Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Product Alerts older than 2 months (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/)
-   -   Wavesfactory releases Spectre Multi-band Enhancer Plug-in (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/1199058-wavesfactory-releases-spectre-multi-band-enhancer-plug.html)

The Press Desk 25th January 2018 02:30 PM

Wavesfactory releases Spectre Multi-band Enhancer Plug-in

1 Attachment(s)

Wavesfactory Announce Spectre Multi-band Enhancer Plug-in

Wavesfactory, creators of innovative plug-ins and Kontakt instruments, announce Spectre, a multi-band enhancer plug-in.

Spectre is a sound-shaping tool that combines the best features of a boosting parametric equaliser coupled with a multi-band enhancer. Spectre enables the user to introduce harmonic content from a variety of algorithms based on classic recording hardware. Adjust any of the five bands to add the audio process to just one or up to five bands, with adjustable Q the effect can go from broad to razor sharp. Spectre can be used on individual tracks, sub-mixes, the entire mix and is ideal for mastering.

Why The Name Spectre?

Spectre does not work like a conventional equalizer, they cut or boost the volume of a band based on the audio being presented. Spectre introduces harmonic content that was not in the original recording, bringing colour and life to the sound not possible with a conventional EQ, this ability to offer almost phantom content across the audio spectrum led us to the name Spectre.

Features

Enhancer / Exciter with five parallel boost-only parametric bands (Low Shelf, 3 Peak, High Shelf) with the workflow of a graphical equaliser with frequency, Q and gain parameters for each band.

Spectre is more versatile than a simple enhancer as you can choose from eight different saturation algorithms to get different colours:
  • Tube
  • Tape
  • Solid
  • Warm Tube
  • Class A
  • Diode
  • Bit
  • Digital
  • Additional "clean" channel that converts Spectre in a parallel boosting EQ

Optional 4x and 16x oversampling modes offer pristine quality with no aliasing even with aggressive settings.

Spectre can process mono/stereo signals, only left or right, mid or side channels.

System Requirements: Mac and Windows (AAX / VST / AU), 32 and 64 bit.

Price and Shipping

Regular price: €99.
Intro price: €69 ends March 8th.
Release date: February 21st.

For more information please visit: Spectre - Multi-band Enhancer Plug-in AAX/AU/VST - Wavesfactory

Todd Loomis 26th January 2018 01:44 AM

Interesting idea... reminds me a bit of the idea behind "Quadrafuzz" by Steinberg... Looking forward to actually hearing it... or demo-ing?

wavesfactory 21st February 2018 05:12 PM

Wavesfactory releases 'Spectre' - Multi-band enhancer (VST/AU/AAX)

https://www.wavesfactory.com/wp-cont...e_beauty01.png

Spectre is a sound-shaping tool that combines the best features of an enhancer coupled with a graphical parametric equalizer. Spectre only processes the difference between the input signal and the EQ signal, introducing harmonic content to just the part of the spectrum that you want from a variety of saturation algorithms based on classic recording hardware including:
  • Tube
  • Warm Tube
  • Solid
  • Tape
  • Class B
  • Diode
  • Digital
  • Bit

Adjust any of the five bands to add the audio process to just one or up to five bands, with adjustable Q the effect can go from broad to razor sharp.

Spectre can be used on individual tracks, sub-mixes, the master bus and is ideal for mastering.

HOW IT WORKS:
Spectre process the incoming audio with a five parallel band EQ, it extracts the difference between this signal and the dry input and process it through one of the eight saturation algorithms included, then it mixes it back with the dry signal. The result is a signal with character, full of color, with bigger and warmer low frequencies, shiny shimmering highs and powerful mids that any other processor just can’t give you.

MORE FEATURES:
Optional 4x and 16x oversampling modes offer pristine audio quality with no aliasing even with aggressive settings.
With 3 saturation modes: subtle, medium and aggressive you have a quick way of warming up your tracks. Adjust the harmonics with the input and output volume parameters for a more precise control over your music.
Spectre can process:
  • Mono and Stereo signals.
  • Left or Right channels only.
  • Mid / Side channels only.
When we say it’s the ultimate enhancer we really mean it.

WHAT THE PROS SAY:
https://www.wavesfactory.com/wp-cont...s_westling.jpg

DEMOS AND PRICE:
Available for Mac and Windows (32 / 64 bit) in VST, AU and AAX plug-in formats.
Demo versions also available for Mac and Windows.
Demo limitations: noise bursts every 45 seconds, parameters and presets not saved.

Regular price: €99.
Intro price: €69 until March, 8th.

Available here: www.wavesfactory.com/spectre

https://www.wavesfactory.com/wp-cont...ds/Spectre.png

Squeegee 303 21st February 2018 05:35 PM

I already own Waves Vitamin. It will be interesting to compare the two.

b15fliptop 21st February 2018 07:25 PM

Trying the demo now. Great stuff! I’ve wanted something like this for a long time.

b0se 21st February 2018 08:55 PM

Absolutely love this plugin. Killer on the mixbus!

Macaroni 22nd February 2018 07:58 AM

What exactly are the demo limitations? I hear a pink noise every now and then but it's not consistent.

kaner 22nd February 2018 09:33 AM

Type of saturation is global and not per band...just lost my interest in this plugin.

wavesfactory 22nd February 2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 (Post 13155378)
I already own Waves Vitamin. It will be interesting to compare the two.

Please, do it :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by b15fliptop (Post 13155688)
Trying the demo now. Great stuff! I’ve wanted something like this for a long time.

Great to hear!

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0se (Post 13155909)
Absolutely love this plugin. Killer on the mixbus!

I agree, it's great for warming up the final mix exactly where it's needed. Even using it as a stereo enhancer by boosting the high frequencies only on the sides.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macaroni (Post 13156937)
What exactly are the demo limitations? I hear a pink noise every now and then but it's not consistent.

Noise bursts every 45 seconds, parameters not recalled when saving a project and presets saving disabled.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaner (Post 13157009)
Type of saturation is global and not per band...just lost my interest in this plugin.

This has been the #1 request since the plugin came out two days ago and I'll definitely implement this.

macfrans 22nd February 2018 04:21 PM

How does this compare to FabFilter's Saturn? That has bands and several saturation/distortion techniques like Tape,Tube etc as well. And one can even select the type of saturation per band which is hitherto only promised by the dev ( Nice quick response there from Mallorca). Saturn uses bands in stead of the variable Q bell-shapes here but you can set the width of each band as well.. Anyone tried both on some material? I will have time to do so maybe in the weekend.

greenroom 22nd February 2018 04:55 PM

Resizable ?

b0se 22nd February 2018 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfrans (Post 13157456)
How does this compare to FabFilter's Saturn? That has bands and several saturation/distortion techniques like Tape,Tube etc as well. And one can even select the type of saturation per band which is hitherto only promised by the dev ( Nice quick response there from Mallorca). Saturn uses bands in stead of the variable Q bell-shapes here but you can set the width of each band as well.. Anyone tried both on some material? I will have time to do so maybe in the weekend.

They're complimentary. Saturn is more versatile as a distortion tool and can be used for complete destruction in multiple ways. When I think Saturn, I think distortion.

Spectre is (in most cases) more subtle in its approach (although it can be used to mess signals up). I tend to think of it as a tone/colour EQ.

Give it a pop, the only way, you may find different uses :¬)

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenroom (Post 13157518)
Resizable ?

Nope. Retina friendly though.

unr 22nd February 2018 05:04 PM

So is it maybe similar to TDR Slick EQ with Saturation on?

b0se 22nd February 2018 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unr (Post 13157529)
So is it maybe similar to TDR Slick EQ with Saturation on?

No, Spectre has far more saturation/distortion possibilities. It's already one of my top 5 plugins, I'd not want to be without it.

cantmix304 22nd February 2018 06:20 PM

Hi Wavesfactory,

Do you have an eta on the implementation of per-band saturation choice? If it's soon I'll definitely pick this up while it's on sale.

Henrik Hjortnaes 22nd February 2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenroom (Post 13157518)
Resizable ?

Would love this to be true. A simple x2 would help a lot, as the plugin GUI is so small here (2560x1440) using stupid Windows 10 OS + Pro Tools.

Henrik Hjortnaes 22nd February 2018 06:47 PM

Mid/Side is global and not per band. Maybe it is too much to ask, but it would be useful :)

Henrik Hjortnaes 22nd February 2018 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0se (Post 13157535)
It's already one of my top 5 plugins, I'd not want to be without it.

b0se, with your obvious obse..<cough> passion ... for new plugins, your list should be more like top 200! :lol:

b0se 22nd February 2018 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henrik Hjortnaes (Post 13157730)
b0se, with your obvious obse..<cough> passion ... for new plugins, your list should be more like top 200! :lol:

Haha! Truth! Companies need to stop releasing such good stuff cooge

Azure, Ruby, Gullfoss and Spectre this year already. Crazy. Latter three are especially good.

profvonsok 22nd February 2018 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0se (Post 13157535)
No, Spectre has far more saturation/distortion possibilities. It's already one of my top 5 plugins, I'd not want to be without it.

Damn you for making me demo this and buy it!!! :lol:

b0se 22nd February 2018 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by profvonsok (Post 13157917)
Damn you for making me demo this and buy it!!! :lol:

:lol:

It works well in a series too. As an example, the mixbus on the electronic track I'm working on at the moment:

Spectre (grunt work of the EQ) > Ruby (win) > VSC-2 (tighten and pump) > Spectre (broad EQ: Mastering - Dance as the starting point).

So good.

Henrik Hjortnaes 22nd February 2018 10:55 PM

Having white-noise demo versions of Spectre on, say, 8 tracks, while evaluating, sure makes for one hell of a confusing ride https://i.imgur.com/lkGW3mZ.gif

profvonsok 22nd February 2018 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henrik Hjortnaes (Post 13158207)
Having white-noise demo versions of Spectre on, say, 8 tracks, while evaluating, sure makes for one hell of a confusing ride https://i.imgur.com/lkGW3mZ.gif

Yes the demo limitations are frustrating. Fortunately, I was able to tell pretty quickly that it would a very useful tool for me. It will be even better when per band distortion type get's implemented. Looking forward to that!

b0se 22nd February 2018 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henrik Hjortnaes (Post 13158207)

Those noise bursts scared the **** out of my trying-to-sleep cat (every time) :cowbell:

Henrik Hjortnaes 22nd February 2018 11:46 PM

I have spent some hours comparing Spectre to my current equalizers, exiters and saturators on different source material. My head is about to explode with white noise, but I made it.

Spectre is not the same as the others! :) Maybe not a surprise, but it's good to just ignore rumors and promotional videos and do some tests on my own. I'm glad to report that I quite like what Spectre is doing and how easy it operates. Good job, Jesus / @ wavesfactory ! https://i.imgur.com/suZn4bX.gif

Beatworld 23rd February 2018 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henrik Hjortnaes (Post 13158313)
I have spent some hours comparing Spectre to my current equalizers, exiters and saturators on different source material. My head is about to explode with white noise, but I made it.

Spectre is not the same as the others! :) Maybe not a surprise, but it's good to just ignore rumors and promotional videos and do some tests on my own. I'm glad to report that I quite like what Spectre is doing and how easy it operates. Good job, Jesus / @ wavesfactory ! https://i.imgur.com/suZn4bX.gif

There is no escaping the fact that there is a lot to like about Spectre.
I got the demo with great hesitation because, like you Henrik, I have more eqs, saturators, tape emulations etc than you can poke a stick and really did not think I could possible need another one.....

But with Spectre set up to my liking on the stereo buss in mastering sessions, there is GREAT disappointment when I bypass it.
Liking the Tape colour a lot.

Great work Wavesfactory kfhkh

z-plane 23rd February 2018 01:53 PM

Mastering would also benefit from a saturation-only mode, adding harmonics to a flat or previously attenuated area without the EQ boost.
Actually if it could also cut while adding harmonics (not inverted polarity, though) it'd tackle some jobs that no other single plug-in can do.

jsblack 23rd February 2018 02:20 PM

Hey BOse, my wallet doesn't thank you for having pointed me out to Spectre and Gullfoss shiee

b0se 23rd February 2018 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsblack (Post 13159375)
Hey BOse, my wallet doesn't thank you for having pointed me out to Spectre and Gullfoss shiee

kfhkh

profvonsok 23rd February 2018 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsblack (Post 13159375)

He got me with both of those 2. MF'er must be working on commission!!