The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anyone using Presonus Studio one with Audinate Dante PCIe cards?
Old 1st August 2020
Here for the gear
Anyone using Presonus Studio one with Audinate Dante PCIe cards?

Hi,

I am having some real trouble (for more than 12 months, trying three different workstations, two of which were freshly installed) using either the Focusrite or Yamaha Dante PCIe cards, based on Audinate design and drivers in combination with Presonus Studio One, v4 and v5. The DAW simply crashes after some actions such as mixdown and bouncing audio which does not happen with other ASIO drivers on the same system. On the other hand the Audinate ASIO driver works fine in Cubase and Reaper, so it seems to be a problem of the combination SO AND Audinate-based PCIe ASIO drivers. Does someone out there have similar or contrary experiences?

Best regards,

Marc
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear
i've used focusrite red16liine via dante card with S1 3 for years. no real issues once it was setup. I just upgraded my mac os to mojave and s1 4. i haven't tried it with dante yet but will over the next few days. will report back with my findings.

ej
Old 16th August 2020
Here for the gear
Thanks! - Did you use the focusrite dante card as well or was it a different one?
Old 17th August 2020
Lives for gear
i'm using the focusrite card. everything seems to be working just fine. the dante card and interface are doubling as a sound card for my entire computer. I will start working on the system tomorrow but so far no real issues to report.
Old 17th August 2020
Here for the gear
This is really interesting, I tested three different computers (different CPUs, different Mobos), 2 of which were brand new, fresh installs with nothing but Win10, updates/patches, SO and the focusrite or yamaha version of the audinate drivers. All three show the same problem, both with the focusrite card and also with the yamaha card! - Focusrite acknowledged the error, meaning the could reproduce it, and contacted audinate which has recently started to work on the issue. If you could it would be great to know the driver version you are using and maybe the windows version. Thanks!
Old 17th August 2020
Lives for gear
i am mac based. specifically what would you like me to test? i'll try to get to it today and report back.

ej
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Ok, makes sense, so I guess this error does not happen on Mac, only on PC which probably makes sense given that the driver will be completely different. I incorrectly thought you came from PC to Mac, so that was my bad, I should have stated being on PC more clearly! - Thanks!
๐Ÿ“ Reply