I want from the SA76 ADG, and I hope Josh and his team deliver.

I would also like that they make it by default for everyone with the normal slow-fast attack and release knobs that everybody knows from all clones and the originals, to avoid any confusion (as it happened with their SA76).

A question for Josh: when the SA76 bluestripe was introduced you also said July shipments, but it took almost a year to ship them out (people are receiving their units in the last weeks). If I am not wrong you have improved your lead time accuracy in 2018, and that's why I started buying stuff from you, so is the July '18 shipment date for all of us who just preordered the SA76 ADG solid and accurate?

My 1073mpa and SA-2A got delayed so that's why I ask.

orco 5th May 2018 06:19 PM

Why is the PayPal check out fee total 200 dollars

I am a little worried

Please advise

the fxs 5th May 2018 06:31 PM

thats the deposit. you will pay the rest once the unit ist built and ready to ship.

orco 6th May 2018 01:27 AM

200 dollars deposit and then what total to pay

Seems like a trap

joshuanaconda 6th May 2018 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orco (Post 13300033)
200 dollars deposit and then what total to pay

Seems like a trap

It is, be careful! kfhkh

doom64 6th May 2018 05:40 AM

You know what I like the best? That the OFF button is red. :lol:

bgood 6th May 2018 06:38 AM

I really really wish Josh would partner with someone in the states and maybe another in the EU... If nothing else but for order fulfillment and bad order unit returns.

drumrec.com 6th May 2018 12:30 PM

Pre-ordered one. Looking forward to this beauty freshflowe

KR
Håkan

zinzin 6th May 2018 01:06 PM

if i order 2 do i have to pay shipping twice?

orco 6th May 2018 02:05 PM

How much to pay after the initial 200 dollars please.

Thanks.

joshuanaconda 6th May 2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doom64 (Post 13300247)
You know what I like the best? That the OFF button is red. :lol:

There is a reason why is red!

Lookup revision G

joshuanaconda 6th May 2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orco (Post 13300657)
How much to pay after the initial 200 dollars please.

Thanks.

It is very clear on the site my friend.

499 - 200 (shipping is not included)

joshuanaconda 6th May 2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinzin (Post 13300592)
if i order 2 do i have to pay shipping twice?

No sir, just once and it goes down from 105 one unit to 160 2 units, so the second one is just 55 dollars

joshuanaconda 6th May 2018 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgood (Post 13300286)
I really really wish Josh would partner with someone in the states and maybe another in the EU... If nothing else but for order fulfillment and bad order unit returns.

We already have that in place

In the rare case that a unit fails you can return it to our tech in CA and after fixing it we sell it as B stock.

We are very fortunate to say that we have had only 2 units returned in 5 years (after thousands of them shipped to the US).

Funkybot 6th May 2018 05:15 PM

In on the first 100! I've already got an SA-2A and an SA-73, now I've got an SA-73EQ and SA-76 on the way. Going to end up with a lot of Stam gear in my home studio. kfhkh

Just hope the turnaround times improve compared to the 13-month wait for the SA-73. I'll expect long delays but hope for none.

zinzin 6th May 2018 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshuanaconda (Post 13300800)
No sir, just once and it goes down from 105 one unit to 160 2 units, so the second one is just 55 dollars

sounds sweet. and for shure no taxes to italy?

joshuanaconda 6th May 2018 05:19 PM

Every European country pays VAT
However, we are working with an Italian distributor soon, maybe we will have them in stock in Rome.
Price of course will not be the same
Thanks

Ol' Betsey 6th May 2018 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinzin (Post 13300958)
sounds sweet. and for shure no taxes to italy?

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshuanaconda (Post 13300965)
However, we are working with an Italian distributor soon, maybe we will have them in stock in Rome.
Thanks

There will definitely be taxes. Import Duty and VAT. That's just the way it is when ordering from outside the EU but the "direct" prices are very good and that has to be a consideration.

zinzin 6th May 2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshuanaconda (Post 13300965)
Thanks

i am asking because on your homepage you write that chile has an agreement with the EU when importing with no taxes. so do i have to pay import duties or not? or maybe i am confusing things right now. i am a private person and no company. so, the 499$ are without taxes? do i have to add to that the italian VAT and import duties?

joshuanaconda 6th May 2018 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinzin (Post 13301020)
i am asking because on your homepage you write that chile has an agreement with the EU when importing with no taxes. so do i have to pay import duties or not? or maybe i am confusing things right now. i am a private person and no company. so, the 499$ are without taxes?

Hello

That only applies to distributor orders or companies.

You will have to pay VAT