Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Music Computers (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/)
-   -   Waves Gold Bundle - now $169 - lowest price ever (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/1161224-waves-gold-bundle-now-169-lowest-price-ever.html)

kodebode 27th June 2017 01:07 PM

Waves Gold Bundle - now $169 - lowest price ever
 
Waves Gold Bundle - now $169 - lowest price ever

Gold | Bundles | Waves

For those for whom this news may be significant, this is the lowest price on this bundle ever, which sometimes sells for $800.

I bought this a while back for $200, and even then it represented exceptional value.

Which implies you can spend the savings on one or two of the plugins not included in the Gold Bundle.

m_gant 27th June 2017 01:47 PM

A lot of great plugins in here I still use on every project. Some that come to mind are Deesser, h-comp, h-delay, rverb, L1, Paz, vitamin, rcomp, and more.

Now, if you own a current DAW, your stock plugs will make most of these redundant. However, these bread and butter plugs are faster & super stable for me. Been using them for at least 10 years now.

JCBigler 27th June 2017 05:56 PM

Not quite the lowest it's ever been. I've seen it down to $143 for Black Friday sales. But still a very good price and well worth the investment.

Edit: Ok, I retract my statement. When you log into AudioDeluxe and put the Gold Bundle in your shopping carts, it's well below the $143 that I mentioned earlier. Under $130 actually. So, yes, it is the lowest I've ever seen it.

If you don't have it (or a larger bundle), it's a no brainer right now.

sardi 28th June 2017 06:54 AM

As mentioned above, at that price it's worth it for Ren Comp and H Delay alone.

kodebode 30th June 2017 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCBigler (Post 12703617)
Not quite the lowest it's ever been. I've seen it down to $143 for Black Friday sales. But still a very good price and well worth the investment.

Edit: Ok, I retract my statement. When you log into AudioDeluxe and put the Gold Bundle in your shopping carts, it's well below the $143 that I mentioned earlier. Under $130 actually. So, yes, it is the lowest I've ever seen it.

If you don't have it (or a larger bundle), it's a no brainer right now.

Wow. That's such a steal - really good value.....If ever I had to buy this again.

simon.billington 30th June 2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kodebode (Post 12703087)
Waves Gold Bundle - now $169 - lowest price ever

Gold | Bundles | Waves

For those for whom this news may be significant, this is the lowest price on this bundle ever, which sometimes sells for $800.

I bought this a while back for $200, and even then it represented exceptional value.

Which implies you can spend the savings on one or two of the plugins not included in the Gold Bundle.

Is that sales price or did they actually drop the retail value of it??

kodebode 30th June 2017 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simon.billington (Post 12710057)
Is that sales price or did they actually drop the retail value of it??

Sale price. Don't think they ever drop the retail value below $800, for the last few years.

kodebode 30th June 2017 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simon.billington (Post 12710057)
Is that sales price or did they actually drop the retail value of it??


https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/waves-gold-bundle

Lists for $169, but has a further coupon on their login, which further reduces the price.

simon.billington 30th June 2017 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kodebode (Post 12710086)
Sale price. Don't think they ever drop the retail value below $800, for the last few years.

Right, gotcha.

Think Studio Classics is going for around $380, that's also a bloody good price.

mike1k 30th June 2017 03:11 PM

I bought the Gold bundle 10 years ago for ~$800. There are some great plugins and that price is less than the cost of many single plugins (out there).

I think that Waves has done a nice job with changing their pricing structure.

kfhkh

Fleer 4th November 2018 06:15 AM

Now under $50 at EveryPlugin.

ianblack8 4th November 2018 09:54 AM

I see it as 72$, is some kind of coupon required?

Fleer 5th November 2018 04:34 AM

There is/was a Waves SoundGrid quiz allowing for a 50% off bundles coupon.

Marlowe 5th November 2018 05:03 PM

Total no-brainer. These are still solid plugs that I use in every session.

JCBigler 6th November 2018 01:29 AM

Anyone know of any deals on Soundgrid servers? Looking at maybe the Impact server. Already have Mercury, Abbey Road, and SSL 4000, so I don't need anything with any bundles.

ianblack8 6th November 2018 08:59 AM

Just upgraded to Gold + RenMaxx through EveryPlugin at a great price, pretty happy about that heppy

Fleer 7th November 2018 05:07 AM

Yeah, EveryPlugin rocks rockout

mjw63 23rd May 2019 01:48 AM

Bought Waves Gold last night at everyplugin for just under $100. Outrageous bargain, plus you get Vocal Rider for free.

kodebode 24th May 2019 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw63 (Post 13997605)
Bought Waves Gold last night at everyplugin for just under $100. Outrageous bargain, plus you get Vocal Rider for free.

Painful news for those of us who paid more in times gone past, and did not get the Vocal Rider as a freebie.

Congrats... to you... what a good bargain. Waves Gold is a decent collection of plugins especially when bought on a bargain, a set of basic and a few more than basic plugins to complement the "free" plugins delivered with your DAW.

dpsbb 25th May 2019 05:06 AM

Yes that is a great bargain. Now, go and upgrade it to the Gold+RenMaxx bundle for only about $25. Or wait until your WUP is expired and do it then. The bundle upgrade is cheaper than just a straight WUP upgrade and it extends your WUP for another year.

davet 25th May 2019 03:36 PM

Authorizations
 
Is it one authorization per computer for Waves? I have a primary and backup system.

TIA

ianblack8 25th May 2019 03:45 PM

There is only one authorization, but you can put your licenses on a USB flash drive and use installed plugins on any machine that way

davet 25th May 2019 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianblack8 (Post 14002158)
There is only one authorization, but you can put your licenses on a USB flash drive and use installed plugins on any machine that way

OK, thanks.

mjw63 26th May 2019 02:23 AM

Wow- that ren max tip is a great one!

I used a lot of these plugins back in the day, but haven't used them since. I've really missed them. I've also been exploring Vitamin which is interesting in small doses.

simon.billington 5th June 2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianblack8 (Post 14002158)
There is only one authorization, but you can put your licenses on a USB flash drive and use installed plugins on any machine that way

It is possible to get a multi-machine license, or whatever they call it, but you pay for it. I don’t know how much it costs. Buying two bundles on sale may even be cheaper...

But a multi license is possible.

ponzi 5th June 2019 06:48 PM

I saw it at $100 a while back--too bad I already owned it. New product might be cheaper than wuping it at some point...

alexbachell 10th June 2019 07:04 AM

Waves Gold is currently on sale for $89.50 when you apply the code HALF at check out rockout

V Gardiakos 11th June 2019 05:44 AM

Waves Gold. $68.37. Use code “HALF” a check out to see that price. Lowest price ever! Excellent value. You likeley need to be logged in to see the price.
http://everyplugin.com/gold.html

mutetourettes 11th June 2019 01:28 PM

but then again, horizon is $209.71... and that's 75 plugins with much more recent and useful stuff...


although upgrade from gold to horizon might be cheaper than that... so might be best to go G >> H

simon.billington 16th June 2019 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mutetourettes (Post 14032489)
but then again, horizon is $209.71... and that's 75 plugins with much more recent and useful stuff...


although upgrade from gold to horizon might be cheaper than that... so might be best to go G >> H

Oh man it's so easy to hold off and get a bigger bundle like that. Once you're there, though, you start thinking, "well, maybe I can get the next bundle up"!! Unfortunately, we are bound by our finances, so we end up opting for the bundle we can't really afford, but won't send us bankrupt either!! Haha!!

I havre a few of their Instruments, so I'm considering upgrading to Inspire myself.