Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/)
-   -   Eventide H9000 (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/1127146-eventide-h9000.html)

OurDarkness 8th December 2016 12:44 PM

Eventide H9000

I'll just leave this here...

https://www.gearnews.com/wp-content/...0-Hardware.jpg

and some info from here

Eventide Peeks Processor at AES Paris | ProsoundNetwork.com

and here

https://www.gearnews.com/eventide-h9...rocessor-leak/

Utilizing a quartet of high-power ARM processors mounted on plug-in boards that allow subsequent updates when next-generation and/or faster DSP chips became available, the new system feature 32 inputs and 32 discrete outputs per DSP module, enabling up to four multichannel effects paths to be run simultaneously.

A custom graphical user interface will allow full integration with Avid Pro Tools and other current DAWs, or use from a stand-alone application. Eventide will also offer a version of the GUI that runs on an Apple iPad or PCs/Macintosh PCs via a Wi-Fi or USB connection, as well as fully-compatible AU, AAX and VST plug-ins.

“Initially, frequency- and time-domain effects will be draw from our existing H8000 and H9 processors—with other EQ, dynamics plus reverb effects in development—and can be run in parallel or series, to effectively create a fully-programmable, four-element channel strip per processing engine,” said software engineer Joe Bamberg.

While initial application for the processing system will be towards developing multi-element channel strips for music production—possibly one path dedicated to vocals, another to a piano track plus others for drum and guitar—the unit’s multi-channel I/O and multiple processing options are expected to enable object-based EQ, dynamic and ambience processing needed for immersive-sound production projects being undertaken within the motion-picture and TV-post community, in addition to multichannel sound playback for live performance, including acoustic enhancement systems.

End-user cost for the codenamed product, which will also feature Audinate Dante, Thunderbolt, Ravenna/AES67 and AVB networking, has yet to be determined.

rockoutabductionkfhkh:cowbell::synth:hooppieboing

Compressor 8th December 2016 01:15 PM

Wow! Very cool!
I never thought they would come up with a unit like that, since most digital effect processing is ITB nowadays... But I always liked rack effects and especially the Eventide units. Not sure if I can afford one though... shiee

Soothing Sound 8th December 2016 02:16 PM

Wow, finally!

jaki 8th December 2016 03:22 PM

I cant believe it. just Yesterday I was thinking What I would replace my ksp 8 with if it failed one day...

muziksculp 8th December 2016 05:00 PM

Holy Moly ... H9000 ! Now that's very exciting.

I thought they will never go beyond the H8000 FW.

Hopefully this will be the new Rolls Royce of HW Multi-Effects. With greatly improved user interface, programability, maybe a VST editor as well, and higher quality effects than the H8000 FW.

I wonder if Eventide will show it at Winter NAMM 2017 ?

Soothing Sound 8th December 2016 06:10 PM

I wonder if they are going to release a new Eclipse as well? It would make sense.

NEXUS-6 8th December 2016 06:39 PM

Bold move with Plugins being the standard nowadays. I wonder if it will act as a dongle as well à la UDA?

Stimmt 8th December 2016 06:55 PM

Eventide is still under control of its own stuff. How sad it is that all the Lexicon assets went to Samsung now, and are probably on their last limp. Sigh

Disco Cubist 8th December 2016 07:58 PM

The price is going to make us cry, but I'm already sold...

Synth Guru 9th December 2016 03:12 AM

Damn that's nice! rockout

jabar 9th December 2016 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disco Cubist (Post 12301982)

It's going to be... over 9000. :cop:

Probably $6k.

muziksculp 9th December 2016 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disco Cubist (Post 12301982)

Hehe.. Yes. cooge

Anyone care to guess what the price of the H9000 will be ?

Westlaker 9th December 2016 03:27 AM

Whoa. Didn't see that one coming. I can hardly imagine how powerful it's going to be (I'm still coming to grips with my Eclipse).

I wonder if the H8000 will be the new H3000...

chemosit 9th December 2016 04:42 AM

Time for a second mortgage.

drockfresh 9th December 2016 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muziksculp (Post 12302728)
Hehe.. Yes. cooge

Anyone care to guess what the price of the H9000 will be ?

If you have to ask about the price of things before you buy them it's not for you.

T_R_S 9th December 2016 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compressor (Post 12301323)
Wow! Very cool!
I never thought they would come up with a unit like that, since most digital effect processing is ITB nowadays... But I always liked rack effects and especially the Eventide units. Not sure if I can afford one though... shiee

There are so many algorithms missing in the H3000 plug-in from the hardware - no comparison at all....

muziksculp 9th December 2016 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drockfresh (Post 12302871)
If you have to ask about the price of things before you buy them it's not for you.

Hehe.. You must be from another planet. :)

NEXUS-6 9th December 2016 06:44 AM

It would be nice if they make the software backwards compatible with the H8000, but somehow I doubt it. cellfone

muziksculp 9th December 2016 06:52 AM

Here is a topic I posted on this forum on Nov. 11th, 2016 The Topic is :

Is there a Multi-Effects HW similar or better than Eventide H8000-FW ?

Here is the link to the post : https://www.gearslutz.com/board/high...ntide+h8000+fw

OurDarkness 9th December 2016 10:45 AM

Given the specs of this puppy I'd expect it to cost around 6-7k..

What is really awesome is that each of the 4 DSPs has 32 inputs and 32 outputs (as opposed to the 8 x 8) that the H8000FW has. It has been possible to construct within VSig an algorithm that has for instance delay into reverb, but if someone wanted reverb into delay or reverb and delay in parallel (within the same algorithm) some kind of logic had to be programmed using the ISWITCH and OSWITCH modules. It's not a big deal to do this (provided of course that the combined algorithm didn't exhaust the DSP resources) but given the "object" architecture of the H9000 changing the order of effects might be as easy as a simple rearrangement either from the unit directly or from the apps/utilities that Eventide will provide. Much easier and definitely faster.

In the specs a four-element channel strip per processing engine is mentioned which probably justifies the 4 x 8 = 32 inputs/outputs. If "full integration" with all DAWs works properly, then it should be very easy to just load an effect directly from an empty slot in the channel strip within the DAW.. really really nice :-)

Not to mention that it looks awesome..rockout So kudos to Eventide, after so many years of remaining silent and basically neglecting updating/upgrading the H8000FW, they have put all these goodies into a new unit and given the modular nature of the cards, it's bound to be a very good future investment.

Very excited about this.rockout

oldgearguy 9th December 2016 11:02 AM

On the other hand, if you don't need (or can't afford) all that processing power, it might be a good time to find a used H8000FW being sold cheap by an owner looking to upgrade. Hardware based studios might be selling 2 or more H8000's since this H9000 looks like it can cover the duties of multiple old ones.

Wonder if their eveNET remote programmer will work with this?

Depending on the final configuration and other things (like the remote), I would certainly consider selling my pair of H8k's to fund 1 of these.

gear_up 9th December 2016 02:48 PM

wow! what a machine!

Maybe they'll cut the price for the H8000FW too.

jabar 9th December 2016 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drockfresh (Post 12302871)

Gearslutz never ceases to amaze.

Doktorfuture 9th December 2016 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldgearguy (Post 12303178)

Wonder if their eveNET remote programmer will work with this?

Probably not. You would use an iPad probably.

drockfresh 9th December 2016 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jabar (Post 12303390)
Gearslutz never ceases to amaze.

I was joking. I can't afford it either

golden beers 9th December 2016 03:01 PM

could it double as a recording interface?

Synth Guru 9th December 2016 03:38 PM

Anyone have any info regarding the manufacturer's warranty for a 6-7k piece of Eventide gear. confoosed

T_R_S 9th December 2016 04:26 PM

most everything has a year warranty - Eventide service is second to none - I got my H3000 repaired last year for $300.00 and that box is very old
Unlike TC electronic whose service is terrible we have 3 System 6000's and one is out of service because TC refuses to sell us a part to fix it.
I would not ever hesitate one second buying ANY Eventide hardware.

Synth Guru 9th December 2016 04:30 PM

I would have expected a minimum of five years for equipment in that price range. :cop:

oldgearguy 9th December 2016 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doktorfuture (Post 12303392)
Probably not. You would use an iPad probably.

Duh - you're probably right (or even something in the DAW, in any case, no dedicated hardware).

That's what happens when you get old - you forget things like the iPad can be a remote control surface (despite the fact I've coded up Lemur interfaces to some of my gear).