The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Do you have to align after sending a signal out to hardware for mixing?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Do you have to align after sending a signal out to hardware for mixing?

I don’t do this anymore but long ago when I had pro tools I would have to realign via the sample rate and latency.

What I want to do is send a vocal track out to a hardware compressor and back in. I know roundtrip latency but in studio one 4 pro, does it auto align? If not is there a simple way to use a function where it will align?

Also what about reamping via spdif?
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap217 View Post
I don’t do this anymore but long ago when I had pro tools I would have to realign via the sample rate and latency.

What I want to do is send a vocal track out to a hardware compressor and back in. I know roundtrip latency but in studio one 4 pro, does it auto align? If not is there a simple way to use a function where it will align?

Also what about reamping via spdif?
Look at the pipeline plugin
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmission View Post
Look at the pipeline plugin
WOW! Not sure how I never heard about this but thanks. I will use this a lot but it still doesnt answer my question about if I need to align tracks after they are back in? Pipeline is great for monitoring but I assume its not needed for aligning.
Old 3 weeks ago
Pipeline will pop a signal through your loop, and set the offset for you.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Ok, I’ve tested this and I was right. I ran out into hardware and back in. Low buffer and I am delayed 3.8 ms in 44.1.

Is there a function that I can slide the whole track by samples? And by ms? Besides sliding.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search