The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Studio One Remote Question
Old 11th July 2020
Gear Maniac
Question Studio One Remote Question

Anybody here a regular user of the Studio One Remote app?

Generally, it's a great app that really integrates well but I'm confused about something.

It seems that the macro controls on the app are only for inserts and not for virtual instruments. Yes, you can map controls on the insert macros to the virtual instrument parameters, however there's only eight knobs, eight buttons and two X-Y pads.

There seems to be a specific UCNET Remote page specifically for instruments with sixteen knobs eight buttons and one X-Y pad. You can see this in Studio One if you open a virtual instrument then open the UCNET Remote page for it. It'll pop up in the External Devices window. However, for the life of me, I can't seem to get to that set of macros from within the Studio One Remote app.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is the app missing functionality?
Old 21st July 2020
Gear Maniac

The Remote seems to have been largely ignored since it was released as Presonus haven't added new features for some time.
I would love the ability to reorder the tabs as currently you can edit them and create your own but can't change the order that they sit in
Old 22nd July 2020
Lives for gear

I wish that would have worked for Android 4.4, because I have a 10" tablet and it would have displayed nice.
📝 Reply