The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
A few things to make Studio One a bit more like pro tools
Old 16th April 2020
Here for the gear

A few things to make Studio One a bit more like pro tools

Hello....I just switched from pro tools to studio one. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. After using it for a bit, im still having some problems adjusting to the cursor. I just missing things like click anywhere and the song will play from there. Double click and it selects the region. It's taking me double the time to edit anything.

Also i'm confused as to why when you select a region that includes empty space and duplicate it...it doesn't actually duplicate it. It's explained in on this page.

https://answers.presonus.com/12179/n...ate-cut-delete

I'm really enjoying the program, just trying to ease the transition for myself! I've already setup all my shortcuts and what not. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Old 16th April 2020
Lives for gear

Well S1 isn't Protools, so it won't have all the same behaviours, obviously.
You'll just have to get used to some differences, that's the cost of moving to a new platform, however, you can try and reconfigure elements where possible to mimic behaviour you like, just don't get disappointed if you can't get 1:1 correlation

A good place to start to see if you can recreate protools features is via macros.
You can combine commands to create new behaviours, so a bit of trial and error might get you what you want (but might not!).
S1 doesn't currently support scrub for example, but you can create it via macros.

Go to options at the command bar (prefs on mac) and select macro organiser, then create a macro and start looking through the available commands to see what you can piece together.

Ps there is an option to locate when clicked in empty space - if playback is running it might continue from that click (not sure as daw isn't on and I don't have that enabled on my system).
📝 Reply