Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Gear free zone - shoot the breeze (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/gear-free-zone-shoot-the-breeze/)
-   -   Why is Venetian Snares in financial trouble? (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/gear-free-zone-shoot-the-breeze/1032025-why-venetian-snares-financial-trouble.html)

aligak 20th September 2015 07:43 AM

Why is Venetian Snares in financial trouble?

I'm sure some of you know about Aaron Funks Tweets and Facebook request about being in "serious financial trouble". He asked his fans for help, and many did. As a result, he recently released a free album on his Bandcamp page as gratitude to his fans. However, I never found any info online about the nature of his financial problems? Just wondering because he's an established artists with a sh*tload of releases to his name. I'm sure being a breakcore legend doesn't make one a millionaire, but I'd imagine one would be able to make a decent living. Plus, I'm sure you've seen photos or videos of him with tons of modular gear. I can't afford a single one of those and I have a decent paying full-time job. So.... any info on the details of him being financially screwed?

NEXUS-6 20th September 2015 07:47 AM

too much free downloads..

aligak 20th September 2015 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEXUS-6 (Post 11346148)
too much free downloads..

Is this a guess or do you actually know? I doubt this is the reason since his plea came strongly and very suddenly with no explanation.

NEXUS-6 20th September 2015 08:11 AM

Well it's implied when he asked people to pay for his music..

Stevism 20th September 2015 08:24 AM

he's not, he just got a dopeass PR / Marketing guy recently.

profits through the roof!

killa ego 20th September 2015 08:32 AM

Mind your own business/**** gossiping

Accent 20th September 2015 08:36 AM

There was a brief mention on a comment he made on Facebook last week about his scummy manager running off with everything. Whatever it is, I'd assume it's serious and he's probably just trying to deal with it, and will give a proper explanation when he's able.

aligak 20th September 2015 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killa ego (Post 11346205)
Mind your own business/**** gossiping

It's not gossiping when the person himself posts something dramatic like that on FB and Tweets it without explaining any details. Don't be such a ****.

Praxisaxis 20th September 2015 09:23 AM

By all means, speculate about it in this thread, but keep in mind that asking people to pay for his records doesn't mean we're entitled to know about his finances.

Wonkey Donkey 20th September 2015 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clem_Sevenn (Post 11346173)
He's on FB, why not ask him?

Exactly. If you really don't think it's rude, and you feel entitled to know, go ahead and ask him personally.

zlatanking 6th December 2019 06:13 AM

Looks like VS is re-releasing an old album now. What was the deal with the financial situation - did he get ripped off by a manager or something?

Accent 8th December 2019 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zlatanking (Post 14366478)
Looks like VS is re-releasing an old album now. What was the deal with the financial situation - did he get ripped off by a manager or something?

Yeah...I don’t really know anything other than what I posted years ago, but as far as I know he basically woke up one day and found his manager had ripped him off.

The album he’s re-released was his first record, with some bonus cuts.