The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Why not the Universal .sfz import in Presence?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Why not the Universal .sfz import in Presence?

Polyphone is hit and miss whether it will convert .sfz to sf2 for Presence import, and just destroying a Friday night thinking my .sfzs could be crowbar'ed to work in a Studio One project.

That's a big oversight me thinks. Sure I have some Xylophone soundfonts from 1999 and they're probably 80 kb. But no realistic Kontakt instrument will load unless that too is older than a decade, and I'm getting kind of cross

Any ideas that are good? SFZ player that remembers path or a converter to a S1-friendly format? I used to like sForzando but can't remember if that's evil. Must be if I can't remember.

-update- fine I can use sForzando, but Presence is looking so long in the tooth it's a bruised apple for Studio One.

Last edited by JoeyM; 6 days ago at 09:44 PM..
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

It looks like Sample One XT has most of what I was looking for. You know just the features list there's a lot to learn about Studio One and I'm having the time of my life, and while under terrible stress in the background!

-disclaimer- No, Sample One XT doesn't import .sfz but I'm just saying, my home made simple/sample instruments can be made easy enough from scratch.

Last edited by JoeyM; 2 days ago at 07:46 PM..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search