Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Product Alerts older than 2 months (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/)
-   -   Stam SA-47 (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/1151848-stam-sa-47-a.html)

Jonkr 2nd May 2017 03:17 AM

Stam SA-47

4 Attachment(s)
Straight from Stam's website:

SA-47

VINTAGE U47 MICROPHONE

LEGENDARY MICROHPONE. LEGENDARY PRICE.

The SA-47 is an exact replica of the most revered vocal tube microphone in history, the Neumann u47. With the aid of a twin 6028/408A pentode tube in parralelle, the Heiserman HK47 capsule and the AMI T47 (BV8 replica) output transformer we have managed to gives this replica the true character of an original Neumann u47 at a fraction of the price making it affordable to everyone.

BETTER COMPONENTS

Since the capsule is the single most important component on a microphone’s tone we have decided to make an extra effort and use the best replica available, the HK-47. The Heiserman Audio HK- 47 capsule is based on a 1960's vintage set of original back plates which offers a much more vintage tone than current offerings, it uses brass rings to hold down the Mylar and nylon screws to isolate the capsule halves. Unlike other similar offerings that feature Chinese made capsules these are 100% hand made by Eric Heiserman in the USA and are professionally skinned with DuPont Mylar in Chicago.

The SA-47 features premium capacitors on the audio path as well as polystyrene capacitors, which are more stable and much more linear in the top end making them the perfect choice for feedback circuitry.as well as 2 pentode tubes in paralelle reducing noise and the output impedance to give this microphone the true character of an original u47 microphone.

VINTAGE VS MODERN

We have remained 100% faithful to the original vintage circuit and schematic and have made no compromise in parts which ensures you are get the best sounding microphone possible.

ZERO COMPROMISE. SURPRISINGLY AFFORDABLE.

Stam Audio Engineering products are about sound quality primarily. Every component of every unit is premium quality and carefully selected to ensure our unit’s match or even surpass the quality of high end boutique gear.

So, when you see the price for the SA-87 the first thing you probably think is: how is that possible?

We have made the brave decision to bypass distributors and retailers and use that 30% margin on components. While we can reach less people without distribution we can afford to have a large budget for parts allowing us to build a better product at a better price than any other offerings in all of our product range. Better components mean better recordings.

That said, how much will a SA-47 set you back?

The stock price for the SA-47 is $990.00

Right now though, if you put a $200 deposit down to preorder your unit you will get the discounted price of $790.00.

Denny C 2nd May 2017 04:49 PM

Great looking mic. kfhkhkfhkhkfhkh

beckmule 2nd May 2017 05:51 PM

Any audio example yet?

ahmz 2nd May 2017 05:53 PM

WOW kfhkh

Nikbeat 2nd May 2017 09:32 PM

This is so tempting...got the Stam La2a and just got the neve clones both amazing products. By the standard so far it's a no brainer

Karloff70 2nd May 2017 09:39 PM

Killin it. I like your style!

joshuanaconda 3rd May 2017 02:32 AM

Oh god, I was only testing the website page for this product and you guys already posted it here!, how do you even find these things?

I was not planning to announce it for another 3 weeks or so, I am not taking pre orders for this one yet, we are very busy sorting other stuff out

I guess I will have to upload it again with more info but I am glad you guys like it, this tube mic is killer!

joshuanaconda 7th May 2017 07:36 PM

Stam Audio rockout

It's ready for pre-orders. Worldwide shipping will only be 70-75 dollars!

Could you please add the pricing $790-$990 to the tittle?

Thanks!

studioman22 7th May 2017 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshuanaconda (Post 12611508)
Stam Audio rockout

It's ready for pre-orders. Worldwide shipping will only be 70-75 dollars!

Could you please add the pricing $790-$990 to the tittle?

Thanks!

I want to hear audio examples of say, an SA-87 or SA-47 going through an SA-73 and into a decent interface. Show people the chain, and then display the results. That chain, $790.00 + $399.00= $1,189.00. Mic and pre. A very good price if it delivers world class, mouth-watering audio. Then perhaps compare the SA-87 and SA-47 into your SA-73. Kids with webcams and screen capture software are doing this all day long on youtube for nothing.

If you just can't or won't, then how about sending a couple of units over to James at ProTools Expert, or to Glen Fricker at Spectre/SMG, and let them do an honest review of these mics/pre's.

joshuanaconda 7th May 2017 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by studioman22 (Post 12611569)
I want to hear audio examples of say, an SA-87 or SA-47 going through an SA-73 and into a decent interface. Show people the chain, and then display the results. That chain, $790.00 + $399.00= $1,189.00. Mic and pre. A very good price if it delivers world class, mouth-watering audio. Then perhaps compare the SA-87 and SA-47 into your SA-73. Kids with webcams and screen capture software are doing this all day long on youtube for nothing.

If you just can't or won't, then how about sending a couple of units over to James at ProTools Expert, or to Glen Fricker at Spectre/SMG, and let them do an honest review of these mics/pre's.

Hello

There are tons of video reviews of our gear on youtube, we sent about 5 units last week of the 1073 for more reviews so hopefully we will have them online shortly, same for the SA-87.

Thanks,

Joshua

MartijnNL 7th May 2017 09:07 PM

Stam just took my money, AGAIN! :facepalm:
kfhkh

cyjanopan 7th May 2017 09:31 PM

preordered! I couldn't stop myself, preorder price is not much more than the cost of the elements, can't wait to try it

studioman22 7th May 2017 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshuanaconda (Post 12611580)
Hello

There are tons of video reviews of our gear on youtube, we sent about 5 units last week of the 1073 for more reviews so hopefully we will have them online shortly, same for the SA-87.

Thanks,

Joshua

Yeah, and I've seen just about every single one of them- mostly SA-4000 and 2a videos. We are severely lacking in SA-87 and SA-73 review videos. I may become a customer, don't get me wrong. And now with the SA-47, I am even more confused about which mic, the 87 or 47, might best suit my needs.

James or Glen, would you PLEASE help clear this up for all of us and get your hands on some Stam stuff?

cww2 7th May 2017 10:12 PM

Ordered! The other 2 Stam products I own are outstanding so I have no reason to believe this one won't measure up. Did I miss it or has a projected ship date been announced?

LaLaFaV 7th May 2017 10:30 PM

Any pics of the SA-47 out of the case and mounted in the shock-mount? It's just nicer to look at that way. gooof
I pre-ordered one a few hours ago. Can't wait to hear it.

doom64 7th May 2017 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by studioman22 (Post 12611635)
Yeah, and I've seen just about every single one of them- mostly SA-4000 and 2a videos. We are severely lacking in SA-87 and SA-73 review videos. I may become a customer, don't get me wrong. And now with the SA-47, I am even more confused about which mic, the 87 or 47, might best suit my needs.

James or Glen, would you PLEASE help clear this up for all of us and get your hands on some Stam stuff?

Send them to Glenn Fricker of SpectreSoundStudios for review. Him and Adam from RealHomeRecording are about the only gear review places I trust.

joshuanaconda 7th May 2017 11:06 PM

Thanks for your trust guys. There is no risk with us, if you dont like it we will fully refund you, including shipping towards you and back.

Luckily there has been no returns so far on any product or I would be in serious financial trouble!

doom64 7th May 2017 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshuanaconda (Post 12611763)
Thanks for your trust guys. There is no risk with us, if you dont like it we will fully refund you, including shipping towards you and back.

Luckily there has been no returns so far on any product or I would be in serious financial trouble!

Wow...that is a better deal than most large companies offer!

Colin McCabe 8th May 2017 12:50 AM

I have to admit Joshua is the real deal when it comes to customer service despite some of the bad blood here on gearslutz. I was an early adopter of an SA-2A and he's taken care of me a few times.

Nu-tra 8th May 2017 05:41 AM

Ordered!

Nikbeat 8th May 2017 09:37 AM

Just ordered mine. I have the Neve and the La2a clone and the quality is fantastic...
boing

tkmin 8th May 2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin McCabe (Post 12611870)
I have to admit Joshua is the real deal when it comes to customer service despite some of the bad blood here on gearslutz. I was an early adopter of an SA-2A and he's taken care of me a few times.

Few times? Were you running into any problems?

Colin McCabe 8th May 2017 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkmin (Post 12612362)
Few times? Were you running into any problems?

One of the known problems in the first batch of SA-2As was a phase flipped output transformer, and my unit developed a hum. I would chalk both issues up to growing pains very early on from a start up business being run by one person. I was in the first batch of his first official product so I would not be alarmed by what I experienced.

Once again, Joshua helped me and always answered his emails promptly. In the end, I had it fixed locally and was reimbursed for the repair. To me this was a worst case scenario and I was very happy with how he handled it.

Gemylon 8th May 2017 01:48 PM

Just ordered this.

I believe, along with the SA-87 I previously ordered,
I will have 2 first class tools for the future.

peachh

Ogilthorpe 8th May 2017 04:43 PM

Preorders are planned to ship in August, did I read that correctly?

joshuanaconda 8th May 2017 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogilthorpe (Post 12612995)
Preorders are planned to ship in August, did I read that correctly?

August-September is a realistic date

Ordering parts as we speak!

hitsville 8th May 2017 05:49 PM

ordered ! can't wait

Chao 8th May 2017 08:03 PM

Can you tell us about the sensitivity and noise figures?

Thanks!

Ogilthorpe 8th May 2017 08:27 PM

Couldn't resist, I put down a deposit. The waiting is the hardest part....

Carabinerx 9th May 2017 12:43 AM

@ joshuanaconda The preorder price changed, $890 now? Can any of us Slutz still have access to the $790 with preorder, I'll preorder now if so! Thanks