The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

AudioBox 1818VSL USB 2.0 audio/MIDI interface has you covered with six mic/line inputs and two mic/instruments inputs, each with a crystal-clear, high-headroom XMAX preamp. Want to track the whole band at once and send to multiple sets of monitors, headphone amps, and outboard gear? Connect a PreSonus® DigiMax™ D8 or DigiMax DP88 8-channel preamp/converter via ADAT Optical and a digital device via S/PDIF for a total of 18 inputs and 18 outputs.

Discussions

First time recording for a 5 piece band.

Pair of these? Green12 - 12 Gauge Microphones I haven't heard them but for that price it can't disappoint. Something like this? PreSonus AudioBox 1818VSL | Sweetwater.com If the preamps are the same in the firestudio, I have heard this box and it does well. I've since upgraded to higher end stuff but I wouldn't be afraid of cutting...

View Post

No interfaces for ITB producers

...that uses it. In fact, I'm contemplating selling my Impact Twin and using that cash to buy me a Presonus AudioBox 1818VSL. Besides, for ohmicide's usage, USB2 is just fine.

View Post

Should I use a DI Box?

...record is electric guitar (w/EMG humbucker pickups) and bass (w/EMG J bass pickups) plugged right into my PreSonus AudioBox 1818VSL. And I use Amplitube for my tones since outboard gear isn’t in my budget right now. My basic signal chain is usually EQ, a little compression then Amplitube followed by an Impulse Response.

View Post