Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/)
-   -   Tanzbar 2 (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/1214164-tanzbar-2-a.html)

v00d00ppl 3rd May 2018 08:53 PM

Tanzbar 2

Any news on this new drum machine?

NuG3nda 3rd May 2018 11:02 PM

did not see this one comming ... What a super superbooth this year

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qVKJBg6Oq...2-1200x640.jpg

Need to give credit /promotion to MATRIXSYNTH for being first as so often

Looking forward to more info !!

boing boingboing boingboingboingboing

https://i.imgur.com/Y5kSzTe.gif

re5etuk 4th May 2018 02:53 AM

I'm sure it'll be good but club seems to have some issues and it's probably simpler .
I'm a little more cautious in buying things from developers that still have issues that linger on recent releases (. Thinking of elektron mostly).

I'm aware that forums can amplify issues and this seems to compare well with the new jomox box.

whj 4th May 2018 03:12 AM

If I was still in Berlin I could have a play on one. So annoying. I might have to sell my Rytm for one of these.

piratejazz 4th May 2018 03:37 AM

No one with any info yet? I'll try and find some stuff out - new features and price point.

v00d00ppl 4th May 2018 04:49 AM

MFB

MFB
MFB

Jean Fricke and his dad Manfred present a new drum instrument at Superbooth 2018. – The Tanzbär 2. It features analog as well as digital voices. Besides drum generators, there are three sample players and a FM synthesizer voice. On top of that, there is a multi-track step sequencer with classic layout. A pattern can be up to 64 steps long. Each track can have a different length. Thus, polyrhythmic results can be easily created.

MFB_2

In detail, the Tanzbär 2 features the following instruments:

Two kick voices
Two snares
Three toms / congas
Three sample voices
Two crash variations
Closed hi-hat
Open hi-hat
Clap / Perc 1
Rim / Perc 2
Ride / Perc 3
The second generation of the Tanzbär will be available in summer 2018. The price will be 980 Euro (including 19% VAT).

In other news: MFB also shows some new modules at Superbooth 2018. – All circuits will be available soon, the price per product will be less than 100 Euro. In detail, the following modules were announced:

VCO / DCO – An audio generator with switchable core (analog / digital)
ADSR – An envelope with voltage controllable parameter and loop function
Visual VCA – Combines a VCA and an oscilloscope
24 dB VCF SSI – A filter, based on the circuit design of Korg’s Monopoly.

piratejazz 4th May 2018 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v00d00ppl (Post 13296025)
MFB

MFB
MFB

Jean Fricke and his dad Manfred present a new drum instrument at Superbooth 2018. – The Tanzbär 2. It features analog as well as digital voices. Besides drum generators, there are three sample players and a FM synthesizer voice. On top of that, there is a multi-track step sequencer with classic layout. A pattern can be up to 64 steps long. Each track can have a different length. Thus, polyrhythmic results can be easily created.

MFB_2

In detail, the Tanzbär 2 features the following instruments:

Two kick voices
Two snares
Three toms / congas
Three sample voices
Two crash variations
Closed hi-hat
Open hi-hat
Clap / Perc 1
Rim / Perc 2
Ride / Perc 3
The second generation of the Tanzbär will be available in summer 2018. The price will be 980 Euro (including 19% VAT).

In other news: MFB also shows some new modules at Superbooth 2018. – All circuits will be available soon, the price per product will be less than 100 Euro. In detail, the following modules were announced:

VCO / DCO – An audio generator with switchable core (analog / digital)
ADSR – An envelope with voltage controllable parameter and loop function
Visual VCA – Combines a VCA and an oscilloscope
24 dB VCF SSI – A filter, based on the circuit design of Korg’s Monopoly.

Sounds pretty great!

empirix 4th May 2018 08:11 AM

serious consideration to this, big fan of the current Tanzbar

redloheb 4th May 2018 08:23 AM

YES YES YES jummpp jummpp jummpp jummpp jummpp jummpp
Haven't expected that

ArtFluids 4th May 2018 09:59 AM

Alekto 4th May 2018 10:19 AM

Noooiiiiccceeeee

Hokut 4th May 2018 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtFluids (Post 13296356)

so what I can get from this video is that it is a 3 voices virtual german speech synthesizer... Cool! (JK :))

zawinul 4th May 2018 11:03 AM

Worst demo ever what does it ****ing sound like?

Praxisaxis 4th May 2018 11:32 AM

This is what the Youtube X2 speed feature is for.

battyroy 4th May 2018 12:25 PM

Looks great but seeing how most MFB products are iffy at release, remains to see how well it performs.

flextone 4th May 2018 12:39 PM

Never been a huge fan of the original sound but MFB seem to be the only company around who get drum machines right at the moment. With the added sample voices and a feature rich sequencer this is a blow for Jomox, and at almost half the price of the alpha base, puhhh. Hope the sounds don't disappoint, but I doubt they will.

PLEASE DROP THE BLUE COLOR SCHEME!

wagoo 4th May 2018 01:08 PM

Deleted b6e9904 4th May 2018 01:50 PM

Even though i’m a native English speaker, i’d like to see panel legending in German. I think it’d suit it better. Make it more Kraftwerky. Anyone else? If I bought one in Germany, would it be like this or are they all in English everywhere?

wagoo 4th May 2018 02:20 PM

The technical terminology has become fairly universal I'd think. You don't get synths covered in Japanese in Japan

piratejazz 4th May 2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flextone (Post 13296606)

I'm feeling the blue

Deleted b6e9904 4th May 2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wagoo (Post 13296753)
The technical terminology has become fairly universal I'd think. You don't get synths covered in Japanese in Japan

That would be amazing!

wagoo 4th May 2018 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deleted b6e9904 (Post 13296941)
That would be amazing!

If SynthGraphics weren't dead they could make a killing selling you overlays in various languages gooof

Deleted b6e9904 4th May 2018 04:10 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

PES 4th May 2018 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flextone (Post 13296606)

I think it looks -great-! :) Something a little RM1x-y about it, groovebox era.

jimknopf 4th May 2018 06:24 PM

This is one of the drum boxes that will give me alternatives to depending on Elektron gear too much.

It seems to sound great, and it looks great to me.
PLEASE KEEP THE BLUE COLOR SCHEME! :-)

The only critical point is the sequencer UI: it simply has to be better than before to succeed.

Pag the LIVR 4th May 2018 07:23 PM

Maybe someone could ask them if the screen could be replaced by an OLED one?

Maffez 5th May 2018 08:07 AM

Direct audio

YouTube

TRSC 16th July 2018 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maffez (Post 13298593)
Direct audio

YouTube

Love it!kfhkh

Maffez 17th July 2018 03:19 PM

August is coming - curious about the final unit ... :)

TRSC 17th July 2018 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maffez (Post 13423638)
August is coming - curious about the final unit ... :)

I believe Manfred said end of August? Regardless, I believe it will be worth the wait.kfhkh

Thankfully many people like the blue color scheme so it will surely stay despite some irrelevant haters whining about it.