Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Lyricist's Corner (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/lyricist-s-corner/)
-   -   Peace Lyrics (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/lyricist-s-corner/1116588-peace-lyrics.html)

jwh1192 8th October 2016 07:39 PM

Peace Lyrics
 
here an old one of mine to keep this Forum Going .. cheers john

Peace lyrics

i see her everyday
don’t even know her name
i think she must be french
that little air of elegance

she sees beyond the lies
has society hypnotized
it’s the little man inside your head, that says
she’s crazy as thunder, why you goin’ there

you need some peace
need some peace
need some peace
need some peace

only see it on the hill
blind faith in the magic bill
feels right, but we all know, all the
jobs are flying to mexico

closed doors and twisted news
big words that hide the truth
little man inside those rooms, that says
raise for us, taxes for the rest

we need some peace
need some peace
need some peace
need some peace

she might, sue
she might, sue
she might, sue
she might, sue
she might, sue
she might, sue
she might, sue
she might, sue

beat down and thrown away
broken minds that crave the way
peel back the constant drone. there’s a
underlying dial tone

soft keys instead of eyes
the side that qualifies
little man inside your head, that says
this crazy as thunder, why we goin’ there

we need some peace
need some peace
need some peace
need some peace

she might, sue
she might, sue
she might, sue
she might, sue
she might, sue
she might, sue

FADE OUT

B. Elliott 17th February 2017 08:39 PM

I appreciate that you are a deep lyricist. I enjoy the song and I thank you for sharing it.... Let that Heart flow!

jwh1192 17th February 2017 08:40 PM

after 4 months i am just happy someone replied, and a local !!! .. LOL .. thx for the nice comment !!!

B. Elliott 17th February 2017 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwh1192 (Post 12451904)
after 4 months i am just happy someone replied, and a local !!! .. LOL .. thx for the nice comment !!!


Lol! I get you. :D

Yeah, fam! LA all day! lol. I work at CicLAvia as well, we're having one of our events March 26th. It's Culver Meets Venice. We'll be riding from the Culver City metro stop to the waterfront. Come out and enjoy it, man. And if you ever wanna collab with a Hip Hop artist, hit me up.

Much love!

jwh1192 17th February 2017 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B. Elliott (Post 12452221)
Lol! I get you. :D

Yeah, fam! LA all day! lol. I work at CicLAvia as well, we're having one of our events March 26th. It's Culver Meets Venice. We'll be riding from the Culver City metro stop to the waterfront. Come out and enjoy it, man. And if you ever wanna collab with a Hip Hop artist, hit me up.

Much love!

right on on both counts ... !! that route goes within 1/2 mile of my place .. Hip Hop would be interesting .. would be way different from anything i have ever done and i have big respect for the guys that can Rap .. met a woman at Hinanos that after a few beers was rapping in my ear and she was good !!! loved it .. love the cadence ..

stay dry today ... really coming down !!!

B. Elliott 17th February 2017 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwh1192 (Post 12452236)
right on on both counts ... !! that route goes within 1/2 mile of my place .. Hip Hop would be interesting .. would be way different from anything i have ever done and i have big respect for the guys that can Rap .. met a woman at Hinanos that after a few beers was rapping in my ear and she was good !!! loved it .. love the cadence ..

stay dry today ... really coming down !!!

Thank you, you stay dry too.. It is CRAZY! lol.

What kind of music do you usually get into, and could you ever see yourself including some spoken word poetry into your art?

jwh1192 18th February 2017 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B. Elliott (Post 12452261)
Thank you, you stay dry too.. It is CRAZY! lol.

What kind of music do you usually get into, and could you ever see yourself including some spoken word poetry into your art?

we used to do that when i was a kid back east .. was a lot of fun !!!