The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cant export in Studio One! super choppy and bad export file HELP!
Old 21st August 2012
Lives for gear

Cant export in Studio One! super choppy and bad export file HELP!

OKAY! I used Studio one for awhile! loved it,learned it and was gonna ditch pro tools for it.I had my digi 003 faders and transport buttons going.I recorded my 3rd song into it this past weekend,added a couple plug-ins to the vocal and was gonna export to sent out to the artist.I go to export mixdown thinkin everything is fine but NO,The program got super choppy during export and didnt export the song all the way AND The song was riddled with audio glitches,skips etc. Thought it was my hard drive so i moved the session to my comp and had the same thing.Uninstalled 2.0.5,put in 2.0.6 same prob! im not doin any crazy plug-in work and everything is super smoooth except when exporting which makes this program unuseable for me now.I dont wanna go back to pro tools! got hella errors there and i hate the sound of it.Studio one had a noticable,better diff in sound.Id like to use Reaper but i cant get my 003 faders working (SOMEONE HELP).Anyways i gotta figure this today cause this is slowin down my production.Got deadlines and a record label to run.ANY HELP would be much appreciated! Im familiar with Reaper and would love to use it but i gotta have my 003 faders to work with it or its a no go THX people.
Old 21st August 2012
Gear Maniac

Are you exporting real time? I can't think of what it could be. Maybe a plugin you are using, maybe an application running in the background. But it is strange that it only happens on mixdown and not while mixing.
Old 21st August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toth View Post
Are you exporting real time? I can't think of what it could be. Maybe a plugin you are using, maybe an application running in the background. But it is strange that it only happens on mixdown and not while mixing.
Yes realtime! My studio comp is for music only,no internet or anything in the backround.Offline bounce takes longer than realtime but a bounce in reaper was lightning fast.I transfered the session to my laptop and it exported fine! not as choppy and exported the full file.I dont have the best computer but every other program runs fine.I guess the studio one code was written for more modern computers but if thats the case i wouldnt be able to do anything in studio one.
Old 2nd December 2012
Here for the gear

I had a problem with mixdowns where the file would not play and couldn't recognize the file. So I switched my audio device to ASIO4ALL and it worked. Give er' a try.
Old 3rd December 2012
Lives for gear

I had this problem in Sonar X1 and never did solve it. I moved on to, ironically Studio One
Sorry I can't offer anything to help.
You're not alone though
Old 3rd December 2012
Here for the gear

What settings are you using on export?
Old 11th March 2013
Here for the gear

Hi, im new to studio one and have the same problem, everything sounds fine in s1 artist 2 but when i export mixdown i lost kick and bass, it sounds horrible.

Resolution 24 bit IVE TRIED 16 BIT 32BIT FLOAT
between start and end marks CHECKED
i used both realtime and without realtime checked
PRESONUS 22VSL INTERFACE
HP LAPTOP I5 CORE 6GB RAM
KRK ROKIT 5 MONITORS

can someone help i use fl studio 10 and it sounds fine when
i render and throw it in WINDOWS media player.
i drag my wavS into s1 from fl studio 10 hoping to add vocals
but it sounded horrible WHEN I EXPORTED mixdown, INTO WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER.
I DONT WANNA LAY VOCALS IN S1 IF IT'S GOING TO SOUND LIKE THIS AFTER I SAVE IT.
AS OF RIGHT NOW I WOULDN'T BUY STUDIO ONE PROFESSIONAL SEEING THE RESULTS OF A SAVED SONG IN DEMO
ARTIST 2 IM REALLY THINKING PROTOOLS 10 NOW, FL STUDIO QUALITY IS MUCH BETTER AS FAR AS THE WAV FILE SOUNDING
EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE MIX. S1 SOUNDS AWESOME UNTIL YOU SAVE/EXPORT MIXDOWN, THATS WHEN I GOT LET DOWN.
I TRIED IT WITH EFFECT AND WITHOUT SOUNDED EXACTLY THE SAME TERRIBLE, BUT IN FL STUDIO 10 DEMO IT WAS AWESOME
WHEN I SAVED IT IN A WAV OR MP3. I PREFER WAVS. BUT AFTER NUMEROUS TRIES S1 LET ME DOWN
Old 11th March 2013
Gear Maniac

What is the peak readout on your master buss?
Old 12th March 2013
Here for the gear

no numbers reading out. its not peaking and all tracks have no effects on them, neither does the main out. s1 still sounds muddy, even with all track levels brought down to -6db - -12 db sounds like garbage. fl studio 10 sounds great.
good wav file. funny thing its a demo, but studio one is artist full version and no matter what it sounds horrible. um thinking alesis 8 multimix 8 2.0 usb or 3.0 it comes with cubase. i make hip hop, studio one artist makes me not want studio one pro. imagine spending all that cash for a dumb down pro tools, i rather just get pro tools. presonus 22 vsl sucks, lo i/o. fl studio is not good for vocals or mastering but excelent to make a beat and send it in pro tools or cubase. but when i drag and drop in studio one it sounds good until you get the wav file. wavs sound better than mp3, so i dont want to convert it. i put no effects on the tracks send it in pro tools sounds fine but studio one artist garbage. again BEWARE OF STUDIO ONE ARTIST 2 IT's some BS. IF PRO IS GOOD, I HAVE KNOW CLUE,no videos proving what they say. they mention the 22 vsl and studio one but have it hooked up to 30 different things to get the sound. all videos from presonus is fake. there is not one video showing proof. with only a pc the interface and monitors. its always with mixers and all kinda crap except what your buying. they have already mixed music on all the commercials, using other devices connected to it. but fl studio and pt people have proof. s1 is a joke. BUT I DO KNOW PRO TOOLS HAS WHAT IT TAKES FOR A PROFESSIONAL SOUND. all hip hoppers are making beats in different daws, and throwing it in pro tools and its a hit but s1 artist is no comparison to pro tools. protools demo wavs are excellent, in media player, in cd player, and whatever player. s1 sucks on every play back engine
Old 12th March 2013
Here for the gear

I was totally wrong about studio one. There really was no mixdown issue. It was an acoustic problem. What i thought i was hearing was not the true sound. After moving my workstation from room to room wall to wall, i found that the mixdown was better and better. Until now i realize that i owe my fellow members an update and the truth. Studio one is awesome, but my mix was like crap.
But now its music to ears. Rule one treat room before going out to buy all this gear, and you my find out you don't need compression or better monitors or microphone. Again, i make rap/hip hop, so acoustics is a must when mastering bass, and getting the true sound.
It sounds really good now, i learned how to mix with next to no acoustics only( bed liner-egg foam), i will get fiber acoustic for wall and the ceiling in center of room. This is where i hear most of the bass, and like 3 corners i hear bass build up so i will get bass traps for those 3 corners. I'm using the 38% rule. Is that good? I have a patio window, i thought of using theatre cutains, any suggestions? I still think studio one videos are misleading, seeing most are for pro and none for artist.

I will have some videos up soon for those composing and mastering strictly in studio one artist or using fl studio to compose and studio one artist for vocals and mastering, going into what filters work effectively for bass, automated filters, flanger, old radio effect for distortion, over compression in studio one, tracking out in fl studio and EQing making mp3 files in fl studio after mastering in studio one from documents. how to get all music files together, for both daws. drag and drop(importing is history) optimizing your pc for studio one\ artist, ill probably buy pro just to have it, as well as pro tools just to have it. one more thing, you do have enough effects in s1-artist to master, they make you think you can't master in s-1 artist.

i mean compression is compression, reverb is reverb, a gate is a gate, but not only one but hundreds of these effects in artist, you have to play with your new toy, boys and girls, a he-he, i did shot out to presonus

I will update soon on treatment, again sorry about the false report.
Old 23rd July 2020
Here for the gear

Can anyone help me I cant import or export anything into studio one I keep getting access denied
📝 Reply