Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   The Good News Channel (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/the-good-news-channel/)
-   -   Warren Huart is EPIC! (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/the-good-news-channel/1015168-warren-huart-epic.html)

ilovetubes 23rd June 2015 02:54 AM

Warren Huart is EPIC!

I am a youtube / google fiend when it comes to learning anything and everything about music theory, audio, and recording. I learn something new everyday. I am a home recording guy - hobbyist not pro and I've never made any money off my music.

I came across Warren awhile ago but every video he makes is just amazing. He has a youtube chan - produce like a pro - I love it!

https://www.youtube.com/user/WarrenHuartRecording

Warren is such a humble and genuine dude and he releases invaluable information to us!!!

You guys should check him out if you haven't. From beginner to pro this dude provides tons of info!

warrenhuart 12th October 2015 04:53 AM

Thanks very much!

Aw shucks ilovetubes you Rock! That is so very cool of you, I have been truly blessed to be able to find a place in this crazy music industry! I love being able to give back and help people in any way that I can! I also learn every single day from the people who comment on my videos!! Have a marvellous time recording and mixing, many thanks Warren!

spaceinvada13 12th October 2015 06:36 AM

I particularly love the studio tours!! Great work Warren👍

Jack P 12th October 2015 07:22 AM

the sunset sound tour was cool..

I need a pair of those pres..

bgood 12th October 2015 07:26 AM

Keep up the good work warren... Your voice is a calming agent

G-Sun 12th October 2015 07:55 AM

Yes, indeed a blessing to have Warren share of his knowledge and experience.

Brenton 12th October 2015 09:15 AM

Yep, just watching the studio tours today. Good stuff Warren.

warrenhuart 18th October 2015 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack P (Post 11399954)
the sunset sound tour was cool..

I need a pair of those pres..

Agreed! I am definitely going to buy a pair of the Pres!

Very glad you enjoyed the Sunset Sound tour, it's a wonderful studio and Craig was very gracious to show us around!

Have a marvellous time recording and mixing, many thanks Warren

warrenhuart 18th October 2015 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgood (Post 11399959)
Keep up the good work warren... Your voice is a calming agent

Haha thanks! I'll tell my wife, she might not agree!

warrenhuart 18th October 2015 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Sun (Post 11399988)
Yes, indeed a blessing to have Warren share of his knowledge and experience.

Aw shucks thanks!!

I learn so much from everyone contributing!

bgood 18th October 2015 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrenhuart (Post 11414554)
Haha thanks! I'll tell my wife, she might not agree!

I was just telling a pal of mine who quit the LA and music scene altogether... It's such an amazing time to be a musician, an engineer, etc...

Your videos are the epitome of that. No matter what weird esoteric thing I'd like to know, I can pull up YouTube and find it... Often I end up watching your vids!

Much better than in the old days... Having to sit in, befriend actual musicians ... Just to pull knowledge out of their mind palaces.

warrenhuart 18th October 2015 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brenton (Post 11400085)
Yep, just watching the studio tours today. Good stuff Warren.

Great! Yes that's one of my favourite things to do! I just did one with Joe Baressi! It's going to be Epic! Haha

Only just scratched the surface, he has so much incredible gear and he really knows his onions!!

warrenhuart 18th October 2015 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgood (Post 11414562)
I was just telling a pal of mine who quit the LA and music scene altogether... It's such an amazing time to be a musician, an engineer, etc...

Your videos are the epitome of that. No matter what weird esoteric thing I'd like to know, I can pull up YouTube and find it... Often I end up watching your vids!

Much better than in the old days... Having to sit in, befriend actual musicians ... Just to pull knowledge out of their mind palaces.

Agreed! It's a wonderful time to do music, we can talk to each other all over the world! Music is a universal language!

chrisdee 22nd January 2016 08:43 AM

Came across Produce Like A Pro a few months ago.
I wish I knew about it along time ago. For me (a non professional producer/song writer) your channel is invaluable.

It's just marvellous! Lots of great information, interviews and tips.
Especially love your in depth mix breakdowns. I'm learing alot from them and I hope you keep on posting new mix breakdown videos in the future.

We need more great producers like you on the internet to be able to learn.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Oldone 25th January 2016 04:16 AM

Hey Warren, I grabbed one of the clip on mics mentioned a few episodes ago. Thanks for the tip. Yes, the prices have started to creep up as a result of your episode. Love all that you do and an avid fan. The studio tours are awesome but your instrument and vocal treatment approaches are so very helpful. Thanks for all your hard work. Looking forward to the NAMM videos.

bgood 25th January 2016 05:43 AM

Warren... Stop driving up prices on sweet little James Taylor mics!

RonRock 27th January 2016 12:56 AM

Warren and all of his Produce Like a Pro videos are so amazing, helpful, and very much appreciated. I love what you are doing, Warren, so please do keep it up. For all who do not know, go to https://www.producelikeapro.com/ and sign-up for the Academy. If you love the YouTube stuff, you'll die over the exclusive stuff. BTW, great seeing Matt Starr on drums. I met Matt back "in the day" at the Sting in New Britain, CT. Great to see someone with ties to CT making a living in music. Go Matt!

foamboy 15th February 2016 09:29 PM

Alright, please include me in the Warren Huart love fest. I have just recently been watching his YT channel and it is very gracious of folks like Warren to mentor on such a large scale and for free!

Here's to much good karma coming your way Warren!

fb

warrenhuart 19th February 2016 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisdee (Post 11640109)
Came across Produce Like A Pro a few months ago.
I wish I knew about it along time ago. For me (a non professional producer/song writer) your channel is invaluable.

It's just marvellous! Lots of great information, interviews and tips.
Especially love your in depth mix breakdowns. I'm learing alot from them and I hope you keep on posting new mix breakdown videos in the future.

We need more great producers like you on the internet to be able to learn.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Wow! You are extremely kind! I am so glad to be able to help! I really have an amazing time talking to all of these incredible Producers, Engineers and Mixers!

Have a marvellous time recording and mixing!

Many thanks

Warren

bgood 19th February 2016 09:39 PM

Warren...

Your youtube channel has that great vibe of sitting in the control room talking shop with real cats...

Dig it!

warrenhuart 19th February 2016 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldone (Post 11650645)
Hey Warren, I grabbed one of the clip on mics mentioned a few episodes ago. Thanks for the tip. Yes, the prices have started to creep up as a result of your episode. Love all that you do and an avid fan. The studio tours are awesome but your instrument and vocal treatment approaches are so very helpful. Thanks for all your hard work. Looking forward to the NAMM videos.

Haha Yes I got one of those mics! Unfortunately haven't been able to find a Shure SM53 though! Those sold immediately!

Thanks very much for your kind words!

I am so glad to be able help! This is so much fun to be able do!

Many thanks

Warren

warrenhuart 19th February 2016 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgood (Post 11716764)
Warren...

Your youtube channel has that great vibe of sitting in the control room talking shop with real cats...

Dig it!

Wow! That's so fantastic to hear! It's exactly what I want it to feel like, because it's how it feels to me when I get to do these! I'm truly blessed to be able to sit in a room with these great talents and humble people!

Many thanks

Warren

warrenhuart 19th February 2016 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonRock (Post 11656335)
Warren and all of his Produce Like a Pro videos are so amazing, helpful, and very much appreciated. I love what you are doing, Warren, so please do keep it up. For all who do not know, go to https://www.producelikeapro.com/ and sign-up for the Academy. If you love the YouTube stuff, you'll die over the exclusive stuff. BTW, great seeing Matt Starr on drums. I met Matt back "in the day" at the Sting in New Britain, CT. Great to see someone with ties to CT making a living in music. Go Matt!

Yes, Matt is fantastic! Great guy, great drummer and I am very grateful to have him as a friend!

Thanks for mentioning the Academy! Every month I give away a multitrack to mix and I do a weekly mix critique, extra videos and google hangouts! It's a lot of fun!!

Many thanks

Warren

warrenhuart 19th February 2016 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foamboy (Post 11706167)
Alright, please include me in the Warren Huart love fest. I have just recently been watching his YT channel and it is very gracious of folks like Warren to mentor on such a large scale and for free!

Here's to much good karma coming your way Warren!

fb

Aw shucks! You are very kind!! I love doing the Youtube Videos!!

So glad to be abe to help!

Many thanks

Warren

Evdoggydog 23rd February 2016 02:10 AM

I intently watch every minute of Warrens videos. I really enjoy the unscripted conversation flow. Warrens knowledge of the industry and gear in general is pretty amazing. If you are lurking Warren, did I see that you posted a picture from Jonathan Wilsons studio recently? Are you featuring him soon? ..big fan here.

Songy 28th February 2016 03:18 PM

Check out his videos on hybrid mixing ITB /SSL he actually shows you his settings (while you are listening to the source sounds) INVALUABLE to me at my stage. As are his other vids. I'd sign up for his academy, but it's a little steep for me at the present moment. A monthly option would be an idea Warren if you see this. But there's a wealth of great vids on his youtube channel.

Tubthumper 1st March 2016 12:50 AM

Hi Warren, if you're still out there..... you mentioned that you worked with Dave Sardy, what albums did you two work on together?

Whitecat 1st March 2016 09:45 AM

I'll just leave this here in case anyone missed out when it was new - WCA #036 with Warren Huart - Working Class Audio

bgood 6th March 2016 09:06 AM

Warren:

Curious if you've had a test drive with any of the recent "mastering" plugins... Greg Wells' Waves, Softube's Drawmer or the new IK Lurssen Mastering Console...

Love, love, love your videos, but I don't think I've seen any that deal with finalizing/mastering the mix. Not to say that such a video isn't there, just that I haven't found it... But I'm not very bright.

warrenhuart 10th March 2016 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evdoggydog (Post 11723605)
I intently watch every minute of Warrens videos. I really enjoy the unscripted conversation flow. Warrens knowledge of the industry and gear in general is pretty amazing. If you are lurking Warren, did I see that you posted a picture from Jonathan Wilsons studio recently? Are you featuring him soon? ..big fan here.

Yes coming very soon! Jonathan is great! I had an amzing time and we talked about his beautiful CADAC Console and lot's of other great gear.

Thanks for the wonderful comment, have a marvellous time recording and mixing, many thanks Warren