The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Loud pops when plugin starts
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Loud pops when plugin starts

I’ve been dealing with some issues using multiple exponential audio reverbs at the same time. There is a audio buffer bug specific to Studio One where the plugin can be initialized with garbage data, destroying the revereration with extremely loud noise. The developer did some corrections in the latest version and things looked fine for a while. But now the issue is back for some reason.

Anyone else experienced similar issued with plugins? Like loud pops or noise when starting audio?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trondolsen View Post
I’ve been dealing with some issues using multiple exponential audio reverbs at the same time. There is a audio buffer bug specific to Studio One where the plugin can be initialized with garbage data, destroying the revereration with extremely loud noise. The developer did some corrections in the latest version and things looked fine for a while. But now the issue is back for some reason.

Anyone else experienced similar issued with plugins? Like loud pops or noise when starting audio?
What platform and audio drivers? I usually use RME Fireface drivers but always have ASIO4ALL nearby because that solves some problems. Also will Exponential plugins multi-process better if it's within a certain folder type?

Those are too good of plugins to have that going on, but there's always a way
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM View Post
What platform and audio drivers? I usually use RME Fireface drivers but always have ASIO4ALL nearby because that solves some problems. Also will Exponential plugins multi-process better if it's within a certain folder type?

Those are too good of plugins to have that going on, but there's always a way
I'm on Windows 10 and have a usb-connected Mixpre II (Sound Devices). The driver is ASIO developed by usb-audio.de. In Studio One I run on 24bit/96kHz and all my plugins are vst2 64-bit.

It should be mentioned I managed to recreate the bug in an example project. I tried to run it through Presonus but they referred me to the plugin developer, which did release a fix and the example project no longer gives the bug. Though sadly it didn't fix everything permanently.

What do you mean btw by "multi-process better if it's within a certain folder type"?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trondolsen View Post
What do you mean btw by "multi-process better if it's within a certain folder type"?
I was sort of off on a tangent trying to troubleshoot if under-processing was a contributing factor.
I forget though, is it a buss that S1 multi processes more than a regular track?

I've used Reaper since v3 and am still learning and optimizing S1, and have spent massive time with some parts of S1 but I forget where you drop your FX that forces better multicore optimization?
Old 1 week ago
That's strange. I have everything they make, and haven't had anything happen.

Any difference if you do it as an insert or an aux?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmission View Post
That's strange. I have everything they make, and haven't had anything happen.

Any difference if you do it as an insert or an aux?
I can't recreate the bug now. But it did happend when I used 2 aux, each with a reverb (r4 or nimbus with at least one using a large room).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search