The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Studio One - How to find tempo and key?
Old 22nd April 2020
Lives for gear

Studio One - How to find tempo and key?

How do I find the tempo of an imported track?

How do I find the key?
Old 22nd April 2020
Lives for gear

Anyone?
Old 27th April 2020
Lives for gear

It can take a while for an answer here. Great fundamental question though!

I wonder if there isn't better ways to do it since whatever they said other times and I too await someone who does this day in and day out to shed the light.
Old 29th April 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM View Post
It can take a while for an answer here. Great fundamental question though!

I wonder if there isn't better ways to do it since whatever they said other times and I too await someone who does this day in and day out to shed the light.
It doesnt make sense that there isnt a feature. It will map chords for you but not give you the key? And it cant map the tempo which should be easy.

I use melodyne to get the key, its easy but it seems like more work than it should be.

I dont know how to get tempo. I tap it manually to get it close for FX but if I want to start cutting and moving a 2 track around, I cant do it with ease of grids.
Old 29th April 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap217 View Post
It doesnt make sense that there isnt a feature. It will map chords for you but not give you the key? And it cant map the tempo which should be easy.

I use melodyne to get the key, its easy but it seems like more work than it should be.

I dont know how to get tempo. I tap it manually to get it close for FX but if I want to start cutting and moving a 2 track around, I cant do it with ease of grids.
I know Studio One has had at least two ways to get Tempo into place over music you brought in or recorded. But, at some point I think it was a when a perfect storm happened - there was a technical bug which compounded the problem in this and another area and I didn't end up learning the latest method. The earlier one was murder!

I'll edit this when I remember what it was. But yeah for the meantime that's what I do, is click in the Tempo and at least get the plugins in sync, but like you say it's no substitute for the markers in place all the way through.

But I'll say this, if this was Reaper, you hit M every bar which makes a marker. Adjust any markers that are a bit off, and convert the markers to bars. Temp all good.

This is one reason I'm trying to find an intermediate format for Reaper and Studio One to convert with, whether AAF or the other one. Studio One exports AAF easily but so far Reaper looks to be OMF.
Old 4th May 2020
Lives for gear

Something to think about in the meantime; beating around the bush here...

I relate to those 1-minute videos from Gregor (? Presonus guy).
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear