The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Speculating if next update will be free?
Old 10th April 2020
Lives for gear

Speculating if next update will be free?

A sale at Plugin Boutique is the reason Joey Sleuth breaks out the monocle

But you figure if there's s sale, you're probably not going to charge them again for an update again. But now that I think of it that was done before, a sale and recent buyers had the upgrade fee waived.

I really just want the broken drag & drop audio fixed without paying more!
Old 14th May 2020
Lives for gear

What is the issue with Drag and Drop audio?
Old 18th May 2020
Gear Nut

How is drag and drop broken, and no the update won't be free. Did you fill out a support ticket?
Old 18th May 2020
Lives for gear

It's just an annoyance that everything else in DAW land you can drag a file to the track and go from there. But Stdio One for being the drag & drop paradise seems to have forgot the most basic use of it.

No i didn't make a support ticket. Yes I'll plan on the update Black Friday because I couldn't get the previous update in time...
Old 19th May 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM View Post
It's just an annoyance that everything else in DAW land you can drag a file to the track and go from there. But Stdio One for being the drag & drop paradise seems to have forgot the most basic use of it.

No i didn't make a support ticket. Yes I'll plan on the update Black Friday because I couldn't get the previous update in time...
I was running into a similar issue with some VSTs and Ableton a while ago. Are you on Windows by chance?

If so, restarting file explorer fixed the issue for me, I believe this is the article I used: https://ugetfix.com/ask/how-to-fix-n...on-windows-10/

Hope that helps!
Old 20th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:

I can drag and drop audio and everything I have needed to. What specifically is it that is not drag and droppable?
Old 20th May 2020
Gear Maniac

Dgra & drop works fine in S1, check your OS.
Old 20th May 2020
Lives for gear

Reaper 6 and ACON Acoustica 7 drag and drop fine but S1 doesn't, and has that additional focus problem. Its too easy to stop everything if you click outside S1's window set. So it would seem the two problems are related. I appreciate the help everyone, but drag and drop works fine otherwise.
I'm stumped!
Old 20th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Reaper 6 and ACON Acoustica 7 drag and drop fine but S1 doesn't, and has that additional focus problem. Its too easy to stop everything if you click outside S1's window set. So it would seem the two problems are related. I appreciate the help everyone, but drag and drop works fine otherwise.
I'm stumped!
I still don't understand what you mean, your descriptions are very cryptic.
Old 21st May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevron View Post
I still don't understand what you mean, your descriptions are very cryptic.
Plus I'm ADD and get carried away by anything shiny .

On the drag & drop, it's the way I many times start things is drag a wave or flac across where it's going to be a track and drop. Acoustica works fine, you drag a wave over the window and it's ready to play. Reaper is great. S1 however it doesn't work. You have to import it or some other way.

Maybe I let the cat out of the bag in saying i have ADD, because it shows that a flow-breaker like that wrecks me more than it does most others.

FWIW I had to use Pro Tools for four years 20 years ago at Uni and I never want to see it again
Old 21st May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Plus I'm ADD and get carried away by anything shiny .

On the drag & drop, it's the way I many times start things is drag a wave or flac across where it's going to be a track and drop. Acoustica works fine, you drag a wave over the window and it's ready to play. Reaper is great. S1 however it doesn't work. You have to import it or some other way.

Maybe I let the cat out of the bag in saying i have ADD, because it shows that a flow-breaker like that wrecks me more than it does most others.

FWIW I had to use Pro Tools for four years 20 years ago at Uni and I never want to see it again
All good J. I think you must have some problem because I can drag from outside the app to a track. drag from the browser and anywhere I try to.
Old 21st May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevron View Post
All good J. I think you must have some problem because I can drag from outside the app to a track. drag from the browser and anywhere I try to.
Are you on Mac? It's very possible one of the O & O Shutup Windows 10 tame'ifier settings is the culprit. I say that because I thought the computer's mic wasn't working and adjusting the setting got it going.

The two machines here, both are quadcore, one is Intel and the other AMD. But Windows 10 and the tweaker are the same.

Anyway I'll be happy to admit it was pilot error (turbulence ) if I get this worked out.

Thanks Chevron!
Old 21st May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Are you on Mac? It's very possible one of the O & O Shutup Windows 10 tame'ifier settings is the culprit. I say that because I thought the computer's mic wasn't working and adjusting the setting got it going.

The two machines here, both are quadcore, one is Intel and the other AMD. But Windows 10 and the tweaker are the same.

Anyway I'll be happy to admit it was pilot error (turbulence ) if I get this worked out.

Thanks Chevron!
Yes I am on Mac OS, and I did try to find some things with audio drag and drop that wouldn't work, but all smooth and expected.

If you're having the same issue on 2 computers something must be awry. Drop a ticket at Presonus support and see what they say.
Old 21st May 2020
Lives for gear

I'm using S1v4 on Win10 and Win7. Drag and drop from explorer works just fine without any tricks.
Old 22nd May 2020
I have had drag and drop do weird things in S1.

I think it may have had something to do the option that syncs audio bpm (can't recall what it's called in S1).

If I did the import file method when that happened, it would import correctly.
Old 22nd May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmission View Post
I have had drag and drop do weird things in S1.

I think it may have had something to do the option that syncs audio bpm (can't recall what it's called in S1).

If I did the import file method when that happened, it would import correctly.
Turn off "Stretch audio files to song tempo"
Attached Thumbnails
Speculating if next update will be free?-sipro.jpg  
Old 22nd May 2020
I think I may have done that at this point. I haven't had the problem in some time.
Old 22nd May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuasalogam View Post
Turn off "Stretch audio files to song tempo"
Thanks for trying; it didn't do the trick yet, but something will tun up.

Thing is, again, Reaper and Acoustica allow drag & drop to the main window and a track creates itself out of it. Just not S1 .
Old 22nd May 2020
Is the problem that you are having, that it doesn't create a new track for you? Is it putting the audio on existing tracks instead?

If I import audio, and am not careful S1 will place it on an existing track. Maybe you are seeing the same sort of behavior, just with drag and drop instead of import.

Hope that makes sense. It's Friday, and I'm drinking early
Old 22nd May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmission View Post
Is the problem that you are having, that it doesn't create a new track for you? Is it putting the audio on existing tracks instead?

If I import audio, and am not careful S1 will place it on an existing track. Maybe you are seeing the same sort of behavior, just with drag and drop instead of import.

Hope that makes sense. It's Friday, and I'm drinking early

I raise my recently-legal smoking implement to you!
Old 23rd May 2020
Lives for gear

@ JoeyM
Well, not sure what happened with your Studio One and/or Windows, but it should work.

I remember having similar problem in Wavelab years ago. Drag & drop works in my laptop, but didn't work on my studio PC. Can't remember how I fixed it, but it was related to Windows' registry or permission setting.
Old 23rd May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuasalogam View Post
@ JoeyM
Well, not sure what happened with your Studio One and/or Windows, but it should work.

I remember having similar problem in Wavelab years ago. Drag & drop works in my laptop, but didn't work on my studio PC. Can't remember how I fixed it, but it was related to Windows' registry or permission setting.
SOLVED! Of all things: I was running S1 as Administrator and turning that off worked

I thank you all for looking into this because it took a while to find the culprit.

If anyone wants to speculate what Presonus has against the Administrator account here
Old 25th May 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
A sale at Plugin Boutique is the reason Joey Sleuth breaks out the monocle

But you figure if there's s sale, you're probably not going to charge them again for an update again. But now that I think of it that was done before, a sale and recent buyers had the upgrade fee waived.

I really just want the broken drag & drop audio fixed without paying more!
It'll be a pro if the next update is free. But I'll pay for the next update if it'll include independent loop and punch markers, MPE, and something that makes is viable for live use (whether it's live looping like what Ableton, Logic, and DP are offering), quantized/smooth seeking (like REAPER), or free integrated score editing. If nothing significant than I can't see S1 being anything more than a small cult's favorite.
Old 25th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfeltgood View Post
It'll be a pro if the next update is free. But I'll pay for the next update if it'll include independent loop and punch markers, MPE, and something that makes is viable for live use (whether it's live looping like what Ableton, Logic, and DP are offering), quantized/smooth seeking (like REAPER), or free integrated score editing. If nothing significant than I can't see S1 being anything more than a small cult's favorite.
Yeah... itโ€™s a pretty fringe cult product at this point for sure
Old 25th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Yeah... itโ€™s a pretty fringe cult product at this point for sure
I'm sure it's worth whatever they want for it but I'm also eyeing an upgrade from Melodyne Editor to Studio (there's a minor and possibly untrue reason to think Melodyne will have a sale mid summer or otherwise sooner than black Friday. And there's still a lot of chord wheel i still need to learn in existing S1.

I so wish this could be Rewired with Reaper and run that way forever, they're so complimentary me thinks. Reaper would seem to have the edge in efficiency and if so heavy lift where S1 could use its strengths too.
Old 25th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm sure it's worth whatever they want for it but I'm also eyeing an upgrade from Melodyne Editor to Studio (there's a minor and possibly untrue reason to think Melodyne will have a sale mid summer or otherwise sooner than black Friday. And there's still a lot of chord wheel i still need to learn in existing S1.

I so wish this could be Rewired with Reaper and run that way forever, they're so complimentary me thinks. Reaper would seem to have the edge in efficiency and if so heavy lift where S1 could use its strengths too.
Why canโ€™t you Rewire it with reaper? Are you you using s1 pro?
Old 25th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Why canโ€™t you Rewire it with reaper? Are you you using s1 pro?
I'm probably brain damaged Really? See right now I'm midway through moving so I don't have the twin screens up. This is a time of hunter-gathering

I'll look into that ASAP and thanks and duh!
Old 28th May 2020
Quote:
SOLVED! Of all things: I was running S1 as Administrator and turning that off worked

I thank you all for looking into this because it took a while to find the culprit.

If anyone wants to speculate what Presonus has against the Administrator account here
Well that's one I never heard before.

Amazing
Old 10th June 2020
Gear Maniac

v4.6.2 just came out and it's free!
Old 11th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_mixer View Post
v4.6.2 just came out and it's free!

I was shocked too! Not only that it's free but actually relieved there's no major new features requiring a learning curve.

Thanks Presonus
๐Ÿ“ Reply