The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Connecting Arturia Beatstep Pro with Studio One 4
Old 17th July 2020
Connecting Arturia Beatstep Pro with Studio One 4

I'm trying to get my Beatstep Pro set up in Studio One, but can't seem to figure something out regarding the Receive From / Send To options in the Create External Devices menu..

I've gone through the usual steps of Studio One > Options > External Devices > Add and then added the Beatstep as a new Keyboard device. When I select MIDI Receive From / Send To drop down boxes, there are two options: "Arturia Beatstep Pro" (presumably created manually when I added the device), but also "MIDIIN2 (Arturia Beatstep Pro) / MIDIOUT2 (Arturia Beatstep Pro)" (automatically listed after Studio One recognised the USB device perhaps?)

Can anyone advise which Receive From / Send To options I need to be selecting here? The first option (based on the keyboard I created manually) seems to recognise MIDI notes off the pads, but I'm unsure if this is right......
Old 25th July 2020
Lives for gear

The in2 / out 2 ports will refer to non-usb ports, so in your case the midi mini jacks.
📝 Reply