The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Finally, layered plugin controls on MC devices..
Old 22nd June 2020
Lives for gear

Finally, layered plugin controls on MC devices..

And the ability to link send pan with channel pan!!

Two more S1 firsts for my map project

The plugin layers for me were the holy grail, because even if you only have a single controller unit you can now have 50 controls per plugin!
2 layers of encoders, encoder buttons and faders plus the 9th fader and jogwheel.

If you do have an extender, the control count increases to 98 per plugin, (as above but no 9th fader/jog obviously).

You can assign controls directly from the controller and to access the second layer you can either lock them on using flip, or switch momentarily using Shift.

They're all saved to the main device's mapping file so only one surfacedata file to backup/keep track of.

I'm super excited about this because it means genuinely comprehensive plugin control is now integrated into the daw controller for the first time.

The linked channel pan and send pan is a pretty big omission in S1's sends controlset, and I've been trying to add it for a while.
It's still a bit raw as a feature (can only link one send slot at a time) but it's quite an improvement over nothing!

Will refine it over time but what I'd really like to see is PreSonus add a 'lock' function for sends just the same as you have for cues.
Not sure why that wasn't an option from the beginning, but there you go - it's not an exotic feature, it's bread and butter..
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear