The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Crashes
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Crashes

I love Studio One but my God is it a frustrating program to deal with. I'm in the middle of a mix using lots of outboard gear. I had it about 3/4 done the other day then had other sessions so I left all the gear I was using as is so I wouldn't have a complex recall. Now when I load up the project, everything exactly the same as before in the computer and outside the computer, it will drop out from coming out of my Madi converters after a few seconds and task manager shows 50-60% cpu usage. The converters are locked in so that isn't the issue. I then have to force quit SO. This is a REGULAR problem with this program. I usually have to force quit a couple times every day but this time I cannot get it to play out of my converters, even when I disable every insert. Any ideas?

I am on the latest version of Pro, I had been on the previous version so updating didn't help. Another track I am working on without plugs or outboard works just l/r out.

This really sucks because I am supposed to have this mix done in a couple hours with another client tracking later today using the same gear. I do not want to have to redo this entire mix which took a whole day so far.

I may have to start thinking about Reaper. There are just so many issues with this program. I love it when it works but...
Old 4 weeks ago
Could it somehow be a clocking issue?

I have a ton of I/O, and I haven't had a single crash with S1. I hadn't even thought about this until I saw your post. I used t crash PT once or twice a day.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search