Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Label and Industry Offers (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/label-and-industry-offers/)
-   -   Setting up a live electronic event in South London - anyone interested in playing? (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/label-and-industry-offers/1139224-setting-up-live-electronic-event-south-london-anyone-interested-playing.html)

Urgento 15th February 2017 12:54 AM

Setting up a live electronic event in South London - anyone interested in playing?

Hi,

[Firstly, sorry Mods, not sure where best to post this, if allowed at all... it is specifically about electronic music, but please move it where it's meant to be...]

I'm setting up an electronic night at a venue in Tooting, south London and am looking for people/acts with sets to play. Interested?

The emphasis is using hardware live so no laptops, no DJs, it's not a club night, more like an informal gig night, but focusing on electronic music.

Other instruments ok too, but want to avoid big band setups.

You don't have to be super pro, just be musically/sonically interesting.

Date will depend on having enough interest artists, but should then have a few options.

Will you be paid? Probably not, but equally you won't be asked to drum up a crowd and sell tickets, so just focus on enjoying it.

Get in touch if you'd be interested in playing!

Urgento

Urgento 28th February 2017 03:33 PM

Bump. Anyone interested?

Cheers.

GeminIAm 28th February 2017 03:35 PM

I might be but I do funk stuff so the beats and synths are on a backing track whilst there's a couple guitarists going. It's not necessarily that electronic I suppose.

brendanclarke 28th February 2017 03:44 PM

Zero free time right now, but subscribed to thread and wrote myself a note to check back in around mid april. Good luck!

once was... 28th February 2017 05:13 PM

Not ready yet, but I am getting a solo thing together with looper pedals, Taurus 3 pedals and guitar.

I'll definitely turn up as a punter though so let us know as I'm not far away in Camberwell.

Kyle_e 28th February 2017 05:46 PM

I'm interested drop me a pm

Kansaispirits 28th February 2017 07:35 PM

If you can accommodate a drummer and are still running in 6 months my project will be ready by then.

marcgood 28th February 2017 07:51 PM

Would love to do it, especially since my singer is in the UK. Alas, I am not. I'm stuck in the remote regions of LA.

DannyMac 28th February 2017 08:44 PM

What venue and when is the first one ?
Sounds like fun

Urgento 1st March 2017 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeminIAm (Post 12472926)
I might be but I do funk stuff so the beats and synths are on a backing track whilst there's a couple guitarists going. It's not necessarily that electronic I suppose.

No doubt your music is sweet, but I wanted this to be focused around synths or other gear primarily. If you think of a way of doing that then cool, why not have some electro-funk thing going on!

Urgento 1st March 2017 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brendanclarke (Post 12472934)
Zero free time right now, but subscribed to thread and wrote myself a note to check back in around mid april. Good luck!

Thanks for the positive vibes!

Urgento 1st March 2017 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by once was... (Post 12473076)
Not ready yet, but I am getting a solo thing together with looper pedals, Taurus 3 pedals and guitar.

I'll definitely turn up as a punter though so let us know as I'm not far away in Camberwell.

Cool, stay in touch, that's an interesting setup your shaping.

Urgento 1st March 2017 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle_e (Post 12473135)
I'm interested drop me a pm

Will do.

Urgento 1st March 2017 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kansaispirits (Post 12473327)
If you can accommodate a drummer and are still running in 6 months my project will be ready by then.

Might just about be ready myself by then! ;)

Urgento 1st March 2017 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcgood (Post 12473359)
Would love to do it, especially since my singer is in the UK. Alas, I am not. I'm stuck in the remote regions of LA.

Man, where is this 'LA' you speak of? Sounds rustic. ;)

GeminIAm 1st March 2017 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urgento (Post 12474584)
No doubt your music is sweet, but I wanted this to be focused around synths or other gear primarily. If you think of a way of doing that then cool, why not have some electro-funk thing going on!

There's certainly hints of that but not exclusively so. I ain't really got a live worthy synth rig anymore either, I can see what you're trying to set up but I'm not into sequencing stuff live. And you try finding keyboard players that wanna do original music in Brum... lol :D

Still fair play for setting this up, hope you can pull it off man

Urgento 1st March 2017 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyMac (Post 12473446)
What venue and when is the first one ?
Sounds like fun

It's a bit chicken and egg right now - I have to basically have something, some acts, to offer them and then we can discuss dates.

If you're interested please can you send me a link to some material and I can send them a few links of our stuff together so they know what the theme is, then I think they'll offer a couple of different dates over the next couple of months.

Urgento 1st March 2017 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeminIAm (Post 12474595)
There's certainly hints of that but not exclusively so. I ain't really got a live worthy synth rig anymore either, I can see what you're trying to set up but I'm not into sequencing stuff live. And you try finding keyboard players that wanna do original music in Brum... lol :D

Still fair play for setting this up, hope you can pull it off man

No worries, let me know if you come across anyone who might be game and good luck with your band too.

Kansaispirits 1st March 2017 11:01 AM

I'm banned from running club nights. Last time despite a string of increasingly successful night I jumped to far and booked quite an expensive live act. Sod's law that night had the lowest turnout, same week we moved house. Had to use the money we had saved for new furniture and decorating to pay the band :facepalm: