The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
studio one eating up a ton of CPU
Old 4th April 2020
studio one eating up a ton of CPU

Just switched over to studio one from reaper. It's eating up a TON of CPU. My computer is fast. Ryzen 2700x and 32g RAM. I have a small project open with perfect drums, 3 tracks on Kontact and two tracks of sample tank (mirislov). And its using 40% CPU? I'm going to run of juice quickly. My computer is set up for production too. No apps running in the background. Everything has been optimized for music.
Anyone else experience this?? If this is the way studio one runs I just wasted $300
Old 10th April 2020
Lives for gear

You only have one instance running of each, or multiple instances?
Old 10th April 2020
Lives for gear
Do you have tracks armed?
Old 14th April 2020
Just put dropout protection to minimum, just like Cubase' AsioGuard, it causes more problems than it's worth.
Old 14th April 2020
Lives for gear

I see you added a graphic there.

Is it absolutely essential to have three instances of Kontakt and two instances of Miroslav running??
Not very efficient workflow..
Old 14th April 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgueritual View Post
Just switched over to studio one from reaper. It's eating up a TON of CPU. My computer is fast. Ryzen 2700x and 32g RAM. I have a small project open with perfect drums, 3 tracks on Kontact and two tracks of sample tank (mirislov). And its using 40% CPU? I'm going to run of juice quickly. My computer is set up for production too. No apps running in the background. Everything has been optimized for music.
Anyone else experience this?? If this is the way studio one runs I just wasted $300
What does your Windows resource manager say that your cpu usage is? I’m not geeky enough to explain this to you, but, head over to the presonus forums to get an explanation of what’s really happening (and what’s not) with regard to the meter with studio one
Old 16th May 2020
Possibly something within "settings?" I'm also using AMD Ryzen 2700X with 16gb RAM with at least 50 or more Tracks per song with a lot of 3rd party Plug-ins and some heavy Synth/Midi programs, extremely low Latency, Buffer Rate etc. Using IR Loader and Amp Sims on a number of tracks. Running 64 Double Precision Engine and most of my Plugins (FabFilter, Waves, iZotope, Melda Production, SofTube, Gullfoss etc.) I'm also using "Look Ahead Processing" and my CPU is running around 22%. Studio One Pro has been a very "solid" program and almost never crashes (unless I Accidentally delete a program file?) i'm using SSD Pro version, Windows 10 Pro etc.

Everything has been Optimized and not necessarily for music alone as I work with Clients as a session musician, in my studio or digital transfer, hope you find whats wrong....
Old 17th May 2020
Lives for gear

Did you try increasing your interface buffer size ? also try switching dropout protection to Minimum.
Old 17th May 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
I see you added a graphic there.

Is it absolutely essential to have three instances of Kontakt and two instances of Miroslav running??
Not very efficient workflow..
Jeez, I often have over a dozen instances of Kontact running! Never had to think about it it just works.
Old 17th May 2020
Lives for gear

Whats your sample rate and buffer settings? I have older CPU than you and dont have such issues and I am using far more heavy plugins than you. Also, be sure that some oversampling setting isnt set to 16x or something like that...
📝 Reply