The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The FireBox has the highest record/playback track count of its size with the ability to record six inputs and playback through ten outputs simultaneously all at proquality 24-bit/96kHz. Two ultra-low noise high headroom microphone/instrument preamplifiers with 48V phantom power are on the front panel for quickly and easily connecting your favorite microphones and instruments. The FireBox also includes a high quality stereo headphone output with volume adjustment on the front panel. The headphone output has its own two channel driver stream which can be used as a separate stereo bus or two-channel output giving you the ability to send a “cue” mix to the headphone output and a main mix to the main output. Two additional balanced TRS line inputs are located on the rear of the FireBox along with six balanced TRS line outputs. Two channels of S/PDIF input/output and MIDI input/output are also included via DB9 breakout cable. A software router/mixer is also included for further flexibility and power. The 1/3U-wide metal chassis of the FireBox is designed to fit the MAXRACK rack-mounting system from PreSonus and can be racked with the TubePRE, COMP16, EQ3B and HP4 for a neat and compact computer recording system.

Discussions

presonus firebox vs focusrite saffire usb 6

Coming from me...someone who has direct experience with a Presonus firebox I can tell the ADA conversion slightly colours sound but to me sounds pretty tight, definitely a steal interface at 150.00USD, what I paid on Amazon last year... FW due to its architecture allows for more instrument/track usage and can record multi channels at...

View Post

Roland Boutique - Three new Roland synth products??

I use one of those white Apple cubes to go from AC --> USB. Zero noise. I'm sorry that everyone else seems to be having issues with theirs. I'm having zero noise issues with my JU-06.

View Post

Have I just discovered a way to convert a FireWire interface to USB?

...into recording I advised him to go with a desktop, not a laptop. Then he went an bought a Presonus Firebox on top of buying a laptop. He used a 1394A card to connect the firewire interface and had nothing but constant crashes and dropouts. I even checked it for him to confirm...

View Post