The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Studio One 4.6 Launch Party
Old 9th December 2019
  #31
Anyone know when 4.6 will be available?
Old 9th December 2019
  #32
Lives for gear
 
Quetz's Avatar
Supposed to be tomorrow..
Old 9th December 2019
  #33
Here for the gear
 
hausland's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
You're putting words in my mouth

[...]

Just because you're not getting a very specific feature that you personally want, doesn't mean S1 isn't delivering.
lol, ok. Enjoy.
Old 9th December 2019
  #34
Lives for gear
 
Quetz's Avatar
I do!
It's a great platform.

Look, nobody is saying it's perfect, and there are midi features that should be implemented (such as another aftertouch feature - polyphonic aftertouch which the e-drummers have been crying out for for as long time).

I just think you need to be a little more reasonable and patient when it comes to feature roll out.

Everyone wants the thing that they use the most/find the most invaluable NOW, but the reality is that Studio One has been around for only about a third of the time that Cubase has, for example.

You could argue that there are other platforms that are also new, that have integrated the feature you're asking for, but those platforms a) are designed for a more niche user base so can afford to focus on specific things and b) do not deliver at all in several major areas that S1 does.

I don't see swarms of ProTools users getting excited about moving to Bitwig, for example, and there is a reason for that.

Manage your expectations, and if S1 isn't right for you now, then use what is right for you and switch when it offers what you need.
It really is that simple.
But don't complain and act as if S1 isn't pulling up slack.
It aspires to be an amazing all-rounder platform, and that takes time to pull together.
Old 9th December 2019
  #35
Lives for gear
 
ionian's Avatar
My fear is that it's going down the same route that Sonar did -which is to put effort into trying to switch you to using their plugin offerings, of which there already are more superior third party versions- instead of putting that energy into giving it functionality that should have been there from the first day it was released.
Old 9th December 2019
  #36
Lives for gear
 
Quetz's Avatar
Isn't it exhausting being so overwhelmingly negative about absolutely everything?

There is zero evidence of that.
They've been bringing some of their core stock plugs up to date in line with offerings from the major players plus also saving their users money by including stuff for free that you'd normally have to shell out via a third party for.

It takes a special kind of pessimist to see that as a bad thing

There isn't a single daw on the planet that on first release included every function and feature to the standard they wanted.
If that was the benchmark for market entry there'd be no daws at all!

Or are you seriously suggesting that daw makers should aim for mediocrity when it comes to stock plugs, just because third party plugin devs exist?

What a stupid argument.
Old 9th December 2019
  #37
Lives for gear
 
ionian's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
Isn't it exhausting being so overwhelmingly negative about absolutely everything?

There is zero evidence of that.
They've been bringing some of their core stock plugs up to date in line with offerings from the major players plus also saving their users money by including stuff for free that you'd normally have to shell out via a third party for.

It takes a special kind of pessimist to see that as a bad thing

There isn't a single daw on the planet that on first release included every function and feature to the standard they wanted.
If that was the benchmark for market entry there'd be no daws at all!

Or are you seriously suggesting that daw makers should aim for mediocrity when it comes to stock plugs, just because third party plugin devs exist?

What a stupid argument.
Lol we get it. You're a fanboy. It must be exhausting having your nose buried so far up presonus' rear end that you can't smell anything else but their sh!t.
Old 9th December 2019
  #38
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
My fear is that it's going down the same route that Sonar did -which is to put effort into trying to switch you to using their plugin offerings, of which there already are more superior third party versions- instead of putting that energy into giving it functionality that should have been there from the first day it was released.
I tend to agree.

The focus, to me, should be copying whatever Logic does for low latency monitoring, adding support for multi-ch/surround, make import session data more robust, true mono track to stereo FX support, dual mono pan option for the mixer etc.

Included plugins have a good chance to scoop up a lower end and newbies of the market, which is fine, but right now they have good potential to pick up a lot of PT users that are frustrated with Avid. I pay more in Avid update plans annually than Studio One costs. We can bring them a lot of revenue and the timing is good now if they can iron out some of the 'less sexy' things.

One of the biggest things is if they can sort their audio engine out to be competitive to Logic, which is IMO competitive to HDX in practice (being that AAX-DSP plugins and additional busses etc in HDX add latency).

With the timing of Avid's canceling of reinstatement, and the new mac pro's coming out, there is a lot of potential for a large, well-healed user base in 2020. One that really doesn't care about included plugins at all.
Old 9th December 2019
  #39
Lives for gear
 
Quetz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
Lol we get it. You're a fanboy. It must be exhausting having your nose buried so far up presonus' rear end that you can't smell anything else but their sh!t.
No you don't get it.
Your position is so weak that you have to swear and use vulgarities to try and make a point.
I'm banned from the Presonus forum because I've hammered them over issues and shortcomings.
My outlook is balanced, and anyone that reads through my posts will see that for themselves, and I invite them to do so.
I also invite them to read through yours, where they'll see a pattern of whingeing, moaning and fatalistic outlooks, peppered with comments about how you seem to feel forced to use Studio One under pain of death.

You're a miserable old fart, basically. Yawn, yawn, yawn!!

@ RyanC - I don't follow Avid news, have never been a user, so not sure what reinstatement is/means, but I'm assuming it's something that is potentially going to cost people more money.
I'm sure Presonus would love a piece of the Avid pie, and they've made some moves towards that, I also have been following the 'new Mac Pro' thread and seen the discontent, so yes if they wanted to aggressively pursue them then S1 version 5 would be the time to do it.

But, it's impossible to foresee all these developments in advance, and we don't know how far ahead they plan their implementation and release schedule, or even if they think the same way we do.

In my mind, they've invested a good deal in the creative camp with the last couple of releases, who knows where their focus will be next.

There was a guy in this thread just above for whom mpe support was the burning issue, others want yet more focus on creative elements, some want more extensive midi tools, some want enhanced audio manipulation tools, there is a long list of geeky programming features and macro enhancements that I personally would like to see etc etc.

So whatever they do, they're always going to disappoint somebody, and that is the lot of the daw developer.

It's not as simple as just 'adding stuff' as many people seem to think, code just doesn't work like that.

The fact that they add so much and at such a pace should be cause for general optimism though, even if we don't all get what we want when we want it, and that's why I get so bored of people like Ionian that do nothing but complain without having the faintest grasp of how much work often goes into what seems on the surface like simple things.

What can and can't be added in the short term all boils down to the existing code base that in turn was defined by the architecture that was envisioned and implemented at the program's very conception.

Think about the daws that don't have drag and drop, for example. There's a reason they can't just 'add' it.
The core architecture doesn't allow them to.

From a purely business point of view I completely agree that a highly targeted land grab of ProTools users is where all their energy should be going, I guess we'll have to wait and see what transpires, I expect version 5 will arrive by summer next year.

I can tell you one thing though, I put them on the spot at the launch event during a Q and A session, asking their product manager on camera and for the record if they would confirm that they would not follow the Avid business model and force users into a subscription service in the future.
I asked that because it's the one thing that would cause me to drop them like a stone and move to another daw.

He said they would not do that and would always offer the option to buy the license outright.
Old 10th December 2019
  #40
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
No you don't get it.
Your position is so weak that you have to swear and use vulgarities to try and make a point.
I'm banned from the Presonus forum because I've hammered them over issues and shortcomings.
My outlook is balanced, and anyone that reads through my posts will see that for themselves, and I invite them to do so.
I also invite them to read through yours, where they'll see a pattern of whingeing, moaning and fatalistic outlooks, peppered with comments about how you seem to feel forced to use Studio One under pain of death.

You're a miserable old fart, basically. Yawn, yawn, yawn!!

@ RyanC - I don't follow Avid news, have never been a user, so not sure what reinstatement is/means, but I'm assuming it's something that is potentially going to cost people more money.
I'm sure Presonus would love a piece of the Avid pie, and they've made some moves towards that, I also have been following the 'new Mac Pro' thread and seen the discontent, so yes if they wanted to aggressively pursue them then S1 version 5 would be the time to do it.

But, it's impossible to foresee all these developments in advance, and we don't know how far ahead they plan their implementation and release schedule, or even if they think the same way we do.

In my mind, they've invested a good deal in the creative camp with the last couple of releases, who knows where their focus will be next.

There was a guy in this thread just above for whom mpe support was the burning issue, others want yet more focus on creative elements, some want more extensive midi tools, some want enhanced audio manipulation tools, there is a long list of geeky programming features and macro enhancements that I personally would like to see etc etc.

So whatever they do, they're always going to disappoint somebody, and that is the lot of the daw developer.

It's not as simple as just 'adding stuff' as many people seem to think, code just doesn't work like that.

The fact that they add so much and at such a pace should be cause for general optimism though, even if we don't all get what we want when we want it, and that's why I get so bored of people like Ionian that do nothing but complain without having the faintest grasp of how much work often goes into what seems on the surface like simple things.

What can and can't be added in the short term all boils down to the existing code base that in turn was defined by the architecture that was envisioned and implemented at the program's very conception.

Think about the daws that don't have drag and drop, for example. There's a reason they can't just 'add' it.
The core architecture doesn't allow them to.

From a purely business point of view I completely agree that a highly targeted land grab of ProTools users is where all their energy should be going, I guess we'll have to wait and see what transpires, I expect version 5 will arrive by summer next year.

I can tell you one thing though, I put them on the spot at the launch event during a Q and A session, asking their product manager on camera and for the record if they would confirm that they would not follow the Avid business model and force users into a subscription service in the future.
I asked that because it's the one thing that would cause me to drop them like a stone and move to another daw.

He said they would not do that and would always offer the option to buy the license outright.
Don't agree that they should be focusing on the Pro Tools crowd only. It's been working by them balancing things out. You got a younger generation of upcoming producers/engineers/songwriters coming up and they aren't running to buy pro tools/cubase etc. It's apple (obviously) with logic X, Fl, ableton/bitwig. These young FL producers doing scores with FL lol. Motu is not popular among the younger audience/dance music/hip hop which then they added a session view. Why do think they added that? Why did Presonus come up with the Atom? If you take away the songwriting related features of Studio One it would not be where it is. So you have an audience of just Pro Tools users showcasing what? Am I going to interested in that are a new version of Ableton with a Push 3. When Presonus does interviews or demo's who do you see them getting to do it? They get songwriters and producers to do it...
Old 10th December 2019
  #41
Lives for gear
 
Quetz's Avatar
No, no, I was saying that their next push should be towards capturing ProTools users because the timing is right.

The point we've both made, really, is that they direct their attentions towards different groups each time, but next time round they should be looking at that group.

Ultimately it would be nice if everyone gets what they want, of course, but they can't please absolutely everybody in one fell swoop in one release.

Unless they can, but then I think we'd all be surprised!
Old 10th December 2019
  #42
Gear Maniac
 

4.6 today?
Old 10th December 2019
  #43
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
No, no, I was saying that their next push should be towards capturing ProTools users because the timing is right.

The point we've both made, really, is that they direct their attentions towards different groups each time, but next time round they should be looking at that group.

Ultimately it would be nice if everyone gets what they want, of course, but they can't please absolutely everybody in one fell swoop in one release.

Unless they can, but then I think we'd all be surprised!
Gotcha.
Old 10th December 2019
  #44
Lives for gear
 
Quetz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatizright View Post
4.6 today?
That's what they said..
Old 10th December 2019
  #45
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
Lol we get it. You're a fanboy. It must be exhausting having your nose buried so far up presonus' rear end that you can't smell anything else but their sh!t.
Go outside or something. Why are you so negative, and mad on here?
Old 10th December 2019
  #46
Lives for gear
 
bgood's Avatar
I own lots of 3rd party plugins... in fact, I own most of them... I couldn’t give a single sh|t about new stock plugins unless they’re revolutionary. Especially more presonus virtual instruments as I’ve been thoroughly unimpressed with all of them... that being said, I own lots of pricey 3rd party ones.

Now, if they have some new mix buss Plugin stuff happening, I’m all for it

Generally, I feel like the updates have been great
Old 10th December 2019
  #47
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmahan40 View Post
Ditto, I'm personally hoping for MPE and improved midi functionality.
Ditto!
Old 10th December 2019
  #48
Lives for gear
 
ionian's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
No you don't get it.
Your position is so weak that you have to swear and use vulgarities to try and make a point.
I'm banned from the Presonus forum because I've hammered them over issues and shortcomings.
My outlook is balanced, and anyone that reads through my posts will see that for themselves, and I invite them to do so.
I also invite them to read through yours, where they'll see a pattern of whingeing, moaning and fatalistic outlooks, peppered with comments about how you seem to feel forced to use Studio One under pain of death.

You're a miserable old fart, basically. Yawn, yawn, yawn!!
Listen, just because you settle, don't expect the rest of us to. Someone can sh!t in your hat and you'd say, "thank you, it fits much better now." Some of us don't choose to live our lives like that.

Has nothing to do with vulgarities. Just calling it like it is. If you're too soft to handle it that's not my problem. Deal with it.

You should try raising your standards just once in your life - you might surprise yourself!
Old 10th December 2019
  #49
Lives for gear
 
Quetz's Avatar
Not much of that made sense.
Settle for what?
You seem to be a very angry person.
There's no need to take it out on the internet though.

I suggest you go and calm down and come back when you can at least pretend to be civil.
Old 10th December 2019
  #50
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatizright View Post
Don't agree that they should be focusing on the Pro Tools crowd only.
I didn't mean to suggest that they should exclusively do that. I'd definitely prefer MPE to another amp sim. I have a seaboard...MPE would be great too and I like S1 for the musical features.

With that being said, I think every type of user would like an improved audio engine. Including those who want MPE.

Also I think nearly all users would benefit from dynamic clip gain. Robust session data import again is something that should benefit EDM guys as much as anyone else.

Some other features like automation preview type workflow should be easy for them to implement given the control link system and while many might not use it, it's a feature that could have good ROI for them. Same goes for a mono -> stereo plugin. Or a "stop record and delete take" function. Dual mono panning, and an option for completely free routing.

I do get that they have a lot of people to please, but I think it's worth considering for them that breaking into even the small and mid-tier pro studio world would be a game changer. In my little corner of the world we have maybe as much as a thousand people come through in a year, and most of them will buy a DAW sooner or later.
Old 10th December 2019
  #51
Gear Maniac
Making choices is about making compromises. If the perfect DAW existed, it would be the only one on the market.

I for one am happy that Presonus does updates that have absolutely nothing to do with me. It means they are moving forward and always striving to improve.

Look at 4.5.5... applied to only a very small minority of their user base but a great update for those of us who have bought-in to the Faderport eco-system.

New features, like free plugins, make it more attractive to new users, which increases revenue, which by their past record means more future updates for existing users... and as has been pointed out... none of us have heard the new Ampire yet! For all we know it could be amazing... or it could be crap... or it could just be "meh" ... but we won't know until we can make up our own minds. It may just replace all the ones we paid for! A free amazing amp sim could actually make some people convert too. There are still a lot of us guitar people out there!

We'll just have to wait and see...
Old 10th December 2019
  #52
Old 10th December 2019
  #53
Lives for gear
 
Quetz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Also I think nearly all users would benefit from dynamic clip gain.

Some other features like automation preview type workflow should be easy for them to implement given the control link system and while many might not use it, it's a feature that could have good ROI for them. Same goes for a mono -> stereo plugin. Or a "stop record and delete take" function. Dual mono panning, and an option for completely free routing.
Ryan could you expound on these a bit for me?
I'm not familiar with the term 'dynamic clip gain' and also 'automation preview' and how it relates to control link.
I'm wondering if it's something I can implement.

Also, if you could break down the record and delete take function you want in detail I'll see if I can build a macro.

Dual pan built into stereo channels would be nice for people that prefer the mouse, but in reality kind of useless for a hardware control fanatic like me because I don't see them putting two encoders per strip on hw controllers any time soon.
So for me personally I'm actually happier to have the dual pan plug on stereo channels as part of my templates which I then have direct access to via plugin mode.
Old 10th December 2019
  #54
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
Ryan could you expound on these a bit for me?
I'm not familiar with the term 'dynamic clip gain' and also 'automation preview' and how it relates to control link.
I'm wondering if it's something I can implement.

Also, if you could break down the record and delete take function you want in detail I'll see if I can build a macro.

Dual pan built into stereo channels would be nice for people that prefer the mouse, but in reality kind of useless for a hardware control fanatic like me because I don't see them putting two encoders per strip on hw controllers any time soon.
So for me personally I'm actually happier to have the dual pan plug on stereo channels as part of my templates which I then have direct access to via plugin mode.
Yeah I can live with the dual pan plugin solution. It's actually nice to have the mouse for the plugin, and the balance for the control surface. CPU optimization is pretty self explanatory. S1 is great with small projects, but falls behind logic and even PT when trying to record at the 11th hour into a large project.

For the others-

The record and delete is especially nice when you have a band or a lot of tracks, if you know the take is bad in PT, you hit cmd+. and it deletes all the audio from the hard drive. Nice way to keep things tidy as you go. Also in PT, if you hit undo while recording (when in punch mode), you can delete (from the drive) old takes. So you can keep them in the session until you're sure, and then wipe out 10 of them after. Worse case you can recover the files from the trash.

Dynamic clip gain in PT-



Starting at 2:55. You can automate the (pre insert/send) volume right on the clip, and that automation is reflected in the visual amplitude of the waveform overview. Given that S1 already has clip gain that adjusts levels, this should be not to hard for them to add. This can also be copy/pasted.

The automation preview workflow (Ultimate only), allows you to suspend all automation, make adjustments to any number of parameters (plugins, vol, pan, sends etc) and then burn all those at once to a timeline selection. Then there is a function called "glide to/from current" which will allow you specify a time that all those parameters glide from their previous state to their new one. Great for say putting a slighting different mix to a chorus. You can automate 100 parameters in a minute, and glide them into and out of the chorus. Need to make a small change, no problem, enter preview again, adjust whichever parameters, write to current(or end/start) and done. REALLY awesome with control surfaces.

Trim automation would also be cool, but the transform tool in S1 is amazing and frankly better than PT here, but not for manual fader rides.

For session import, including busses, but also the ability to replace is super useful. IE in PT you can import just plugin assignments/settings, volume, pan and send settings and not audio onto existing tracks. So you record 10 songs with a band, then get a good starting point mix on song 1. This way you can import that mix, with all plugin and send assignments and settings to all 9 other songs. I suppose in S1 you could bring the tracks in (sans bus tracks) and then move all the audio. But for a large session this is time consuming compared to the "match tracks" function in PT. Especially if there are alternate takes to move as well.

Free routing of course is at least an option where the DAW won't be rigged so you can't make a feedback loop. Cool use of a feedback loop, FX bus has delay (100% wet), reverb, chorus plugins. Create a send from that bus, back to itself. Now you can automate the feedback of the delay (with the self routed send), and reorder the reverb chorus etc plugins at will. Also it's nice to be able to freely route busses to other busses. Or hardware returns to busses (maybe possible with pipeline one ended?).

Just a few thoughts. S1 has come a LONG way since the last time I messed with it (v3). To me it has the most potential to be a DAW that is equally adept at electronic production as it is at working with bands and large scale IO. This is where I think it's well positioned to take a big chunk of PT users who work in music.
Old 10th December 2019
  #55
Lives for gear
 
Quetz's Avatar
DAmn, sorry dude, I meant just the ones I mentioned, didn't mean to make you type all that out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC
if you know the take is bad in PT, you hit cmd+. and it deletes all the audio from the hard drive. Nice way to keep things tidy as you go. Also in PT, if you hit undo while recording (when in punch mode), you can delete (from the drive) old takes. So you can keep them in the session until you're sure, and then wipe out 10 of them after. Worse case you can recover the files from the trash.
Hitting the transport panel settings cog gives you the option to record to takes in 'Replace' mode, but whether this actually wipes the previous take from the drive I'm not sure, will check in a min. You can undo a recording in S1 of course, but again not sure if that wipes from the drive.
Not the same as you're describing though, but if it works it achieves some housekeeping at least, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC
You can automate the (pre insert/send) volume right on the clip, and that automation is reflected in the visual amplitude of the waveform overview..
..This can also be copy/pasted.
Yeak ok that's nice. Would be way better than the current workflow which is slicing clips and having to do it slice by slice.
The copy paste is a nice touch too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC
The automation preview workflow (Ultimate only), allows you to suspend all automation, make adjustments to any number of parameters (plugins, vol, pan, sends etc) and then burn all those at once to a timeline selection. Then there is a function called "glide to/from current" which will allow you specify a time that all those parameters glide from their previous state to their new one. Great for say putting a slighting different mix to a chorus.
Also very nice indeed.

The default automation setup is clunky in S1.
You can streamline it a lot by just having the preferences set a certain way, but there are some annoying things like if you expand all the active automation lanes for a track, you can't then move up and down amongst them, not with a controller and not even with a keyboard.
The only way to select one is by clicking on it with the mouse.
I find this bizarre.
The easy work around is to 'tab' through them directly on the track itself which you can do with controller/kb shortcut, but then of course if you have a shedload of parameters going on one track, you have to cycle through them one by one, and if you accidentally miss the one you want, it's back round to the beginning you go..
The different params are colour coded though which helps keep your eye on the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC
Trim automation would also be cool, but the transform tool in S1 is amazing and frankly better than PT here, but not for manual fader rides.
I guess there's a point to be made that not having trim does encourage/force you to be disciplined with setting your gain structure so that your faders are never in a zone where writing fader moves becomes awkward.

I personally don't miss it enough for it to be a burning issue, but that's because I do a lot of clip gain edits, however as discussed above, that workflow could be a lot more fluid itself if you could automate the clip gain.

Either way, one or the other of those solutions would be a very welcome addition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC
For session import, including busses, but also the ability to replace is super useful. IE in PT you can import just plugin assignments/settings, volume, pan and send settings and not audio onto existing tracks. So you record 10 songs with a band, then get a good starting point mix on song 1. This way you can import that mix, with all plugin and send assignments and settings to all 9 other songs. I suppose in S1 you could bring the tracks in (sans bus tracks) and then move all the audio. But for a large session this is time consuming compared to the "match tracks" function in PT. Especially if there are alternate takes to move as well.
Here is another thing where there is some oversight in S1.
You can't save a channel with all its associated settings.
You can save an FX chain, but that only works for inserts, not sends.
There is no way that I've found to save the config of a channel's send section.
While we're on the subject of oversights, an absolutely huge one for me is that in the channel editor in the macro controls view, you cannot assign any send params to the macro controls!
Why??!!!
AND.. the 'channel editor' command has two distinctly different views, one for the macro controls, and one for the plugin 'rack', but there is only one command for opening and closing both, which again forces you to pick up the mouse.
Please stop making me pick up the mouse! It's infuriating.

Also, you can't add an FX chain to an existing set of inserts on a channel, it always overwrites the existing inserts, which is really annoying, especially for a Console 1 user..
Console 1 is on every single track and channel inn every session, whether it's bypassed or in use, in order to keep navigation fluid, but this means FX chains are completely useless to me, can't use them even if I wanted to.

So as you say you could just save the session as a template then move audio over to it, but if the audio tracks aren't all in the same order each time you can't drag and drop them all at once (if that doesn't make sense it's just because I misunderstood you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC
Free routing of course is at least an option where the DAW won't be rigged so you can't make a feedback loop. Cool use of a feedback loop, FX bus has delay (100% wet), reverb, chorus plugins. Create a send from that bus, back to itself. Now you can automate the feedback of the delay (with the self routed send), and reorder the reverb chorus etc plugins at will. Also it's nice to be able to freely route busses to other busses. Or hardware returns to busses (maybe possible with pipeline one ended?).
I use pre-fader sends on buses a LOT to accomplish most routing issues, it's become second nature since I started using an aux/pre-master setup.
It's not a replacement for free-routing, but it solves a lot of the challenges you come across.
There are definitely some avenues to explore using Pipeline in tandem with the splitter, I haven't explored it fully but I think there are some cool tricks to be had there.
You've given me a few things to think about there and I will have a play to see if there are any creative work-arounds to any of them, I'm especially curious to see if I can do anything with clip gain..
Old 10th December 2019
  #56
Lives for gear
 
bgood's Avatar
These amp sims sound great... it’s interesting to watch how the devs are filling up different buckets for various customers... EDM/techno, pro tools, Gtr players...

If these incremental advances continue s1 will probably conquer the daw world in 5 or 6 years...

Did they fix the not recognizing bpm info in audio loops that they broke a few versions back?
Old 10th December 2019
  #57
js1
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Did they fix the not recognizing bpm info in audio loops that they broke a few versions back?
Believe so. They didn't use that exact wording, but "Improved Tempo Matching of Loops" wouldn't be of much value if it ignored the bpm.
Old 10th December 2019
  #58
Gear Head
 

Quetz
Quote:
Also, you can't add an FX chain to an existing set of inserts on a channel, it always overwrites the existing inserts, which is really annoying, especially for a Console 1 user..
Console 1 is on every single track and channel inn every session, whether it's bypassed or in use, in order to keep navigation fluid, but this means FX chains are completely useless to me, can't use them even if I wanted to.
Actually you can insert FX chain without overwriting an existing one - you just need to drag it in an insert and put it where you want(between, after or before existing plug-in/chains). I find it much more convenient than just adding chain of effects "after"(without other two options).
Old 10th December 2019
  #59
Lives for gear
 
Quetz's Avatar
Oh cool, well I stand corrected!
I'm so averse to using the mouse I'd only tried the direct command..
Old 11th December 2019
  #60
At a glance, the amp sim stuff sounds great. I have to admit I'm swayed by the shiny new UI as well, but it does sound pretty good. Going to be really nice for demos, or maybe even supporting other amps. Not completely convinced it's all that yet though.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump