Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Music Computers (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/)
-   -   DSP— Apollo AND SoundGrid? (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/1190449-dsp-apollo-soundgrid.html)

eljohnny22 1st December 2017 12:23 AM

DSP— Apollo AND SoundGrid?
 
I use both UAD and Waves plugins. I like some from Waves, and others from UAD. I do not want to use only one company.

Currently, I use the Apollo as my main interface and use it's DSP to handle UAD plugins. My Waves plugins run off the internal CPU. Would it be possible to add on a SoundGrid system solely to provide extra DSP for the Waves plugins, while still using the Apollo as the main i/o and UAD DSP?

In other words, can UAD and Waves DSP systems coexist in the same DAW?

Does the SoundGrid require you to use it as the main i/o, or can it be used purely for its DSP?

This all stems from the fact that the Apollo can only handle a couple dozen plugins before maxing out, which I'm sorely underwhelmed by. For larger sessions, it seems the only real option is expansive DSP solutions.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!!

Reverb 1st December 2017 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eljohnny22 (Post 12990876)
I use both UAD and Waves plugins. I like some from Waves, and others from UAD. I do not want to use only one company.

Currently, I use the Apollo as my main interface and use it's DSP to handle UAD plugins. My Waves plugins run off the internal CPU. Would it be possible to add on a SoundGrid system solely to provide extra DSP for the Waves plugins, while still using the Apollo as the main i/o and UAD DSP?

In other words, can UAD and Waves DSP systems coexist in the same DAW?

Does the SoundGrid require you to use it as the main i/o, or can it be used purely for its DSP?

This all stems from the fact that the Apollo can only handle a couple dozen plugins before maxing out, which I'm sorely underwhelmed by. For larger sessions, it seems the only real option is expansive DSP solutions.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!!

Email their support - they're quick to answer

Alndln 1st December 2017 02:22 AM

Soundgrid uses ethernet and different DSP so it shouldn't be a problem.

simon.billington 5th December 2017 12:36 PM

I don’t own either of these, but I had a brief conversation with a mate who has a SoundGrid about this scenario. We seem to be in agreeable that , in theory, they should run along side each other, even connected to the same machine, since they would both have their own infrastructures.

With the Apollo set up as the I/O, whenever you run a UAD plugin it would leverage that particular DSP, and when you run anything on SoundGrid it should leverage that DSP, quite possibly without any sort of conflict.

In theory, of course. Hopefully reality won’t turn out to be much different.

strojo 5th December 2017 12:53 PM

Shouldn't be a problem for them to coexist.

Soundgrid uses an app that essentially only needs you to use one insert in your DAW (the Soundgrid "app"), which points to their Soundgrid software. The SG software allows you to create chains of effects (up to eight plugins per chain if I remember correctly), so you won't be chewing up insert slots in your DAW (leaving them for your UAD plugs). From there, SG can either use your PC for processing or offload it to one of their SG server products for processing.

The solution is rock solid and elegant in its (relative) simplicity.

Synetos 21st January 2018 06:35 PM

Here is another option:

Soundgrid Studio will let you connect multiple DAW machines, and multiple I/O devices. You setup your DAW to run with Soundgrid ASIO driver, and they all talk.
You can patch any IO (physical or software) you want, in any way you want.

Here is an example of what I did.

I have my main DAW running soundgrid studio. I have the soundgrid driver running on another machine. In this case, they are both running Cubase, but they could run any daw or plugin host software and still be setup to talk to one another.

On my main Cubase DAW, I created an External Effect. I route it out of my main DAW and into my second daw machine, and then back into my DAW. I basically just created an external FX rack.

This matters, because I can now insert that internal External FX plug into a audio channel or an FX channel and run any effect I want. This is sort of like waves multirack concept, but now I am not limited to waves plugs.

In my setup, the FX Loop adds 3ms of RT latency (plus plug latency), according to Cubase. But...i get delay compensation now in Cubase.

I also own the DigiGrid IOS, and it works great for what it does. But, it limits me to Waves plugs. Using the Soundgrid ASIO driver the way I described opens up additional options for offloading none Waves plugs.

submarin 19th March 2018 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synetos (Post 13086634)
Here is another option:

Soundgrid Studio will let you connect multiple DAW machines, and multiple I/O devices. You setup your DAW to run with Soundgrid ASIO driver, and they all talk.
You can patch any IO (physical or software) you want, in any way you want.

Here is an example of what I did.

I have my main DAW running soundgrid studio. I have the soundgrid driver running on another machine. In this case, they are both running Cubase, but they could run any daw or plugin host software and still be setup to talk to one another.

On my main Cubase DAW, I created an External Effect. I route it out of my main DAW and into my second daw machine, and then back into my DAW. I basically just created an external FX rack.

This matters, because I can now insert that internal External FX plug into a audio channel or an FX channel and run any effect I want. This is sort of like waves multirack concept, but now I am not limited to waves plugs.

In my setup, the FX Loop adds 3ms of RT latency (plus plug latency), according to Cubase. But...i get delay compensation now in Cubase.

I also own the DigiGrid IOS, and it works great for what it does. But, it limits me to Waves plugs. Using the Soundgrid ASIO driver the way I described opens up additional options for offloading none Waves plugs.


Hi I was looking for an IOX as my main interface,
since I´m using RME PCIe cards for years I´m very spoiled in terms of latency especially playing VI´s!

I´m also on Cubase on Win though, can you tell me if you can easily run like a 128 buffersize and play a piano plug in in real time with minimal latency?

Thanks!
submarin

Synetos 19th March 2018 08:10 PM

I am currently running with just the IOS at 96kHz/32bit at 128 samples. My RT latency is 4.833ms.
It drops to 3.5ms if i do 64 samples. If I change it to 48kHz it is 8.334ms at 128 samples and 5.667ms at 64samples.

I have no problem playing any VST instruments, even at the higher latency numbers.

I have an IOX arriving tomorrow, to expand my I/O. I totally got rid of all my other interfaces. RME was nice, but it is gone. I also sold all my preamps. I am purely DigiGrid now, and loving it.

For me, the Soundgrid driver has been rock solid. I guess some find it complex to wrap their head around the patching initially. If you are use to RME, you shouldnt have any issue at all.

I do think many people get hung up on the marketing hype for low latency, and think it is only good if you have the DSP server. While the DSP server aspect of the IOS is helpful, it is by far not the most powerful aspect of the setup. To me, it is the driver, and the ability to link all kinds of systems together as one unit. Granted, i simplified mine over the last month, but not because i needed to. I just wanted to go all "in-the-box" and have mic pre's I could control when I am tracking myself, or when I am in my control room working with another artist.

submarin 19th March 2018 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synetos (Post 13208765)
I am currently running with just the IOS at 96kHz/32bit at 128 samples. My RT latency is 4.833ms.
It drops to 3.5ms if i do 64 samples. If I change it to 48kHz it is 8.334ms at 128 samples and 5.667ms at 64samples.

I have no problem playing any VST instruments, even at the higher latency numbers.

I have an IOX arriving tomorrow, to expand my I/O. I totally got rid of all my other interfaces. RME was nice, but it is gone. I also sold all my preamps. I am purely DigiGrid now, and loving it.

For me, the Soundgrid driver has been rock solid. I guess some find it complex to wrap their head around the patching initially. If you are use to RME, you shouldnt have any issue at all.

I do think many people get hung up on the marketing hype for low latency, and think it is only good if you have the DSP server. While the DSP server aspect of the IOS is helpful, it is by far not the most powerful aspect of the setup. To me, it is the driver, and the ability to link all kinds of systems together as one unit. Granted, i simplified mine over the last month, but not because i needed to. I just wanted to go all "in-the-box" and have mic pre's I could control when I am tracking myself, or when I am in my control room working with another artist.

Thank you so much for that quick answer!!

That sounds really amazing, I think I´m gonna pull the trigger on that..
I know that the conversion and the preamps are really good, a friend of mine works for Digico..

What I heard is only one drawback for me as a Windows user, is that there´s no WDM drivers for it, so I can´t hear audio for example out of a browser..
have to find a workaround for that..

Synetos 19th March 2018 09:01 PM

Sure thing!

Yup. I think the pre's are nice and clean and quiet. That is just what I wanted. I color them inside the box to get the sound I want, depending on the application. There are many options to do that now. I am not a purest when it comes to hardware. I had Tube pre's and I am not interested in that path anymore. I just want to be low noise and clean, with good conversion. Digigrid sounds just fine to my ears.

I suppose the WDM driver is a limitation for some. I use a Dangerous Source for my studio speakers and headphones, so i just run the USB audio connection on my DAW through the source. Works great. You could also use your RME for that, or onboard sound card if you have it.

I am very happy with my setup. I am sure there are many who are happy with what they are running to. I was happy with my RME cards, too. Technology has evolved, and I am too, I guess.

For the record, I am not trying to sound like a Waves/DigiGrid fanboy, but i just honestly really like my setup.

submarin 19th March 2018 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synetos (Post 13208861)
Sure thing!

Yup. I think the pre's are nice and clean and quiet. That is just what I wanted. I color them inside the box to get the sound I want, depending on the application. There are many options to do that now. I am not a purest when it comes to hardware. I had Tube pre's and I am not interested in that path anymore. I just want to be low noise and clean, with good conversion. Digigrid sounds just fine to my ears.

I suppose the WDM driver is a limitation for some. I use a Dangerous Source for my studio speakers and headphones, so i just run the USB audio connection on my DAW through the source. Works great. You could also use your RME for that, or onboard sound card if you have it.

I am very happy with my setup. I am sure there are many who are happy with what they are running to. I was happy with my RME cards, too. Technology has evolved, and I am too, I guess.

For the record, I am not trying to sound like a Waves/DigiGrid fanboy, but i just honestly really like my setup.

I just checked the Soundgrid page and there it says:

What you can do with the WDM and Core Audio Sound engine:
Stream up to 8 channels to the driver’s outputs 1-8 in parallel to the ASIO streams
Play back and record from media players, browsers, games, chat applications


So it can do that as well!!

It´s really ok to be a fan of a good product, so am I!!

cheers and thanks again!

submarin 19th March 2018 09:35 PM

One more thing I discovered,
you can´t render offline when using the server to offload plug ins.. thats a bummer..

Synetos 20th March 2018 02:52 AM

Well, It isnt too hard to flip StudioRack back to Local Host for that situation. Certainly not a deal breaker. It is one checkbox. About as difficult as soloing a track. :)

Druexexpression 20th March 2018 09:25 AM

Hey Synetos,

I am also considering purchasing the Digigrid IOS and have a question. Will I need a monitor controller to attenuate/control my speakers??. I noticed the IOS doesn't have a monitor pot/knob. Can I control the monitors internally via software?? Or will I blow my speakers to ashes without a dedicated monitor controller??

Synetos 20th March 2018 01:06 PM

Well, that depends. If you use the mixer built in to the IOS, you have main control there. I control mine in my DAW, then AES outputs into my Dangerous Source. I do not use the IOS mixer in my setup at all, actually. So, I do have a monitor POT I guess, but not needed. Of course, I also have software to control my JBL studio speakers, too. It is really going to depend on your setup.

simon.billington 22nd March 2018 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synetos (Post 13209503)
Well, It isnt too hard to flip StudioRack back to Local Host for that situation. Certainly not a deal breaker. It is one checkbox. About as difficult as soloing a track. :)

Yeah that’s the beauty I find with the way they implemented the StudioRack.

Although I wish it were implemented on a per plugin basis in a way. As you stare at your insert slots in the DAW it doesn’t really tell you what plugin you’ve used and where at a glance, it just lists StudioRack, which isn’t really helpful. You have to physically open up each plugin to recall what you have used and where.

Not a deal breaker of course. If they incopersted the tech into every plugin, then you can insert the plugin as per normal and have it run off the Grid, yet still have the option to run the StudioRack channel strip if you wish.

Although, I wouldn’t mind a Mix knob on each of the StudioRack slots for easy parallel processing.

Just a thought.

submarin 23rd May 2018 01:49 AM

A friend brought me an IOX over in my studio and I was testing it for some days,
and it behaves really well, roundtrip latency is a little higher than RME but still very usable.

I think I´ll have to go with it!

BTW the sound of the IOX is just so much better than the RME stuff..

mattrixx 23rd May 2018 12:55 PM

Thanks for all the info here guys.. It's been enlightening and has answered a few questions that I haven't been able to fathom through all the marketing hype etc.

I'm also an RME guy and have been using Totalmix for all my monitor controlling etc too. (Monitor switching, from Stereo though to 5.1 and T/B control etc etc.)

I wonder how a combination of RME and SG would work.

Synetos 23rd May 2018 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattrixx (Post 13332860)
I wonder how a combination of RME and SG would work.

It works flawlessly. I had an RME Raydat integrated into my SoundGrid system when I first bought the IOS.

The power of this system is the SoundGrid Studio Driver. Of course the I/O devices are awesome too. But, I can link up different DAW's, interfaces, etc. They all can be integrated into one big giant interface. It is stunning to me how well it works.
I almost went all Dante in my studio. This is way better, IMO.

I now have an IOS, IOX, and a X-WSG card in my X32 rack all talking perfectly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by submarin (Post 13332177)
Roundtrip latency is a little higher than RME but still very usable

Make sure you lower the Network Buffer on the SoundGrid Studio SETUP/SETTINGS page. Setting it lower will reduce RT Latency. I can run my system as low as 2.8MS RT. I dont need that. I tend to run at 4.8ms and that is perfect for what I am doing. YMMV

submarin 23rd May 2018 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synetos (Post 13332940)
It works flawlessly. I had an RME Raydat integrated into my SoundGrid system when I first bought the IOS.

The power of this system is the SoundGrid Studio Driver. Of course the I/O devices are awesome too. But, I can link up different DAW's, interfaces, etc. They all can be integrated into one big giant interface. It is stunning to me how well it works.
I almost went all Dante in my studio. This is way better, IMO.

I now have an IOS, IOX, and a X-WSG card in my X32 rack all talking perfectly.



Make sure you lower the Network Buffer on the SoundGrid Studio SETUP/SETTINGS page. Setting it lower will reduce RT Latency. I can run my system as low as 2.8MS RT. I dont need that. I tend to run at 4.8ms and that is perfect for what I am doing. YMMV

Thanks, yes that lowered it even further down, RME is still a bit faster,
but I´m loving the sound of the IOX so much that I don´t care.
I can totally work like that!

Synetos 23rd May 2018 08:11 PM

Another thing I really like is the ability to save and load presets for my IOX/IOS preamps.

For Example: I have 6 mics setup for recording acoustic guitars. I created a finger picking profile and dialed in my preamp settings, with 48V turned on. When I am going to sit down to record, I can load up that preset and I am about 98% ready to track. When I am done, I load another preset to turn off all the phantom power. That way I dont have to do them all manually. I can do this for my vocal mics, different guitars, etc. Granted, I might need to fine tune, but I get a great starting point for a session.

I do have a few gripes. You cant scale the Patch Matrix for routing, and you cant scale the Digigrid control panel. That can make it hard to work with for large matrix. In the beginning, it was fumbled mess when I was trying to wrap my head around it. Now, I can tolerate it, but it is kinda frustrating. That said, i will take stability and performance over beauty. I even thought RME TotalMix was awkward to work with at times.

mauroiul 18th October 2018 05:54 AM

mothership Burl Madi vs soundgrid
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Synetos (Post 13208765)
I am currently running with just the IOS at 96kHz/32bit at 128 samples. My RT latency is 4.833ms.
It drops to 3.5ms if i do 64 samples. If I change it to 48kHz it is 8.334ms at 128 samples and 5.667ms at 64samples.

I have no problem playing any VST instruments, even at the higher latency numbers.

I have an IOX arriving tomorrow, to expand my I/O. I totally got rid of all my other interfaces. RME was nice, but it is gone. I also sold all my preamps. I am purely DigiGrid now, and loving it.

For me, the Soundgrid driver has been rock solid. I guess some find it complex to wrap their head around the patching initially. If you are use to RME, you shouldnt have any issue at all.

I do think many people get hung up on the marketing hype for low latency, and think it is only good if you have the DSP server. While the DSP server aspect of the IOS is helpful, it is by far not the most powerful aspect of the setup. To me, it is the driver, and the ability to link all kinds of systems together as one unit. Granted, i simplified mine over the last month, but not because i needed to. I just wanted to go all "in-the-box" and have mic pre's I could control when I am tracking myself, or when I am in my control room working with another artist.


Hi I actually created a Thread, but I guess here I can have here my answer:

I have a Burl Mothership with a madi card which I use with an RME MADIface USB.

My plan was originally to replace the MADIface USB with the pci, bud instead, I’ve been advised to switch the burl module from madi to SoundGrid (a way cheaper solution).

Do you guy think is a good choice? Am I’m going to enjoy less latency experience while recording, using soft synths? How does it compare to RME pci system?

Is the system reliable as much as Madi is?

Thank you for helping making this decision.

simon.billington 18th October 2018 11:53 AM

Actually, I saw a sneak peek somewhere on Facebook. Waves have some new SoundGrid gear coming out very shortly, including some new servers. I'm still thinking about one. Won't be at least until after Christmas, though, at this rate.

I can see they got a bunch of bundles on sale. Probably a prelude to the new releases.

SoundGrid Connect Combos | Waves

In another news, is everyone aware they just released the Abbey Road Mastering Chain?? I'm mentioning it, because it almost seems as if it has the Studio Rack technology built in. So it seems that it may not need to be in Studio Rack to be hosted. I only just noticed this. If it's true, though, I wonder if the Scheps Omni Channel is the same??

Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain Plugin | Waves

Synetos 18th October 2018 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauroiul (Post 13577687)
Hi I actually created a Thread, but I guess here I can have here my answer:

I have a Burl Mothership with a madi card which I use with an RME MADIface USB.

My plan was originally to replace the MADIface USB with the pci, bud instead, I’ve been advised to switch the burl module from madi to SoundGrid (a way cheaper solution).

Do you guy think is a good choice? Am I’m going to enjoy less latency experience while recording, using soft synths? How does it compare to RME pci system?

Is the system reliable as much as Madi is?

Thank you for helping making this decision.

I have never used a madiface, so I cant really comment on it. I used the RAYDAT PCI card. It worked great. No negatives as I had all kinds of Pre's that i connected via ADAT. I dont have any of that stuff anymore.

What I will tell you is i still love my Digigrid setup. I have since sold my IOS and bought a second IOX. I am using two IOX's in my studio now. I also added the X-WSG card into a Midas M32C monitor mixing. I send 32 channels of audio to the M32C and return 8 Stereo monitor mixes back to the IOX's and out the 8 HP amps. It is AWESOME! Super clean with no hiss. My band mates all use the M32Q phone app to dial in their own IEM mixes.

I run the whole setup with Cubase in my studio. I dont need the DSP servers. My DAW is plenty powerful. I do something similar for Live, using X32 rack units.

I dabbled with the LV1 mixer demo. My IOS was not powerful enough for more than a 16 channel setup. If I were to get that for live use, I would get an extreme server. Now you are talking about another $4k. I just didnt see the value when I can get nearly as good of performance with a PC and Cubase.

Yes, more complex and probably not as solid of a rig for live use, but I am not a pro on tour.

I created my own Cubase template that I understand and it is easy for me. Kinda hard to drop another sound engineer in on it without spending some time learning how I set it up. But, LV1 has a learning curve, too.

I will say this, the SoundGrid driver is stable and I am super happy with this setup. The IOX pre's are quiet, clean, and just sound great to my ears.

Going this way was the best decision I have made in my gear lust and acquisition gyrations over the years. I am done searching for something "better", because I finally love what i have now. YMMV

mauroiul 21st October 2018 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synetos (Post 13578184)
I have never used a madiface, so I cant really comment on it. I used the RAYDAT PCI card. It worked great. No negatives as I had all kinds of Pre's that i connected via ADAT. I dont have any of that stuff anymore.

Hi, thanks for the detailed reply.

My set up would be indeed very simple. Mothership with SoundGrid going into the Ethernet plug and that’s it

I will be able to sell my MADIface usb and enjoy a lower latency.
The solution with MADIface pci it would be so much more expensive, so my worry is mostly about stability. Somebody answered me on the other thread discouraging me about soundgrid, but it did not give me any explanation.

Another bad thing I’ve read is about the difficult to set it up, not sure this is valid also for such a simple set up like mine.

Synetos 21st October 2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Another bad thing I’ve read is about the difficult to set it up, not sure this is valid also for such a simple set up like mine.
I didnt find it any more difficult than getting RME Totalmix routing figured out for my Raydat.

You can actually test out SoundGrid driver with the gear you have. You just download it from Waves and use it as the driver for you MADIface USB instead of RME driver.
I ran my rig with my RAYDAT for a while before I gave up all my external Preamps for IOX's. Assuming you have Waves plugins (or just a waves account), the soundgrid driver is a free download.

I suppose some people may find the routing matrix intimidating. I thought it was simple. You are not out anything to try it yourself. :)

As far as stability, it has never crashed on me.

I own lots of different plugs, so I am not just a Waves fanboy. In fact, I am kinda annoyed with the pricing models they have now. I bought Mercury when it was expensive. Now they practically give it away. Whatever. It has nothing to do with the fact that I love the Soundgrid driver and the Digigrid interfaces. I do think the DSP soundgrid servers are stupid expensive for what is inside of the box. I dont find to necessary to own them, as I indicated earlier.

mauroiul 21st October 2018 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synetos (Post 13583886)
I didnt find it any more difficult than getting RME Totalmix routing figured out for my Raydat.

You can actually test out SoundGrid driver with the gear you have. You just download it from Waves and use it as the driver for you MADIface USB instead of RME driver.

Don’t you need to have a soundgrid interface??? In my case the burl?
Where am I going to connect the Ethernet? Or you just mean to test the software?

Thanks for your help,

Synetos 21st October 2018 08:42 PM

Sort of...

Yes, one aspect is to test the software and get a look at the routing matrix that seems to confuse some folks.

However, you can connect interfaces together that are not soundgrid devices. That is what makes it so powerful. It is the driver that is awesome.

Most people do not seem to understand this. Probably because Waves seems to fumble the marketing. It does kind of surprise me that there isnt more excitement about the power of soundgrid to interconnect systems and audio interfaces.

mauroiul 22nd October 2018 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synetos (Post 13584053)
Sort of...

Yes, one aspect is to test the software and get a look at the routing matrix that seems to confuse some folks.

However, you can connect interfaces together that are not soundgrid devices. That is what makes it so powerful. It is the driver that is awesome.

Most people do not seem to understand this. Probably because Waves seems to fumble the marketing. It does kind of surprise me that there isn't more excitement about the power of soundgrid to interconnect systems and audio interfaces.

Hi again,

I downloaded the studio app and try to test it (If that is what you meant).

I firstly need to say I have not a single waves plugin (as I've read somewhere you need to have some in order to use the mixer) in fact, not sure if related, the mixer appeared at launching to disappear a few seconds later.

So, I've tried to place both the madiface and my apollo twin into the first slot of the hardware I/O devices and the app displayed me "soundgrids sample rate are not synchronized", but actually, they were both set at 44.1.

Another weirdness I've seen is that sometimes, when you click on the triangle to have the devices appear, the menu flashes continuously, than sometimes it settles and let you make a choice.

In the Rack B is displayed N/A LOCAL and If I search it with the triangle I cannot see anything

So, not the smoothest start, I hope this is due to the fact that I don't have the Ethernet connected anywhere (not having any soundgrid device) or because I'm making some other sort of mistakes which I will be more than happy if you can spot.

Cheers

Synetos 22nd October 2018 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauroiul (Post 13584719)
Hi again,

I downloaded the studio app and try to test it (If that is what you meant).

I firstly need to say I have not a single waves plugin (as I've read somewhere you need to have some in order to use the mixer) in fact, not sure if related, the mixer appeared at launching to disappear a few seconds later.

So, I've tried to place both the madiface and my apollo twin into the first slot of the hardware I/O devices and the app displayed me "soundgrids sample rate are not synchronized", but actually, they were both set at 44.1.

Another weirdness I've seen is that sometimes, when you click on the triangle to have the devices appear, the menu flashes continuously, than sometimes it settles and let you make a choice.

In the Rack B is displayed N/A LOCAL and If I search it with the triangle I cannot see anything

Cheers

Okay...I will try to help make sense of what is happening.

BTW-You can run the AutoConfigure wizard to help get things initially setup.

1. The Mixer is if you have soundgrid DSP server or an IOS. You dont. Yes it opens and you see the tab for a few seconds then it goes away because you have no servers attached.

2. One of your interfaces has to be the clock master. Click on the down arrow and "set Master"

3. You need to have IP Version 6 running on your network interface card. The card is specified in the Network Port - LAN area

4. RACK B is for your DAW(s). Probably wont see any to add if you dont have the LAN part setup right.

*FYI- I have 4 Network cards in my DAW. I have one dedicated to Soundgrid. I recommend that.

5. Once all that is setup, you then need to click on the PATCH tab and setup the connects in the Device to Device matrix.

* I saw a video once on youtube that suggested thinking of this as how water flows. From point to point. This is usually where people start scratching their headset frustrated. If you can stick with it to get your head wrapped around it, the light will go on and you will see just how powerful this thing can be when you have multiple DAW machines and interfaces all interconnected.

There are lots of videos on Waves Learn and on YouTube that should be able to assist you.

When I bought my first X32 mixer, it was stupid hard for me to wrap my head around the routing. This reminds me of that experience, initially. Once you get it, you may just love it. :)