I'm anxious to see what 4.6 brings!

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/stu...studios-london
Old 29th November 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCat View Post

Ditto, I'm personally hoping for MPE and improved midi functionality.
Old 29th November 2019
Lives for gear
Same here.
Old 1st December 2019
Gear Maniac

Please have somebody demonstrate these new features in a way that will inspire people other than mix engineers. No 2 hour talk about tech talk, and moving a fader up and down for an hour. Right now the technical aspects of studio one is overshadowed by the creative aspects.

Would be interested to see the update. I have been using FL 20 as of late.
Old 4th December 2019
Well, any updates from the launch party? Put down your free drinks for a minute and let us know!
Old 4th December 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmahan40 View Post
Ditto, I'm personally hoping for MPE and improved midi functionality.
Same here, but people on the SO forum are waiting for 3 years already.....
Old 4th December 2019
Lives for gear

Catalina compatible? If so I am waiting for the release to update.
Old 4th December 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapeDub View Post
Well, any updates from the launch party? Put down your free drinks for a minute and let us know!
yeah, any news? would be nice to hear something. still 4.5 as downloadable package though, hope they release the update publicly today
Old 4th December 2019
Lives for gear

Here's some second-hand info posted a few minutes ago from someone on Presonus' Community Forums:

4.6 New Features will be:
-Updated browser UI with the New Gallery view.
-Can now convert instrument parts- patterns
-PreSonus Exchange interface updated
-Support for tied notes & patterns.
-Improved tempo-matching.

-New Podcast Production Template/ Macro page.
-New plugin: Pedal Board.
-Updated Ampire.
-State Space Modelling amp and FX
-dynamic moving image - as opposed to snapshots.
Load your own IRs.
Old 4th December 2019
Gear Head

Love the software. Must say though Presonus campaigns and announcements have been a bit odd from time to time, its like their promotion was made by different organisations. still no mail about it, no official channels with details about when this is going to be released..
Old 5th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Rosebrook View Post
Here's some second-hand info posted a few minutes ago from someone on Presonus' Community Forums:

4.6 New Features will be:
-Updated browser UI with the New Gallery view.
-Can now convert instrument parts- patterns
-PreSonus Exchange interface updated
-Improved tempo-matching.

-New Podcast Production Template/ Macro page.
-New plugin: Pedal Board.
-Updated Ampire.
-State Space Modelling amp and FX
-dynamic moving image - as opposed to snapshots.
Load your own IRs.
Sweet! Very appreciated updates but also nice to remember the Exchange and share some great presets .

Looking forward to the update if it's complimentary.
Old 5th December 2019
Lives for gear

Much prefer if they would stop constantly updating for free and followed Avid’s approach with Pro Tools Ultimate.
Charging $400 a year for 2 updates, one which was mostly video for post people. This is the model they should follow to keep customers.
Old 5th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Pyramid View Post
Much prefer if they would stop constantly updating for free and followed Avid’s approach with Pro Tools Ultimate.
Charging $400 a year for 2 updates, one which was mostly video for post people. This is the model they should follow to keep customers.
Surely you jest?
Old 5th December 2019
Lives for gear

Definitely one for the guitarists..

The amp and pedal modelling sounded awesome.
Considering how much decent amp sims go for, having them bundled for free is a nice bonus, and the latency was non-existent, even using a mediocre MacBook (they were using a Quantum interface).

The performances were cool as well, very nice guitars, vocals and bass laid down by Paul Drew & Abi Jones (bass by the bass on demand guy, can't remember the name/website ) and was great to get to speak to Jody Wisternoff, many of my favourite tunes from the 90's are of Way Out West's doing and have a permanent place in my vinyl collection!

Emmavie's presentation was tough for her because she only had a mouse to use while trying to navigate between tracks and plugs but the music was awesome.

And yeah, free bar, what's not to like?
Old 5th December 2019
Nothing official yet. No word from presonus, not even a comment on their official forum. I don't understand what was the point of that "party" in UK. All the fuss for nothing.
Old 5th December 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by willem1958 View Post
Same here, but people on the SO forum are waiting for 3 years already.....
Looks like we'll be waiting for a while longer...
Old 5th December 2019
Lives for gear

They stated at the 'launch' which was a pre-release event really, that it will be available publicly on the 10th Dec.
Old 5th December 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
They stated at the 'launch' which was a pre-release event really, that it will be available publicly on the 10th Dec.
Did they state if it was going to be a free or paid update?
Old 5th December 2019
js1
Lives for gear

It will most certainly be free. Presonus has only charged for x.0 (i.e. 3.0, 4.0) major releases, and unlike others, doesn't even charge for x.5 (3.5, 4.5).
Old 5th December 2019
Gear Nut

THIS is what I've been waiting for, aaaah. The patterns / pattern editor will finally be fully functional. Without note ties, the (non-drum) pattern editor was useless.
Old 5th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM View Post
Surely you jest?
Yes. Sarcasm confirmed.
Old 7th December 2019
Gear Maniac
Pedalboard will be cool if it's any good. The new Ampire will have to be VERY good to dethrone SGear for me though.
Old 7th December 2019
Lives for gear
Have the solved the issues of E-drum Cymbal mutes on MIDI channel 10. IE the polyphonic aftertouch issue?

This is the one feature preventing my switch from Cubase.
Old 8th December 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Pyramid View Post
Ha ha good one.
Old 8th December 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpsbb View Post
Pedalboard will be cool if it's any good. The new Ampire will have to be VERY good to dethrone SGear for me though.
S-Gear is great, I agree Ampire has some way to go. Ever tried the NeuralDSP stuff though? Plini is fantastic! so really, I think when it comes to Amp sims, there's little value that can be added for most with the awesome (and often affordable) 3rd party choices available.

Me personally, I'd love to see MPE support in this update.
Old 8th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hausland
I agree Ampire has some way to go.
You must have missed that this is an update/upgrade for Ampire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hausland
so really, I think when it comes to Amp sims, there's little value that can be added for most with the awesome (and often affordable) 3rd party choices available.
You haven't heard it yet!

And it's usually quite difficult to beat 'free' when it comes to value for money..
Old 8th December 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCat View Post

Seems nothing...
Old 8th December 2019
Gear Maniac
re: new Ampire...

if it's great, and it's free? I'm ok with that.

Will have to wait and see and make up my own mind.
Old 9th December 2019
Here for the gear

@ que rtz, you sort of missed my point.

Amp sims are ubiquitous, great ones can be had for little money or free, exceptional ones can be had for not much money as well.

Studio One is a great DAW on a nice trajectory, though as a DAW there are a few things it could do better (eg MPE support, Input monitoring during playback etc).

All I’m saying is, I can get an amp sim elsewhere, but if my DAW doesn’t support MPE, then it doesn’t support MPE. So upgrading Ampire they’ll have to put quite some work into it to make it sound anywhere near to some of the best options available (it was OK already, so upgrading it to be OK wouldn’t add much) - and my point was: I’d love to see that time and energy go into infrastructural stuff, the features that are essentially a matter of DAW choice rather than complementary (eg new plugins).

But if you’re super excited by it and think it’s the thing Studio One was definitely lacking, by all means, enjoy.
Old 9th December 2019
Lives for gear

You're putting words in my mouth.

I didn't say the upgrade to Ampire was fundamentally important or the best thing since sliced bread etc, I'm not a guitarist, but it will be great to have as a re-amping option when mixing though, for sure, even though I don't 'need' it.
I've bought two UAD amp Sims and am now happy I don't have to buy any more.
You assume too much and then base your judgments on false assumptions (Ampire 'going from ok to ok').
You haven't even heard it!

You're making the mistake of thinking that what's important to you is important to everybody else.
I couldn't care less about mpe.
However, because I'm objective, I can see the value it will have for others.
You're failing to do the same for people that play guitar.

Have you even seen the list of which vstis support mpe?
It's underwhelming to say the least.
In fact it's sparse beyond belief.
So what good is it for the vast numbers of people that use vstis it doesn't support.
It's therefore still niche in overall terms.

Studio One is still relatively young, and 4.6 is a free incremental update.
Studio one is one of the only daws that adds significant upgrades between major product versions that doesn't charge for them, and each time brings something genuinely valuable and useful, and attempts to spread these out between ALL its various types of users.

Just because you're not getting a very specific feature that you personally want, doesn't mean S1 isn't delivering.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search