The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Can you program middle mouse button > Hand like Cubase/Photoshop?
Old 13th October 2019
Lives for gear

Can you program middle mouse button > Hand like Cubase/Photoshop?

And be able to drag the whole screen left or right? Actually I don't see a hand right now in S1 but it wouldn't surprise me if there is one. That's the only mod I did to Reaper and I use it all the time.

There is a middle mouse menu but it's not a hand.

Can someone lend me a hand?
Old 13th October 2019
Lives for gear

Speaking of hand, my mouse hand is seeing stars after a long night of editing. But I'm starting to navigate a little better, in this particular case i had 6 takes that were always before or after the beat so I had my hand so that thumb was over the shift key to mousewheel left to right, index finger over 3 for slice, ring finger over 1 for delete the chunk, and repeat hundreds of times.

So maybe the hand isn't so necessary but I can't believe how great this has been so far. I really am blown away by S1. And Fireface's latest drivers Wonderful fun
Old 14th October 2019
Lives for gear

I hope you all realize how important if must be for me to reply twice to myself... ahem...

A tilt mousewheel! I'd never thought about upgrading past a three button mouse w mousewheel before. I was on ProTools at the Uni for years (20 years ago!) with a one button Mac mouse . My decision to use Windows was because they had a mousewheel - sure I was told Macs could do that, but ...
I have plenty of mouses with side buttons but those would get me in trouble quickly because I fidget and can't learn how to un-fidget.

But today I went so far as a regular wireless mouse with Tilt, and what a revelation! Very much more efficient than using a Hand. Left scroll, right scroll.

Studio One has been really good to me today, with all kinds of things I didn't know about it appeared right where I'd expect them. If only Melodyne were so intuitive!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I'm pretty sure saw a video of someone using S1 with a touch screen and they were able to scroll horizontally with a hand tool?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

If you have Logitech mouse, yo can use Logitech Options and program it to do this. It has capability of reprogramming buttons per app.
I've put middle click to do panning, so it has same behavior like Cubase/Reaper.
Additionally, I've set thumb buttons to open/close mixer and editor respectively, so I don't have to use keyboard for that, it's way faster. Tilting sides of wheel are opening/closing Browser and Inspector for me.
Just this app helped me in ergonomics of Studio One to the point I couldn't go back using it without those "little" things.

Cheers
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Smart Scroll is an app that can do that (Mac only)
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Seriously, the mouse wheel that goes left and right (known as a Tilt mousewheel) is perfect for now. I'm aghast it never occurred to me I had some lying around (Thrift Store junkie here) and just didn't make the connection.

As-is, Studio One scrolls horizontally perfect, couldn't ask to tweak it better.

Still, great suggestions you all and my sincere thanks .
Certainly a high end mouse is in my future as is a bigger screen.
And Black Friday is approaching...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search