Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Avid Pro Tools (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/avid-pro-tools/)
-   -   raven MTi2 + HUI controller (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/avid-pro-tools/1185911-raven-mti2-hui-controller.html)

DannyMac 3rd November 2017 09:31 PM

raven MTi2 + HUI controller

So, I'm being a little lazy,
With PTHD or Native, has anybody got a Raven MTI2 working in parallel with another HUI protocol controller.

It's fine if they mirror each other just wanted to hear of any experiences before I waste any time on it myself.

JameyZ 10th November 2017 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyMac (Post 12939934)
So, I'm being a little lazy,
With PTHD or Native, has anybody got a Raven MTI2 working in parallel with another HUI protocol controller.

It's fine if they mirror each other just wanted to hear of any experiences before I waste any time on it myself.

RAVEN will only work with EUCON Controllers. Artist Mix/S3/S6.

Two HUI controllers will not work together, however you could still use Touch and the Batch Commands of RAVEN, and do the faders on your other controller.

Cool711 9th May 2018 06:07 PM

Sorry, old thread; but my question is: what would happen if I connected both HUI devices at the same time in Pro Tools?
i.e. Raven MTI2 and SSL Nucleus?

Would neither of them work / would one steal focus?

Thanks!

JameyZ 10th May 2018 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool711 (Post 13306813)
Sorry, old thread; but my question is: what would happen if I connected both HUI devices at the same time in Pro Tools?
i.e. Raven MTI2 and SSL Nucleus?

Would neither of them work / would one steal focus?

Thanks!

It won't work in Pro Tools. You will be missing faders on which ever one you set to the other controller. You can use EUCON and HUI at the same time though.

Cool711 10th May 2018 07:37 PM

This would be fine with me.

The idea would be to have the first 16 faders locked to the nucleus (would control delta plugins for Sigma) and use the Raven for all the other tracks.

Would this be how it would work? And would transport function on both or only one? (And which?)

Thanks again!

JameyZ 17th May 2018 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool711 (Post 13309032)

The idea would be to have the first 16 faders locked to the nucleus (would control delta plugins for Sigma) and use the Raven for all the other tracks.

Would this be how it would work?

That wouldn't work, RAVEN only support 24 tracks. There is no option to run RAVEN in 8 fader mode.

darin_nyc 13th August 2019 04:51 AM

Matrix and Raven

Quote:

Originally Posted by JameyZ (Post 13308760)
It won't work in Pro Tools. You will be missing faders on which ever one you set to the other controller. You can use EUCON and HUI at the same time though.

Hi I am considering something similar. I want to use a SSL Matrix 2 as my primary board for all fader control but use the Raven as a touch screen for plug in control. Would that work?
Thanks!

JameyZ 13th August 2019 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darin_nyc (Post 14146398)
Hi I am considering something similar. I want to use a SSL Matrix 2 as my primary board for all fader control but use the Raven as a touch screen for plug in control. Would that work?
Thanks!

Yes, that would work. You just wouldn't have faders or transport on the RAVEN, however Batch Commands and Gestures will all still function.